PDA

View Full Version : Erica Enders....

69Dart
10-28-2007, 10:25 PM
See she was at the track supporting Richie Stevens...
Wonder if that pair will be a team in 08' ?

Willy
10-29-2007, 05:17 AM
See she was at the track supporting Richie Stevens...
Wonder if that pair will be a team in 08' ?

Oh, so that's who that was up on the starting line.........:rolleyes:

larrydavis427
12-06-2007, 09:22 AM
Take a look at Erica's blog on NHRA.Com. She certainly is impressive!!

Willy
12-06-2007, 09:53 AM
Take a look at Erica's blog on NHRA.Com. She certainly is impressive!!

What with all of the parties, shopping, etc, I'm amazed she has time to find a sponsor to resume her dead in the water racing career....:rolleyes:

gary4205
12-06-2007, 01:18 PM
What with all of the parties, shopping, etc, I'm amazed she has time to find a sponsor to resume her dead in the water racing career....:rolleyes:

Did you catch that Gregg "has taken a job"?

Roy White
12-06-2007, 02:18 PM
I did notice that but, I was under the impression that is what he does anyway. I also notice she is not wearing her pretty ring.

ramcharger
12-06-2007, 02:35 PM
What ring? What job? Erica who? Gregg who? What does all that have to do with racing? Does he race? Does she race? Who cares? :eek:

Ron Burke
12-06-2007, 03:28 PM
What ring? What job? Erica who? Gregg who? What does all that have to do with racing? Does he race? Does she race? Who cares? :eek:X2. Post of the week.

larrydavis427
12-06-2007, 05:26 PM
What ring? What job? Erica who? Gregg who? What does all that have to do with racing? Does he race? Does she race? Who cares? :eek:
Thousands care! Perhaps the most famous celebrity in drag racing. Don't know anyone else who has a famous Disney movie made about them. John who??

Rowdy
12-06-2007, 05:55 PM
Thousands care! Perhaps the most famous celebrity in drag racing. Don't know anyone else who has a famous Disney movie made about them. John who??

Oh no... i think i agree with Larry here. ;) Though i'm not a big fan of Erica's i think she does add something to the mix. She is one of the only women to have attempted to compete in Pro Stock and when she was with Cagnazzi she did represent well. I don't care about her Disney movie but i'm pretty sure there are some young girls and boys who were probably introduced to drag racing because of it and that is a good thing.

Why are some of you people so hard on Erica and her dad? They seem to be doing all they can to be involved in the sport. We should be encouraging them to be all they can be and not disrespecting them. What's the point of that?

gary4205
12-06-2007, 06:13 PM
Oh no... i think i agree with Larry here. ;) Though i'm not a big fan of Erica's i think she does add something to the mix. She is one of the only women to have attempted to compete in Pro Stock and when she was with Cagnazzi she did represent well. I don't care about her Disney movie but i'm pretty sure there are some young girls and boys who were probably introduced to drag racing because of it and that is a good thing.

Why are some of you people so hard on Erica and her dad? They seem to be doing all they can to be involved in the sport. We should be encouraging them to be all they can be and not disrespecting them. What's the point of that?

Well put. I think the deal that has some steamed though is the fact they haven't accomplished all that much in PS, other than scoring lots of ink. Some of us probably scratch our heads because of some of the decisions made, like leaving Cagnazzi. But at least they had the courage to try and do their own thing, something that not everyone has.

Willy
12-06-2007, 06:36 PM
[QUOTE=Rowdy]They seem to be doing all they can to be involved in the sport.QUOTE]

EE's blog has very little to say about them working to continue to stay involved in the sport. It's about parties. Shopping. Dad's new job.

gary4205
12-06-2007, 06:49 PM
[QUOTE=Rowdy]They seem to be doing all they can to be involved in the sport.QUOTE]

EE's blog has very little to say about them working to continue to stay involved in the sport. It's about parties. Shopping. Dad's new job.

Willy, don't know about you, but it wouldn't bother me what she writes about in her blog, if there were results from their sponsor search. Most of the team blogs talk about life away from the track. Erica's problem is at this point they aren't a race team, just some folks who would like to be out there.

Bernie Eccelstone
12-06-2007, 09:15 PM

LMAO @ famous disney movie.....what was the name of it again? nobody I know has ever heard of it.............:rolleyes:

Maybe these guys should be their new sponsor..........
http://www.nysco.com/beverage-merchandisers/counter-units/hype-large.jpg

just sayin'.............

gary4205
12-07-2007, 12:39 AM
LMAO @ famous disney movie.....what was the name of it again? nobody I know has ever heard of it.............:rolleyes:

just sayin'.............

Post of the day.

larrydavis427
12-07-2007, 09:14 AM

just sayin'.............
The movie is "Right On Track. Watched by over 50 MILLION people, this outstandingly rated movie became Disneys number 1 watched original TV movie of all time. Rent the movie Bernie, it's not quite a "Gone With The Wind" but close.

dragracer3773
12-07-2007, 11:03 AM
The movie is "Right On Track. Watched by over 50 MILLION people, this outstandingly rated movie became Disneys number 1 watched original TV movie of all time. Rent the movie Bernie, it's not quite a "Gone With The Wind" but close.
Did Clark Gable go into the sand when the chutes on his junior dragster didn't deploy too?:rolleyes:

a/fool
12-07-2007, 11:40 AM
what is up with you and erica enders? who cares about some stupid disney movie. she is a has been that never was, get over it. with all the stuff she has going on she can't "focus" on dragracing anymore.

larrydavis427
12-07-2007, 12:46 PM
what is up with you and erica enders? who cares about some stupid disney movie. she is a has been that never was, get over it. with all the stuff she has going on she can't "focus" on dragracing anymore.
I predict that when her career is over she'll be more successful than A. Force. Erica will accomplish this in the toughest pro class. She's the real deal with lots of talent!!

Ron Burke
12-07-2007, 01:05 PM
I predict that when her career is over she'll be more successful than A. Force. Erica will accomplish this in the toughest pro class. She's the real deal with lots of talent!!Get a clue it's over now.

a/fool
12-07-2007, 01:05 PM
pleeease, her career IS over. A. Force has done more than she ever will. no one over 14 even knows who she was. you are the only one out there keeping the dream alive.

gary4205
12-07-2007, 02:19 PM
I predict that when her career is over she'll be more successful than A. Force. Erica will accomplish this in the toughest pro class. She's the real deal with lots of talent!!

Larry, I gotta say, since Erica was racing in the Super Classes, I've paid attention, and through her recent troubles I've been sympathetic. But at this point she has really failed to live up to expectations. She has went from being a contender to absolutely zero.

Yes, Pro Stock is tough, AND? Every class is tough. The thing in Pro Stock is getting in the show. As close as the fields are, a decent driver can go rounds if they can just nail the tree.

Who knows what was going through Erica, and Gregg's minds when they went some of the directions they did. For that matter, it's hard to fault someone for trying to better themselves.

No matter the what, when, why, or how concerning the Enders team, the bottom line is in a few short years they have went from front page news to no news at all. Not the first team it's happened to, won't be the last.

ramcharger
12-07-2007, 10:30 PM
She spends more time exposing her cleavage in the blogs than exposing herself to racing in any form. From my perspective she's just like Paris Hilton...all fluff and no substance. She's gone from being a woman Pro Stock driver to being irrelevant and done it with amazing speed and grace. And as far as her comment about Daddy just became the CEO of another conglomerate, well who gives a ****?

a/fool
12-08-2007, 12:38 AM
ramcharger you just read my mind. i had just thought of the "paris hilton" of dragracing, and was going to make a post. you beat me to it.
we can lock this thread now, you said it all.

DynoGrump
12-08-2007, 08:28 AM
what perplexes me is her dad, according to them, is a very successful business man, yet when it comes drag racing, he has made some of the worst decisions ever in drag racing. According to them all there moves was planned and Greg has on a few occasions taken offense when people question or criticize him but the bottom line is in a little over a year erica has gone from one of the biggest stars in the sport with a championship caliber car to a spectator.

larrydavis427
12-08-2007, 09:15 AM
Get a clue it's over now.
How can you say A. Forces's career is over. She has plenty of money behind her, even though she has had little success.

ramcharger
12-08-2007, 11:56 AM
How can you say A. Forces's career is over. She has plenty of money behind her, even though she has had little success.

What he's saying is that ERICA's career is over not Ashley's and that Ashley has done more that EE ever did. Have to agree with him.

ramcharger
12-08-2007, 12:06 PM
what perplexes me is her dad, according to them, is a very successful business man, yet when it comes drag racing, he has made some of the worst decisions ever in drag racing. According to them all there moves was planned and Greg has on a few occasions taken offense when people question or criticize him but the bottom line is in a little over a year erica has gone from one of the biggest stars in the sport with a championship caliber car to a spectator.

At her age she isn't running that team any more than Morgan Lucas is running his. It's the Daddys behind the scene. Having said that I have to agree that her Dad has made some strange decisions considering his supposed business acumen. I really thought it was funny when he made all those statements about the multi-million dollar companies he's running but here he can't get one simple racing team off the ground.
And personally I'm sick of hearing about the movie made about her. That was years ago, she's grown up past that, she didn't star in it, but if SHE wants to stay stuck in that time warp well...who am I to argue. There are thousands of child stars who went on to become nothings. She's just one more.

Pat McGill
12-08-2007, 01:11 PM
Maybe all of their "bad" decisions weren't their decisions?

Peter Kumble
12-08-2007, 01:29 PM
She appeals to a select group of fans. If she can find the right company who are marketing to that demographic, then she should be good. I don' want to get my self into trouble here but as far as being marketed as an attractive or cute woman driver, that is just not Erica. She should market herself as a competent driver (not a natural or great one but competent) who is a woman and can sell stuff for a sponsor that will attract women or men who like to purchase sports oriented clothing. I won't get into her political positions and that she appeared wearing a Bush for President tee shirt. That is her own business and I wish that she would leave it at home when she is at the drags.

ramcharger
12-08-2007, 04:18 PM
She appeals to a select group of fans. If she can find the right company who are marketing to that demographic, then she should be good. I don' want to get my self into trouble here but as far as being marketed as an attractive or cute woman driver, that is just not Erica. She should market herself as a competent driver (not a natural or great one but competent) who is a woman and can sell stuff for a sponsor that will attract women or men who like to purchase sports oriented clothing. I won't get into her political positions and that she appeared wearing a Bush for President tee shirt. That is her own business and I wish that she would leave it at home when she is at the drags.

(A) you're not going to get in trouble here. Everyone is entitled to an opinion even if you're always wrong. :D (B) Yes she should be able to market herself in the way you mention but that's the point we've been making...first she's disappeared for whatever reason. She was making good horsepower and some decent runs but then apparently her Dad took the wheels off changing sponsors and engines like a chameleon. Second she's essentially dropped out of the NHRA blogs and when she does update it basically it has nothing to do about her racing or lack thereof so when she does blog it's more about her partying and her buds and nothing about how the quest is going for one on those elusive sponsors she's always seeking. You can't go looking for sponsors with a gin and tonic or Bud Light in your hand. Third some of the people on this list seem to think her life story having been made into a Disney movie gives her some slack, sorry it don't. She's only as good as her last race which has been some time ago...way too far back to count. As far as her politics are concerned I'd have to cut her some slack for wearing a Bush shirt (she can't be ALL bad...:D ) but it makes no difference to me who she supports any more than who Sean Penn does. Their vote counts the same as mine assuming they exercise the right. If she chooses to wear it at the track or in the bath tub who cares?

Ron Burke
12-08-2007, 04:19 PM

You might want to work on your reading comprehension. I was obviously talking about your heroine EE.

larrydavis427
12-08-2007, 04:52 PM
Erica is very cute and has more assets than A. Force. Also nothing wrong with supporting the president and the USA. Erica will land a big time sponsor shortly!!

gary4205
12-08-2007, 04:52 PM

I think you are right on, except for the W t-shirt. Most people (who voted) voted to re-elect the guy, so it isn't like she wearin' one of the "Che" t-shirts the idiot Hollywood types are wearin'!

Don't know what their deal is, but it is disappointing to see where she has gone so quickly. Like Pat said, all of the decisions may not have been their own, but it's still disappointing.

RWSharp
12-09-2007, 02:35 AM
http://blogs.nhra.com/nhrablogs.asp?blog=endersShe spends more time exposing her cleavage in the blogs than exposing herself to racing in any form. From my perspective she's just like Paris Hilton...all fluff and no substance. She's gone from being a woman Pro Stock driver to being irrelevant and done it with amazing speed and grace. And as far as her comment about Daddy just became the CEO of another conglomerate, well who gives a ****?

Ramcharger, I could not agree more with your perspective. It is so great to know that we have our own "it's all about me and my dad__dee, you know he's the CEO of some big company, yeppie" kinda girl that sends in an occasional blog. :)

I don't think I would want a sponsor to see the top picture in her last blog http://blogs.nhra.com/nhrablogs.asp?blog=enders (http://blogs.nhra.com/nhrablogs.asp?blog=enders)

Maybe we are all wrong about her, but she keeps putting her foot in her mouth with her occasional blog about her buds, shopping and girl small talk.

It appears that Nickens has moved on with Gene Wilson. Does anyone know if Nickens is still the builder of choice for EE? Of course with no sponsor you don't need very many motors. Well probably none.http://forum.competitionplus.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

Mustang Eddie
12-09-2007, 01:59 PM
Erica is very cute and has more assets than A. Force. Also nothing wrong with supporting the president and the USA. Erica will land a big time sponsor shortly!!I want some of what Larry is smoking:D .

larrydavis427
12-09-2007, 03:04 PM
She spends more time exposing her cleavage in the blogs than exposing herself to racing in any form. From my perspective she's just like Paris Hilton...all fluff and no substance. She's gone from being a woman Pro Stock driver to being irrelevant and done it with amazing speed and grace. And as far as her comment about Daddy just became the CEO of another conglomerate, well who gives a ****?
She shows no more than the other nitro women, the difference is that she has more curves. Also she along with Sampey are the most talented female pro drivers.

Peter Kumble
12-09-2007, 04:33 PM
I want some of what Larry is smoking:D .

So do I. She has to keep the sun glasses on. Look, I am sure that if I were in her "inner circle of friends", I would be really keen on her. I just see other women like Mendy Fry who are the real deal, like a Melanie Troxel, and would like to see their presence in the drag racing world go up.

Donn2390
12-09-2007, 04:40 PM
She shows no more than the other nitro women, the difference is that she has more curves. Also she along with Sampey are the most talented female pro drivers.

I was hoping The reason Larry has no clue about drag racing was because he spent all of his time chasing ladies, but now we know he has no taste in women, either.
Dont give up, Larry, maybe golf is your thing..!

willyj
12-09-2007, 05:16 PM
Erica is very cute and has more assets than A. Force. Also nothing wrong with supporting the president and the USA. Erica will land a big time sponsor shortly!!

you are probably the guy that stands outside of her pits at nhra events for hours waiting for an autograph or for her to look at you. Then, she goes to make her run where she either misses her shift points or takes a chance to blame the crew chief when it spins. You need a reality check if you think she is cute and has more assets than Ashley Force.

gary4205
12-09-2007, 05:58 PM

Larry, you are half right anyway! Angelle Sampey IS one of the best, and has the record to prove it!

Erica sadly, does not.

I've rooted for the kid, because she has potential. Sorry to see she hasn't lived up to the billing. As others have said, some of the stuff may not have been all of their doing, but there sure is a string of dumb moves.

As for the blogs, everyone, who has one, mixes some racing with a lot of off track stuff, which is kinda the point. So I don't know wearing her out about writing of her partying is all that fair. And the latest pic? She's young and has a curve or two. They're at the banquet, and that's what passes for formal wear these days. Put that in the same context as Dave Connolly's hat (arrgh!) and Steve Johnson's shoes. There's no accounting for taste.

If they were smart, they'd be racing something else until they got enough bread to go racing again in Pro Stock. They live with 3 hours of some really great bracket programs, and there is nothing like seat time to keep you sharp and maybe even better your skills! Hasn't hurt "Hot Rod", or Connolly, or Jeggie!

ramcharger
12-09-2007, 08:13 PM

Horse hockey! Direct me to one picture of Angelle or Ashley Force that exposes anything near what EE's pictures always hype. And one other thing...don't put EE and Angelle in the same breath. One is a three time world champion and the winningest woman EVER in NHRA and the other is a one time has-been. When she even wins ONE championship you might...just might... be able to mention them together but the first thing for EE to do is to drag her cleavage onto the track. Last time I looked a set of boobs has never won an NHRA championship. The portion of the anatomy that counts is a little higher up on the body.

larrydavis427
12-09-2007, 08:26 PM
Horse hockey! Direct me to one picture of Angelle or Ashley Force that exposes anything near what EE's pictures always hype. And one other thing...don't put EE and Angelle in the same breath. One is a three time world champion and the winningest woman EVER in NHRA and the other is a one time has-been. When she even wins ONE championship you might...just might... be able to mention them together but the first thing for EE to do is to drag her cleavage onto the track. Last time I looked a set of boobs has never won an NHRA championship. The portion of the anatomy that counts is a little higher up on the body.There are photos out there similar to Erica's. Your right I shouldn't have put Erica in the same sentence with Angelle, not yet! But at this point she has been a better driver in a tougher class than Ashley.

Justin League
12-09-2007, 09:24 PM
The Enders sideshow is just that. I think Rosie O'Fat Ass could drive Pro Stock and Larry would think she's fine and gonna be the champ.

Ron Burke
12-09-2007, 10:26 PM
Guys, I think Larry just has a thing for beefy women.

Donn2390
12-09-2007, 10:31 PM
But at this point she has been a better driver in a tougher class than Ashley.

I think Larry's post are ridiculous to the point of no longer warranting a response. He either has a great sense of humor and is pulling our collective legs, or he foolishly actually believes the stuff he writes, in which case he deserves to be ignored.

b.guggenmos
12-10-2007, 10:08 PM
Larry, you are half right anyway! Angelle Sampey IS one of the best, and has the record to prove it!

Erica sadly, does not.

I've rooted for the kid, because she has potential. Sorry to see she hasn't lived up to the billing. As others have said, some of the stuff may not have been all of their doing, but there sure is a string of dumb moves.

As for the blogs, everyone, who has one, mixes some racing with a lot of off track stuff, which is kinda the point. So I don't know wearing her out about writing of her partying is all that fair. And the latest pic? She's young and has a curve or two. They're at the banquet, and that's what passes for formal wear these days. Put that in the same context as Dave Connolly's hat (arrgh!) and Steve Johnson's shoes. There's no accounting for taste.

If they were smart, they'd be racing something else until they got enough bread to go racing again in Pro Stock. They live with 3 hours of some really great bracket programs, and there is nothing like seat time to keep you sharp and maybe even better your skills! Hasn't hurt "Hot Rod", or Connolly, or Jeggie!

She should have been out bracket racing! Just because of no sponsor does not been take a vacation and go shopping.

I kind of pulled for her in the beginning as an underdog and she showed some flashes of possibilities. But she lost on some holeshots and then the "own team" thing but she should always be trying to stay sharp.

I have heard Jeg say numerous times how much the ultra competitive bracket racing sharpened his skills.

If EE is going to be a serious racer she needs to take racing seriously and stay out of the mall. Brian

larrydavis427
12-13-2007, 05:47 PM
Horse hockey! Direct me to one picture of Angelle or Ashley Force that exposes anything near what EE's pictures always hype. And one other thing...don't put EE and Angelle in the same breath. One is a three time world champion and the winningest woman EVER in NHRA and the other is a one time has-been. When she even wins ONE championship you might...just might... be able to mention them together but the first thing for EE to do is to drag her cleavage onto the track. Last time I looked a set of boobs has never won an NHRA championship. The portion of the anatomy that counts is a little higher up on the body.
Here's your picture of Ashley exposing herself like Erica has. Page 27 of National Dragsters Dec. 14th issue. Gee is that Erica's dress???

ramcharger
12-13-2007, 06:33 PM
Here's your picture of Ashley exposing herself like Erica has. Page 27 of National Dragsters Dec. 14th issue. Gee is that Erica's dress???

Sorry Larry...my mail is late. Just got the December 7th issue with the two Tony's on the cover. I'll have to wait to see what you're talking about. Besides..what does it really matter if there's one picture of Ashley, or Angelle or any other female racer with a little cleavage showing. It's S.O.P. on Erica's NHRA.com blog. The whole discussion here is about a lot more than her choice of clothes. It's all about her trashing her career by staying away from the track this long and the unexplainable decisions her and her father have made.

a/fool
12-13-2007, 08:00 PM
one more thing, it works for ashley. erica, well, maybe i'll just leave it at that.

Rowdy
12-13-2007, 08:08 PM
This thread sort of reminds me of the Jerry Seinfeld episode of George's daddy's cleavage. Remember the deal with the BRO and the MANZIRRE?

Cleavage on men BAD.:eek:

Cleavage on women GOOD.:D

ramcharger
12-13-2007, 08:47 PM
Actually I think this thread is similar to the one on Doug Herbert and his myriad crew chiefs. It's a thread that won't die a natural death. It's gone way beyond it's approximate lifetime.

I have to admit that I was never a fan of Seinfeld's show and probably haven't watched more than four or five episodes in the shows lifetime. If there was one character I thought was good it was Kramer (if that's how you spell his name) but not enough so to keep me glued to the tube. Not a big fan of commercial TV programming. They don't call it the "vast wasteland" for nothing. :rolleyes:

gary4205
12-13-2007, 10:41 PM
This thread sort of reminds me of the Jerry Seinfield episode of George's daddy's cleavage. Remember the deal with the BRO and the MANZIRRE?

Cleavage on men BAD.:eek:

Cleavage on women GOOD.:D

Perfectly stated! Anyone who gets upset seeing a good looking gal showin' 'em off, might want to see a doctor, or a mortician! :D

ramcharger
12-15-2007, 05:50 PM

Just got it this afternoon. Is that the best you can do as far as Ashley is concerned? One picture of her on Leno and you think that's comparable to EE's blog pictures? Now I grant you she's showing a little cleavage and some leg but give me a break. :rolleyes: At least SHE spends her time at the track attempting to improve herself. BTW how come you get ND a week before I do?

larrydavis427
12-15-2007, 07:47 PM
Just got it this afternoon. Is that the best you can do as far as Ashley is concerned? One picture of her on Leno and you think that's comparable to EE's blog pictures? Now I grant you she's showing a little cleavage and some leg but give me a break. :rolleyes: At least SHE spends her time at the track attempting to improve herself. BTW how come you get ND a week before I do? Your exact quote," Direct me to one picture of Angelle or Ashley Force that exposes anything near what EE's pictures always hype." I don't think that her photo on Leno could be anymore similar to EE's photo. Get your foot out of your mouth!!

gary4205
12-15-2007, 09:24 PM
Your exact quote," Direct me to one picture of Angelle or Ashley Force that exposes anything near what EE's pictures always hype." I don't think that her photo on Leno could be anymore similar to EE's photo. Get your foot out of your mouth!!

Larry, here's the bottom line, and this is coming from someone who would enjoy seeing Erica succeed. Erica needs to get her tail out to the drag strip. If she and her dad can't put together a competitive PS team at this point, dig out her old Super Comp car, or throw something together.

No way you can be a winner in PS without staying sharp, and Erica is doing nothing to stay sharp. What are the best drivers doing, now that the show is over? That's right, they're still racing. Some are going bracket racing, some of the fuel guys will be roundy round racing in Oklahoma at the Chili Bowl (a really cool race btw)

Erica hasn't turned a tire in quite awhile. There's no shame in dropping down into the sportsman ranks to race. In fact it is the smart thing to do.

I don't have a problem with the way Erica dresses. I don't care what she writes in her blog. But if she wants to be taken seriously, at this point, she needs to shop less, and drive more.

Don't know what kind of friends she made coming up, but if she doesn't have something laying around, some of her fellow sportsman racers might be willing to help.

Raceway Park in Baytown has a decent bracket program as does San Antonio. To the north is Kennedale near Ft Worth. And down from there is Temple. In all there are around 15 Texas tracks that have decent bracket programs with tough tough racers. If she can go rounds at these tracks, Sunday in Pro Stock would be a breeze, if she had a good car.

texasnitro07
12-16-2007, 01:57 AM
Erica is done, not that she ever got her career off the ground that great anyhow...she is to into the socialite thing for my taste, running around, spending daddies money, shopping, jetsetting with her friends, I think drag racing was just a passing fling for her, not something she was really passionate about in the long term, just kind of a cool thing to do. So I guess if anyone wants to find Erica, you can go to the Woodlands Mall north of Houston and look, she can't be too hard to find......

ruserious
12-16-2007, 07:25 AM
Erica is done, not that she ever got her career off the ground that great anyhow...she is to into the socialite thing for my taste, running around, spending daddies money, shopping, jetsetting with her friends, I think drag racing was just a passing fling for her, not something she was really passionate about in the long term, just kind of a cool thing to do. So I guess if anyone wants to find Erica, you can go to the Woodlands Mall north of Houston and look, she can't be too hard to find......

Daddy Enders is out of money! Period!!!! Smoke, mirrors and day dreams only go so far. Cash allows you to push the pedal…lack of proper management has restricted their cash flow. Leave the lady a lone and let her shop in peace.

larrydavis427
12-16-2007, 11:31 AM
Larry, here's the bottom line, and this is coming from someone who would enjoy seeing Erica succeed. Erica needs to get her tail out to the drag strip. If she and her dad can't put together a competitive PS team at this point, dig out her old Super Comp car, or throw something together.

No way you can be a winner in PS without staying sharp, and Erica is doing nothing to stay sharp. What are the best drivers doing, now that the show is over? That's right, they're still racing. Some are going bracket racing, some of the fuel guys will be roundy round racing in Oklahoma at the Chili Bowl (a really cool race btw)

Erica hasn't turned a tire in quite awhile. There's no shame in dropping down into the sportsman ranks to race. In fact it is the smart thing to do.

I don't have a problem with the way Erica dresses. I don't care what she writes in her blog. But if she wants to be taken seriously, at this point, she needs to shop less, and drive more.

Don't know what kind of friends she made coming up, but if she doesn't have something laying around, some of her fellow sportsman racers might be willing to help.

Raceway Park in Baytown has a decent bracket program as does San Antonio. To the north is Kennedale near Ft Worth. And down from there is Temple. In all there are around 15 Texas tracks that have decent bracket programs with tough tough racers. If she can go rounds at these tracks, Sunday in Pro Stock would be a breeze, if she had a good car.
Gary who says she hasn't been driving a race car. Is that a fact? If so, you make a good point. Those that say she is finished are wrong. I think she will be back strong. She has the talent and the backbone to come back.

texasnitro07
12-16-2007, 01:51 PM
I would serioulsy think that if she had been getting any seat time at all, she would have mentioned it in her blog or someone somewhere would have made note of it, like Jack Beckman has been doing this offseason, she can't just show back up at Pomona, if she had in fact any intention too at all and be worth a flip on the tree, she hasn't sat in a race car that we know off for fact in what now? 6-7 months? If she really wanted to do this someone would put her in something, whether it be a pro stocker, super comp or something, I think she really is more intrested in shopping and partying or flying with the Thunderbirds..( can't blame one for that though...that would be super cool.)

a/fool
12-16-2007, 04:19 PM
this thread has lasted longer than her career.

larrydavis427
12-16-2007, 07:46 PM
this thread has lasted longer than her career.
That's because she can be such an important part of drag racing. She may have the potential to be our first competitive Pro Stock woman. Look you can go out and put women into anyother drag racing professional division and they will be successful. But not so in Pro Stock. Why, because it is the toughest Pro division. Do you really think that Ashley Force could win in PS!!!!! The all around skills needed for PS far out distance the nitro cars. In nitro you get a good crew chief and have lots of money and you will qualify. Why do you think women can go into these divisions and be successful. Admittedly it is easier than the days of Grumpy, Dyno and Ronnie when you needed to tune and build your own car in most cases.

texasnitro07
12-16-2007, 08:45 PM
Way I see it is this, maybe she CAN win in pro stock, but the bottom line is that she HASN'T won in pro stock. leaving Cagnazzi was not a smart move, maybe a career ender for Enders. She has done nothing but leave question marks, can she or can't she? Will she or won't she? I honestly don't think a nice set of boobs is really all that important for a career as a drag racer.

jons 68
12-16-2007, 09:20 PM
I hope to see Erica back at the track soon. :)

luxexpress
12-17-2007, 09:56 AM
Greg Anderson has not gone out and started his own team. Jeggie and Dave Connally both drive for Cagnazzi, not for their own teams. Warren Johnson, Larry Morgan, and Allen Johnson have had their own teams for years, with limited success lately. Why the Enders' thought they could just go out and form a brand new team and compete with the way NHRA Pro Stock is now is beyond me. I guess I will give them some credit for trying, but you can see where it has gotten them and I think until they have a nice serving of humble pie and accept Pro Stock for the way it is, Erica will have a lot of free time for shopping. Too bad, since for a lot of people like me, she helped make an otherwise boring class somewhat interesting.

larrydavis427
12-17-2007, 04:06 PM
Greg Anderson has not gone out and started his own team. Jeggie and Dave Connally both drive for Cagnazzi, not for their own teams. Warren Johnson, Larry Morgan, and Allen Johnson have had their own teams for years, with limited success lately. Why the Enders' thought they could just go out and form a brand new team and compete with the way NHRA Pro Stock is now is beyond me. I guess I will give them some credit for trying, but you can see where it has gotten them and I think until they have a nice serving of humble pie and accept Pro Stock for the way it is, Erica will have a lot of free time for shopping. Too bad, since for a lot of people like me, she helped make an otherwise boring class somewhat interesting. She'll be racing by Gainesville full time.

a990
12-17-2007, 05:30 PM
She'll be racing by Gainesville full time.

On who's power? Morgan would be my guess.

Ron Burke
12-17-2007, 05:58 PM

Is the NHRA starting an adult junior dragster class?

ramcharger
12-17-2007, 08:17 PM

Only in your dreams. :rolleyes:

gary4205
12-18-2007, 12:13 AM
On who's power? Morgan would be my guess.

Naw, that move would make sense! :D

My take? I know I will make someone mad, but hooking up with David Nickens was a mistake. Nickens is a very good engine builder, and is one of the best sportsman engine builders. But, the guy doesn't get it done in Pro Stock.

The sad part is: Had Erica stayed at DSR, she might have benefitted by participating in the Roy Johnson program, and Johnson knows how to set a car up to win in Pro Stock.

If they have any money left, leasing an engine from Larry Morgan would be a smart thing.

As I've said though, she needs to hop herself over to the first bracket car she can get into. Raceway Park is trying to put on decent races. She can hop on I-10 down there and go west to San Antono Raceway. They have a killer deal.

If she wants to go north, there's Temple, of course. Scotty and Edmond raced there before they moved, as well as Lori Johns with her Nova. And of course, there's Kennedale, some of the best bracket racers go there.

Bottom line, she needs to be driving if she wants to contimue her career. There is no shame in dropping down a notch, if the goal is to get seat time in anticipation of racing in Pro Stock again.

I'm a baseball fan, so I'll equate this to a Major League player who gets sent back to the minors to recondition themselves. Sure, some stay in the bus leagues, but many end up going back to the show. And who knows, Erica might have to stay in the minors for a while, but at least she can still race. And here in this part of Texas, the tracks run all year long!

Erica, if you read these things, take my advice, go get some seat time! :eek:

topfuelphotos
12-19-2007, 07:32 PM
I did notice that but, I was under the impression that is what he does anyway. I also notice she is not wearing her pretty ring.
You noticed that to. He is not on her myspace page also. I think they split up.

shortywarn
12-24-2007, 11:34 PM
erica would be a-list if----ashley force didn't surface for a year or 2 more
right?>????

also---to me , it seems like they got big heads and wanted it all and thought it was all about driving------did they forget u need a good car, motor, team---

if she had stayed at cagnazzi--would we even be having this conversation----no because she would of finished top ten in points this year.

---she turned on cagnazzi, then schumacher, and where is she now?????

also who wants her now, with a force, that'd be like buying kmart soda instead of pepsi, right???

texasnitro07
12-25-2007, 12:19 PM
Erica is the typical little spoiled, Lori Johns type girl. She had a hell of a deal with Cagnazzi, left there, went with David Nickens (that worked out real well didn't it?) Erica is old news, she has been gone for so long now that I am guessing she has been forgotten about, and this is a what have you done for me lately sport, I can't see her coming back.

ramcharger
12-25-2007, 03:12 PM
Erica is the typical little spoiled, Lori Johns type girl. She had a hell of a deal with Cagnazzi, left there, went with David Nickens (that worked out real well didn't it?) Erica is old news, she has been gone for so long now that I am guessing she has been forgotten about, and this is a what have you done for me lately sport, I can't see her coming back.

There are two blogs on NHRA.com that I have NO idea why they are still there. One is Whit's since he's not going to race in 2008 according to him and TWO is EE since she's in the same boat (she hasn't stated so but I'll have to SEE her on the track to believe it) and hasn't raced in so long she's an afterthought.

BTW, welcome back Shorty!

shortywarn
12-25-2007, 11:41 PM

hit the nail on the head

she got to big for her britches

also gary--glad to be back thanx

larrydavis427
12-26-2007, 09:17 AM
I predict she will not only be back but will be drag racing biggest female star. I also predict that Ashley Force will not be driving a Funny in a few years.

Ron Burke
12-26-2007, 03:13 PM
I predict Larry will sit down too fast and break his neck.

gary4205
12-26-2007, 03:33 PM
I predict she will not only be back but will be drag racing biggest female star. I also predict that Ashley Force will not be driving a Funny in a few years.

Larry, the only way your prediction on Ashley comes true, is she becomes pregnant anytime soon.

As for Erica becoming the sport's biggest female star, there are a whole bunch of gals, both present, and past racers in front of her.

larrydavis427
12-26-2007, 03:59 PM
I admit I'm going out on a limb with Erica's prediction but I think she has the drive and talent. Ashley's prediction is rock solid. I think Daddy will pull or force her out of the car.

gary4205
12-26-2007, 04:42 PM
I admit I'm going out on a limb with Erica's prediction but I think she has the drive and talent. Ashley's prediction is rock solid. I think Daddy will pull or force her out of the car.

Erica does have some talent, so do tons of others who don't have Pro Stock rides. Erica's problem is she doesn't seem to have any brains to go with the talent. I hate to say this too, 'cause I have always pulled for the kid. But it's obvious she isn't too concerned about keeping her talent sharp.

Lot's of drivers, who have lost pro rides, kept going to the track. When Chrysler got PO'd over being effectively made uncompetitive in Pro Stock back in the early 70's, and pulled out, what did Ronnie Sox, Butch Leal and other stars do? They went sportsman racing. In more recent history what did Jeggie, or Rod Fuller do? They went sportsman, and bracket racing. Dave Connoly and Jeg both bracket race in their down time, to stay sharp. What does Erica do? She goes shopping! Gotta say, this is not the recipe for a great racer.

shortywarn
12-26-2007, 04:47 PM

wow, that never crossed my mind---but yeah a possibility,,,i thunk john is way more scared than her,,,,,about her racing

i think erica also like the party---tv--celebrity side that drag racing has given her-----i checked that blog once---it was all about parties, grand openings, etc etc.
i guess that could be good for drag racing in a sense with publicity and pr-

i feel though, this public eye part is detrimental to her being all about racing and being focused on racing and only racing

pregnancy of ashley--maybe that would happen like you said

but i think she truly loves racing, and will be around to carry the legacy for a while,,,she's always talking about carrying on the torch,,i bet sheat least 5-6 years minimum anyway

i wish a hot, poor girl would pop up----these two ashley and erica have enough money to not need drag racing and don't need to worry about careers---they both are set for life

we need someone who's lively hood depends on success and has that desire because they can't afford to fail or walk away----that girl i will watch

i really like hillary will. i wish she got more credit. she is definitely a r&d car and third string so, what could she really do???i think she's pretty good and with a few more dollars could do really well--how many races has she lost because of smoking the tires too???? of course is that the crew or her fault i guess could be debated

question???
what's the deal with will's sponsorship??? is kb footing the whole bill,,,no major sponsor,,,hasn't been and doesn't look likely,,,do they care

also with money getting less and less i bet she's next to lose a ride and disappear-----what do u think on that????

ps---funny thought----remember vandergriff putting rear view mirrors on his car--when hillary passed him on the inside in the shutdown area-------that was funny----i'm sitting here chuckling thinking about it:cool:

Bernie Eccelstone
12-26-2007, 04:48 PM
Erica who?:confused:

ramcharger
12-26-2007, 06:20 PM

Larry! Larry! Larry! The only Daddy who has pulled his daughter out of a car is EE's. Period! Finito! End of story! Until she (or he) tends to grace the asphalt with her a**fault, she's a non story. Geez... she's getting more press on this list that she gets from the news media.

As far as Force's daughter goes, when or if she decides to get pregnant and leave the NHRA scene is up to her and her future spouse. There are methods to be employed to avoid pregnancy and decisions between consenting adults about when or if they will have children. Some people decide to NEVER have kids or postpone them until later in life because of career motivation. Why don't you make the same argument about Melanie and TJ? Who's to say EE won't end up preggers long before she parks herself back in a car?

shortywarn
12-26-2007, 11:33 PM
Is the NHRA starting an adult junior dragster class?

i am on the floor laughing-----this whole thread has so much funny stuff----i have laughed so hard

also everyone talking about her blog-----we should send her a copy of this thread---that'll give her something to blog about---

i haven't laughed this hard in so long--it's great-----so many funny one liners and such

shortywarn
12-26-2007, 11:40 PM
Who's to say EE won't end up preggers long before she parks herself back in a car?

actually by some of the pics i've seen i thought she already was about 4 months pregnant!

ok, ok, i'll be nice---no personal attacks

Ohiomotoxer
12-27-2007, 08:10 AM
Sooooooooo, I take it none of you are going to buy into the "team owner" thing they offer?
http://www.endersracing.com/registry.aspx

Willy
12-27-2007, 08:21 AM
Sooooooooo, I take it none of you are going to buy into the "team owner" thing they offer?
http://www.endersracing.com/registry.aspx

Enron stock would offer a better ROI.........

SPIKE 06
12-27-2007, 12:04 PM
This thread is a classic. What kind....:D .... now that is open to debate!

gary4205
12-27-2007, 02:59 PM
Enron stock would offer a better ROI.........

You can say that again! :D

larrydavis427
12-27-2007, 04:16 PM
You guys will soon be eating your words. Erica will rise from the ashes. Now, Happy New Year to all.

gary4205
12-27-2007, 04:22 PM
You guys will soon be eating your words. Erica will rise from the ashes. Now, Happy New Year to all.

Larry, Erica is a done deal.

I predict the next big female star in Pro Stock will be Angie McBride. Pro Stock Motorcycle, that is: http://www.nhra.com/content/news/26066.htm

a/fool
12-27-2007, 07:28 PM
you guys please, let larry have the last word on this. we need this thread to fade away........just like erica.

Rowdy
12-27-2007, 08:04 PM
This thread has more views than any other recent thread except the Ford thread. You folks can trash Erica all you want but there are alot of people still interested in her or else why would they even look at this thread? I would guess it's something like watching the Jerry Springer show. It's all dysfunctional but some people just can't turn it off.:rolleyes:

shortywarn
12-27-2007, 10:25 PM
This thread has more views than any other recent thread except the Ford thread. You folks can trash Erica all you want but there are alot of people still interested in her or else why would they even look at this thread? I would guess it's something like watching the Jerry Springer show. It's all dysfunctional but some people just can't turn it off.:rolleyes:

because this thread is better than going to a comedy club

jessie harris---all hyp and no go????

i see her name all over lately

actually i forgot to mention

i recently retired, i bought erica stock, and it went throught the roof

i'm posting this from a beach in jamaicia as we speak

puff, puff, pass---larry, here, larry--take this! cough cough

larry i hope she does come back , but it don't look good

BOSS 429
12-28-2007, 12:09 AM
I Hope She Does Too,but, As We All Know She Didnt Have The Best Car,or The Most Power.............

-r

gary4205
12-28-2007, 12:44 AM

You got that right! I'm actually someone who has supported her, but her recent antics have kind of tempered that support. Can't someone in the Houston area spare a friggin' door car to plant her in until they get a new sponsor?

ramcharger
12-28-2007, 09:51 AM
You got that right! I'm actually someone who has supported her, but her recent antics have kind of tempered that support. Can't someone in the Houston area spare a friggin' door car to plant her in until they get a new sponsor?

Nobody will because they'd just find it parked at the mall. :rolleyes:

a/fool
12-28-2007, 11:06 AM

well actually i can't decide which is better, Larry and his dreams, or Erica and her shopping, clubing, ect.
i have a hard time believing Larry is for real though. I think i'm gonna start a thread about how Whit is actually team player, and how he will be back in 2008.

Willy
12-28-2007, 11:33 AM
This thread is the only aspect of her racing career that isn't dead.

shortywarn
12-28-2007, 01:10 PM
Nobody will because they'd just find it parked at the mall. :rolleyes:

ramcharger----you rock!!!!!!!!!!1

u made my day with that----i'm cracking up here

oh this thread gets better everyday

i swear i'm still laughing 2 minute later

----i guess it doesn't take much to entertain some people----for instance me, but thank you all for this thread

this has been great for all "us" simpletons!!!!

shortywarn
12-28-2007, 01:16 PM
well actually i can't decide which is better, Larry and his dreams, or Erica and her shopping, clubing, ect.
i have a hard time believing Larry is for real though. I think i'm gonna start a thread about how Whit is actually team player, and how he will be back in 2008.

well if we're throwing NitWhit in here---
personally i hate him----not sure exactly why----oh yeah he's an arrogant, all about me, jerk o-- i 'll leave it at that

the best was someone scribbling that mustache on the back of his trailer-----i'll never, ever forget that----that also had me rolling--go figure
i can picture it in my head now-----it couldn't have happened to a nicer person

he can go ride bicycles all day long forever for all i care

i wish i could embed that picture

ramcharger
12-28-2007, 08:10 PM
well if we're throwing NitWhit in here---
personally i hate him----not sure exactly why----oh yeah he's an arrogant, all about me, jerk o-- i 'll leave it at that

the best was someone scribbling that mustache on the back of his trailer-----i'll never, ever forget that----that also had me rolling--go figure
i can picture it in my head now-----it couldn't have happened to a nicer person

he can go ride bicycles all day long forever for all i care

i wish i could embed that picture

Whoa there hoss! At least Whit was SERIOUS about HIS racing which is more than can be said for the subject of this endless thread. I ain't no fan of his either but I gotta give him credit where credit is due.

shortywarn
12-28-2007, 09:44 PM
Whoa there hoss! At least Whit was SERIOUS about HIS racing which is more than can be said for the subject of this endless thread. I ain't no fan of his either but I gotta give him credit where credit is due.

hey, that guy irks me, someone mentioned his name and took the bait.

the only thing was the yellow purple and CAMEL car was awesome---i started out smoking camels--so naturally----and #23 jimmy spencer camel car

also i loved collecting the old joe camel ads--they were awesome--
i strill have about 2000 camel cash in a ziploc bag--man the days of $2.25 a pack smokes

in fact i'm using a joe camel mug now gulping down mt dew---it's the playing pool scene cup

also check out these artist spoofs on camel ads they're funny

shortywarn
12-29-2007, 05:53 AM

hey, that guy irks me, someone mentioned his name and took the bait.

the only thing was the yellow purple and CAMEL car was awesome---i started out smoking camels--so naturally----and #23 jimmy spencer camel car

also i loved collecting the old joe camel ads--they were awesome--
i strill have about 2000 camel cash in a ziploc bag--man the days of $2.25 a pack smokes

in fact i'm using a joe camel mug now gulping down mt dew---it's the playing pool scene cup

larrydavis427
03-27-2008, 07:48 AM
ERICA IS BACK! Happy Days!! Just announced she will be driving for Masters Formula Extreme Polishes, Waxes etc. She will be driving a Alan Johnson Stratus Dodge!! :)

Bob Larsen
03-27-2008, 08:50 AM
Going to have to set up a buffet table for all the crow eaters :eek:

Ron Burke
03-27-2008, 10:17 AM
As far as I can tell from reading the usual BS PR release she will only be racing with some of their money if and only if she increases sales enough to get a percentage of the gain. In other words more sales and profits first, racing funding later if the selling works out.

If I was Larry Morgan I'd insist on payment first before I'd supply anything.

fuelfan
03-27-2008, 10:54 AM
If I was Larry Morgan I'd insist on payment first before I'd supply anything.

That would be Allen Johnson wouldn't it?

techrat_77
03-27-2008, 11:20 AM
ERICA IS BACK! Happy Days!! Just announced she will be driving for Masters Formula Extreme Polishes, Waxes etc. She will be driving a Alan Johnson Stratus Dodge!! :)

Larry, I'm disappointed that it took you so long to post this!! :D

ramcharger
03-27-2008, 11:36 AM
Going to have to set up a buffet table for all the crow eaters :eek:

A PR statement does not make her a returning racer. Since she's not shown her double wide butt on the track yet, I'll reserve further comment until she pulls to the starting line in an actual Pro Stock car.

Pat McGill
03-27-2008, 11:38 AM
The lack of mention of a chassis builder or crew chief is interesting.

Ron Burke
03-27-2008, 12:33 PM
That would be Allen Johnson wouldn't it?

You are correct. Either way no cash, no motor.

a990
03-27-2008, 12:40 PM
Since she's not shown her double wide butt on the track yet, I'll reserve further comment until she pulls to the starting line in an actual Pro Stock car.

That is probably a good idea, judging from the last one.

shaky dave
03-27-2008, 01:47 PM
A PR statement does not make her a returning racer. Since she's not shown her double wide butt on the track yet, I'll reserve further comment until she pulls to the starting line in an actual Pro Stock car.
Double wide butt!Thats some funny stuff right there

gary4205
03-27-2008, 02:10 PM
Erica has basically become a distributor for this product, and will use "profits" from sales to "sponsor" her car. This is nothing new. All she will be doing is use her race car to sell her product.

On the other hand, maybe the smartest move she could have made, was to hook up with the Johnsons. Alan and Roy know what they are doing. If she hasn't let her driving go to pot, then she could give some people some problems!

Moontank
03-27-2008, 02:13 PM
ERICA IS BACK! Happy Days!!

More like, "Hype-ey days."

NotJamesBoos
03-27-2008, 02:19 PM
Sellin' product for sponsorship, isn't this how the energy drinks were startin' in drag racing? Nothin' new.

ruserious
03-27-2008, 03:10 PM
These barter or product diversion sponsorships are extremely hard to manage and control. Enders and ”their team of business and marketing professionals” will get a quick education. Do the math…she will have to sell 15 to 20 truck loads of product [minimum] to get enough hard cash to compete. Unless they can dump truck loads of product at some big box outlets [BJ’s, Costco or Menards] racing as she knows it will never happen.

larrydavis427
03-27-2008, 03:15 PM
I'm sure what's on everyones mind is, can she still win the Pro Stock championship this year??:D But seriously it would be nice to see her qualifing. She still might become the first female, this year, to win a PS event in history.

gary4205
03-27-2008, 03:18 PM
These barter or product diversion sponsorships are extremely hard to manage and control. Enders and ”their team of business and marketing professionals” will get a quick education. Do the math…she will have to sell 15 to 20 truck loads of product [minimum] to get enough hard cash to compete. Unless they can dump truck loads of product at some big box outlets [BJ’s, Costco or Menards] racing as she knows it will never happen.

My thought on this marketing plan: Amway!

ramcharger
03-27-2008, 03:23 PM
I'm sure what's on everyones mind is, can she still win the Pro Stock championship this year??:D But seriously it would be nice to see her qualifing. She still might become the first female, this year, to win a PS event in history.

Larry...the first thing she has to do is get her butt to a race where she MIGHT qualify or MIGHT NOT. As of this moment she's a paper racer. Like someone mentioned earlier who's the chassis builder? Who's the crew chief? I'll believe she's back when I see it. Until then....

ruserious
03-27-2008, 03:26 PM
My thought on this marketing plan: Amway!

You mention racing / race team / sponsorship in Amway headquarters and you will be escorted to the exit...been there done that.

gary4205
03-27-2008, 03:38 PM
You mention racing / race team / sponsorship in Amway headquarters and you will be escorted to the exit...been there done that.

ROFLMAO! :D :D :D

ruserious
03-27-2008, 04:52 PM
ROFLMAO! :D :D :D

I hope you didn't do that in your pants

fuelfan
03-27-2008, 05:09 PM
Erica has basically become a distributor for this product, and will use "profits" from sales to "sponsor" her car. This is nothing new. All she will be doing is use her race car to sell her product.

On the other hand, maybe the smartest move she could have made, was to hook up with the Johnsons. Alan and Roy know what they are doing. If she hasn't let her driving go to pot, then she could give some people some problems!

I wonder if she'll drive Richie Stevens' car from last year?

Roy White
03-27-2008, 05:21 PM
I wonder if she'll drive Richie Stevens' car from last year?

What happened to the new Stratus she had last year?

Bernie Eccelstone
03-27-2008, 08:25 PM
who's this erica person? :confused:

RFB
03-28-2008, 04:17 AM
The NHRA web site calls her the worlds fastest female pro stock racer, but I don't know of any other female pro stock racers so this is a cinch!

She may add something, if nothing else, some comic relief!

Willy
03-28-2008, 04:57 AM
I was going to stay out of this one until I read the press release.

http://www.nhra.com/content/news/27671.htm

VP of Marketing? "What are her qualifications for that position?", I'm wondering.
Oh, it's right there in the last paragraph. She learned all that "marketing stuff" at Texas A&M! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

James Maxwell
03-28-2008, 08:23 AM
If she were to do a bikini shoot with the racecar, applying the polish products in different positions, you guys would be falling all over yourselves drooling over the images.

Come on now, admit it already...

Epping
03-28-2008, 08:25 AM
I think I like EE she has refused to go away. You have to give her her due, she no longer has Geiger shilling for at the NHRA and she is still getting face time. No matter how goofy the idea is (it worked for AMWAY)

Epping
03-28-2008, 08:28 AM
I forgot to ask, what ever happened to AMWAY. I have hit the Gary search engine but is a little slow this morning. HAHA

ramcharger
03-28-2008, 04:57 PM
What happened to the new Stratus she had last year?

It was probably reposessed for lack of use. Either that or it was a figment of her fertile imagination.

Nitro1102
03-28-2008, 11:09 PM
If memory serves me correctly, Amway used to support an Indy Car team years ago and seemed to dabble in the ARCA circuit (as Amway) is headquartered in Johnny Benson's backyard (the greater Grand Rapids, MI area). The DeVos/VanAndel family have plenty of $$$$$$.

A pictorial of Erica leaning over the front end of a Pro Stocker wouldn't be bad to view---sell some calendars as well to support the racing operation--diversification.

larrydavis427
03-29-2008, 08:26 AM
Can't call her a quiter. I give her credit, admittedly blowing opportunities after her 1 year of fame. Hope she back at Maple Grove, the kids I brought to the Friday nite session loved her.

Donn2390
03-29-2008, 08:40 AM
If she were to do a bikini shoot with the racecar, applying the polish products in different positions, you guys would be falling all over yourselves drooling over the images.

Come on now, admit it already...

I would rather see WJ in a bikini aplying wax than EE. Anyone who thinks she is "HOT", has no taste in women.
Maybe that's why they make different flavors of ice cream, everyone has different taste..!

James Maxwell
03-29-2008, 09:30 AM
I never stated she floated by boat, simply pointed out that she would certainly have a following.

You're quite the W/J buff however, some things are really better left private IMO.

Tom Joseph
03-29-2008, 09:43 AM
I forgot to ask, what ever happened to AMWAY. I have hit the Gary search engine but is a little slow this morning. HAHA
I have some news...Amway owns US 131 Dragway in Martin Mi. How about them apples..now you love Amway although it's a rip for trailer dwellers. As for Erica,this post is about her, who cares? Maybe she'll be the next Hannna Montana because she's so close to Disney. She's over.

HEMI_guy
03-29-2008, 09:54 AM
I have some news...Amway owns US 131 Dragway in Martin Mi. How about them apples..now you love Amway although it's a rip for trailer dwellers. As for Erica,this post is about her, who cares? Maybe she'll be the next Hannna Montana because she's so close to Disney. She's over.

I didn't see where anybody here made any negative comments about Amway as you seemd to imply they did.

larrydavis427
03-29-2008, 10:27 AM
Erica hasn't had the easy road like Ashley Force. And guess what, she is a better driver.

Donn2390
03-29-2008, 11:14 AM
Erica hasn't had the easy road like Ashley Force. And guess what, she is a better driver.

No one is buying what you're selling.

clwill
03-29-2008, 11:40 AM

Other than the fact that you're talking apples (P/S) vs. oranges (F/C), I'd like to understand why you think that. Seriously. What evidence is there to back up this? Not poking at you -- really, I would be interested to see how you are judging the "better" driver.

gary4205
03-29-2008, 01:30 PM

Larry, please explain "easy road".

Ashley paid her dues in the sportsman ranks. She raced Super Comp, as well as an A/FD

She has won the U S Nationals in her A/FD, as well as the Division 4 TAD championship in 2004.

Erica didn't exactly have to struggle. With the notoriety she received after the Disney movie was made, she was able to step up to PS. But the fact is, she blew it! To many less than brilliant moves.

I hope she is able to return, as the more, the merrier. But to compare her to Ashley Force makes no sense.

SundayNiagara
03-29-2008, 01:38 PM

Ashley paid her dues in the sportsman ranks. She raced Super Comp, as well as an A/FD

She has won the U S Nationals in her A/FD, as well as the Division 4 TAD championship in 2004.

Erica didn't exactly have to struggle. With the notoriety she received after the Disney movie was made, she was able to step up to PS. But the fact is, she blew it! To many less than brilliant moves.

I hope she is able to return, as the more, the merrier. But to compare her to Ashley Force makes no sense.

Once again, I am in complete agreement.

Epping
03-29-2008, 01:59 PM

Tom my question was refering to Amway products, are they still sold? I could care less if you live in a trailer park.

gary4205
03-29-2008, 02:00 PM
Once again, I am in complete agreement.

The moon will indeed be blue tonight! :)

Epping
03-29-2008, 02:07 PM
The moon will indeed be blue tonight! :)

I am sorry but is this Bazarro World ?

Drew
03-29-2008, 02:27 PM

As much as it pains me to say it, I have to agree with Larry for once. Of the three classes Ashley has competed in, Super Comp takes the most talent to win in and she did n.o.t.h.i.n.g in that car....Erica actually went rounds and won races in the .90 cars.

gary4205
03-29-2008, 02:33 PM
I am sorry but is this Bazarro World ?

More of an inside joke!

You see, Sunday and I vehemently disagree about many things, except drag racing. On that we are generally in full agreement. (drag racing being a uniter, not a divider!)

gary4205
03-29-2008, 02:38 PM
As much as it pains me to say it, I have to agree with Larry for once. Of the three classes Ashley has competed in, Super Comp takes the most talent to win in and she did n.o.t.h.i.n.g in that car....Erica actually went rounds and won races in the .90 cars.

Since when did winning a national event mean "nothing"? Let alone Indy.

And it's not like one phones in a Division 4 Championship.

The point is not that Erica won some rounds in a .90 car, which is an accomplishment. The point is Ashley didn't just "show up". She may not be the winningest racer ever, but she's ****ed sure proved she belongs! (no free ride there)

Drew
03-29-2008, 04:44 PM
Since when did winning a national event mean "nothing"? Let alone Indy.

And it's not like one phones in a Division 4 Championship.

The point is not that Erica won some rounds in a .90 car, which is an accomplishment. The point is Ashley didn't just "show up". She may not be the winningest racer ever, but she's ****ed sure proved she belongs! (no free ride there)

As usual Gary, you completely miss the point. Ashley won Indy and a division championship in the easiest stab-and-steer type of car in the sport...and when you're in one of the 2-3 best cars in the entire country it'll tend to make anyone look good. Fact of the matter is in the class she competed in that takes DRIVER talent...not cubic dollars or crew chief talent...she showed she had none.

larrydavis427
03-29-2008, 05:42 PM
When Erica was in the Slammers car she was quite competitive. Her lights were usually good, more than I can say for Ashley. Saying Ashley had the easier road than Erica I meant with John behind Ashley she didn't have to worry about a sponsor and she was automaticly given one of greatest nitro teams in racing. She should be winning races!!

a990
03-29-2008, 07:53 PM

Better yet Larry, Please explain how "easy" even fits here seeing that her father is John Force. Wouldn't that make the whole process a lot harder?

Blown & Injected
03-29-2008, 07:59 PM
As usual Gary, you completely miss the point. Ashley won Indy and a division championship in the easiest stab-and-steer type of car in the sport...and when you're in one of the 2-3 best cars in the entire country it'll tend to make anyone look good. Fact of the matter is in the class she competed in that takes DRIVER talent...not cubic dollars or crew chief talent...she showed she had none.

Oh God... here we go again.

If it were SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO easy, why aren't you doing it? Why aren't you out there winning every event you entered?

Geez, if I hear the "it's so easy so & so should be winning this & that" I am gonna puke all over my monitor...

gary4205
03-29-2008, 08:32 PM

I'm sorry. I forgot it takes no talent whatsoever to drive a 250 mph race car, or for that matter a 325 mph one! :rolleyes:

You seem to miss MY point. Winning Indy is no small feat. And Division 4 attracts many of the best cars in TAD.

Going 6-7 rounds in a .90 car is a tough task, as is winning any bracket race. But there are many excellent drivers who have not won all that much in the sportsman classes. Other than running the number, and not breaking out, what could be more "stab and steer" than a Super Comp digger? But, even those things take a lot of skill to drive. (and by drive, I mean not hit stuff)

And as for Ashley, a Funny Car isn't exactly "stab and steer". Her record in F/C compares very favorable to EE's record in Pro Stock, where hitting the shift points is generally your biggest worry. Unlike F/C, where you are fighting to keep the thing in the groove most runs, and where failure to do so, can be catastrophic!

The REAL point is this, whether it's one of those front drive 4 cylinder stockers, or Top Fuel, some skill is required. If this stuff was easy, everyone would be doing it, and no one would pay to see it done!

As it is, there are only a couple of hundred men and women that can really drive pro classed cars and motorcycles (out of 300 million in the US) Millions pay upwards of $100 to sit and watch this stuff in person, with more watching on TV.

My pick on EE has nothing to do with her driving, other than the fact, that if she was really motivated, she would have found herself a ride in a bracket car to stay sharp. She's been out of the seat for a long time, something that would hurt the BEST of drivers, and while she is good, she's not in the "best" category.

clwill
03-29-2008, 08:36 PM
If it were SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO easy, why aren't you doing it? Why aren't you out there winning every event you entered?

Geez, if I hear the "it's so easy so & so should be winning this & that" I am gonna puke all over my monitor...

Really -- OK, everyone here who has won a national event in any of the four pro categories, raise your hand. (Heck, I'd even settle for everyone with an active NHRA competition license, but that's another thread...)

The rest have precious little right to use the words "easy" and "win" in the same sentence. :rolleyes:

gary4205
03-29-2008, 08:42 PM
When Erica was in the Slammers car she was quite competitive. Her lights were usually good, more than I can say for Ashley. Saying Ashley had the easier road than Erica I meant with John behind Ashley she didn't have to worry about a sponsor and she was automaticly given one of greatest nitro teams in racing. She should be winning races!!

Well, the same could be said for EE. You think she got the Cagnazzi ride on looks, or because she was a girl? (well maybe) She had a big fan following from her movie, and was able to capitalize on it. That's how it should be. That's partly why they got involved with the movie to start with!

On the other hand, do you think John would have "given" Ashley a ride in F/C. had she not proven herself capable? You forget, Force isn't one of those unbelievably rich guys who made their money elsewhere, and then helped their kids out. He was as dirt poor as it gets, and made all of his money in the sport.

Nothing wrong with either way, as I see it. You can't help who your parents are, and if you are lucky enough to be born well off, and want to race, and are good at it, so be it! All the money in the world can't help you if you can't drive.

If there wasn't a sponsor for Ashley, she wouldn't be in the car. Her last name helped with that, but I think she's proven she belongs!

And honestly, from a driving standpoint, so has EE. It's the off track stuff that has hurt her.

Tom Joseph
03-30-2008, 10:25 AM
Tom my question was refering to Amway products, are they still sold? I could care less if you live in a trailer park.
They are because they had a convention here in SC and are a Canadian Company so they can get around some of the USA "piramid" law. I never said there were negative comments made but if you've been around a while you'd know that the general vision of Amway is negative because people that can't afford to get dragged into the deal and lose their money but some make money for dragging them in and the fact that the owner of Amway bought and spent millions on US 131 makes him a good guy...get it now? Hemi?Was at US 131 2 years ago, excellent facility but too far to go for me. What's wrong with a trailer park? As for Ashly Force..her dad has money...Ericas wants money. Erica had a great opportunity and blew it, when you are given a car that qualifies 1,2 or 3 and go out first or second round consistently...you suck. Hello Dave but Knoll owns that car and you know that tale.

clwill
03-30-2008, 10:58 AM
They are because they had a convention here in SC and are a Canadian Company so they can get around some of the USA "piramid" law.

Umm, excuse me. From Amway's web site:

Amway's world headquarters in Ada, Michigan, USA...

Always has been a Michigan company, hence the US131 sponsorship.

Tom Joseph
03-30-2008, 11:18 AM
Umm, excuse me. From Amway's web site:

Amway's world headquarters in Ada, Michigan, USA...

Always has been a Michigan company, hence the US131 sponsorship.
That is so but according to a 60 Minutes show a few years back they are Canadian owned which makes no difference to me because I have no connection to them..maybe they'll sponsor Erica!

clwill
03-30-2008, 11:27 AM
That is so but according to a 60 Minutes show a few years back they are Canadian owned which makes no difference to me because I have no connection to them..maybe they'll sponsor Erica!

The parent company may be Canadian, but they are a flag-waving American company, and their "about us" page waves the flag quite vigorously. Doesn't look like much shelter from any US pyramid laws to be found there...

CH3NO2_fan
03-30-2008, 10:34 PM
I have some news...Amway owns US 131 Dragway in Martin Mi.
Can you provide a link, please?

S/C Racer
03-31-2008, 12:37 PM
Brand new to these boards but had to get in on the Erica chat!

I raced against Erica from when she was first starting out in the .90 classes. I have talked with her father Greg on numerous occasions and in my opinion Erica's career is about a business for Greg. He wants to have a racing business and he knows that his best opportunity for this is by marketing his daughters to would be sponsors so that they can make money racing. Women are highly marketable in racing right now, but you have to have one capable of winning eventually!

Erica has always had the best eguipment and crew to help her achieve victory starting in junior's. Her eguipment was so good that all she had to do was be fairly on time on the tree and the car would run the number. No driving of the finish line was necessary.

In the Super Classes same story, She had the best equipment money could buy set up by others to run the number. She had no input on how to set the car up, she was just the driver. She was never allowed to race the finish line in the first couple of years. After a few years of racing .90's I think she was finally allowed to lift if she was at least a car length in front of the other driver at the finsh line. This is a driver who didn't even put her own helmet on she was so pampered. David "her personal bodyguard/ mechanic/ transport driver" would put it on and do the chin strap. She was instructed to just cut a light and run it out the back door. She was fair at best on the tree and to the best of my knowledge only won one race in a .90 car and that was a National in Houston in her gas car. A National is a big deal but you know what they say about blind squirrels!

Anyway same story in Pro Stock, she had the best equipment and should have won at least a couple of races! Especially with Cagnassi! She just can't do everything necessary to make a winning run when it counts. Most of her losses are because she has a .050 something average on reaction times and that just won't cut it. And when she did cut a good light it took so much attention to do it that she would miss shift points and and car performance would fall off. Of corse this is just my opinion from observations made.

Greg is a highly driven business man and winning is the only option that is why it is so hard for him to work in conjuntion with other team owners. He is a guy who makes you feel uncomfortable a lot of times when your around him. He gives off the atmosphere that everybody is inferior to him and he is just putting up with talking and dealing with you. He has a way he sees things needing to be done and can hardly stand to sit back and do things someone elses way. He is a very successful business man and has his own formula for success. I just don't know if he can take his formula for business and apply it to Erica because eventually you have to win races to keep Corporate America backing you in the business world.

Bottom line is Erica is caught in a tough situation. She is a likeable person who could probably be succesful in business following her Dad's formula. But racing a Pro Stock car takes alot more than the best parts and crew. You have to be able to drive it and she just seems to be average at best and average lets you spend your own money but not someone elses usually! Eventually winning has to be accomplished or people get tired of backing a loser. Sounds harsh but racing is harsh, there's only one winner and a whole bunch of losers!

S/C Racer

clwill
03-31-2008, 01:40 PM
Can you provide a link, please?

Hmmm... it's called the "Knoll-Gas Motorsports Park" (see the home page here (http://www.us131motorsportspark.com/index2.asp)). Sure that may be a sponsorship, but somehow this doesn't seem like an Amway venture to me...

ramcharger
03-31-2008, 02:43 PM

I raced against Erica from when she was first starting out in the .90 classes. I have talked with her father Greg on numerous occasions and in my opinion Erica's career is about a business for Greg. He wants to have a racing business and he knows that his best opportunity for this is by marketing his daughters to would be sponsors so that they can make money racing. Women are highly marketable in racing right now, but you have to have one capable of winning eventually!

Erica has always had the best eguipment and crew to help her achieve victory starting in junior's. Her eguipment was so good that all she had to do was be fairly on time on the tree and the car would run the number. No driving of the finish line was necessary.

In the Super Classes same story, She had the best equipment money could buy set up by others to run the number. She had no input on how to set the car up, she was just the driver. She was never allowed to race the finish line in the first couple of years. After a few years of racing .90's I think she was finally allowed to lift if she was at least a car length in front of the other driver at the finsh line. This is a driver who didn't even put her own helmet on she was so pampered. David "her personal bodyguard/ mechanic/ transport driver" would put it on and do the chin strap. She was instructed to just cut a light and run it out the back door. She was fair at best on the tree and to the best of my knowledge only won one race in a .90 car and that was a National in Houston in her gas car. A National is a big deal but you know what they say about blind squirrels!

Anyway same story in Pro Stock, she had the best equipment and should have won at least a couple of races! Especially with Cagnassi! She just can't do everything necessary to make a winning run when it counts. Most of her losses are because she has a .050 something average on reaction times and that just won't cut it. And when she did cut a good light it took so much attention to do it that she would miss shift points and and car performance would fall off. Of corse this is just my opinion from observations made.

Greg is a highly driven business man and winning is the only option that is why it is so hard for him to work in conjuntion with other team owners. He is a guy who makes you feel uncomfortable a lot of times when your around him. He gives off the atmosphere that everybody is inferior to him and he is just putting up with talking and dealing with you. He has a way he sees things needing to be done and can hardly stand to sit back and do things someone elses way. He is a very successful business man and has his own formula for success. I just don't know if he can take his formula for business and apply it to Erica because eventually you have to win races to keep Corporate America backing you in the business world.

Bottom line is Erica is caught in a tough situation. She is a likeable person who could probably be succesful in business following her Dad's formula. But racing a Pro Stock car takes alot more than the best parts and crew. You have to be able to drive it and she just seems to be average at best and average lets you spend your own money but not someone elses usually! Eventually winning has to be accomplished or people get tired of backing a loser. Sounds harsh but racing is harsh, there's only one winner and a whole bunch of losers!

S/C Racer

Makes sense. Never figured out, if Greg has so much money, why he doesn't sponsor her until she proves she can win in Pro Stock. Maybe he realizes they don't build race tracks inside the mall.

Welcome aboard! Hope you brought your fire suit along :D You might need it on occasion.

Epping
03-31-2008, 05:24 PM

S/C Racer

Thank you for the input and welcome. A word of advice stay away from the Global Warming thread.

Willy
03-31-2008, 05:42 PM
A word of advice stay away from the Global Warming thread.

Which one? ;)

And welcome S/C Racer....