CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2012
Banned

Question NHRA Safety.

With the explosions of Lesenko's car in both qualifying and eliminations should NHRA take farther steps to protect the fans?? During qualifying the body of his car flew high in the air landing in front of restrooms near the end of the racing area. Thankfully no one was injured. Had the crowd been large, if not for the reschedule and weather people would likely have been standing in this area. This could have resulted in deaths. Additionally during eliminations the explosion sent parts flying into Beckman's lane. Should this danger to Beckman be disqualification to Lensenko??? Shouldn't you be responsible for keeping all of your car out of the other racers lane.
Old 09-13-2012

Life is dangerous. You better just stay home in your bomb shelter where it's safe.....

All you want to do is bash people on here. Get a life and realise Nitro cars are 75% of the show and without them Pro Stock would not have a place to race at!!!!!
Old 09-13-2012

his buddys turned on him at another board so larry troll(ing) here again.
Old 09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydavis427 View Post
With the explosions of Lesenko's car in both qualifying and eliminations should NHRA take farther steps to protect the fans?? During qualifying the body of his car flew high in the air landing in front of restrooms near the end of the racing area. Thankfully no one was injured. Had the crowd been large, if not for the reschedule and weather people would likely have been standing in this area. This could have resulted in deaths. Additionally during eliminations the explosion sent parts flying into Beckman's lane. Should this danger to Beckman be disqualification to Lensenko??? Shouldn't you be responsible for keeping all of your car out of the other racers lane.
This is just another Larry stir the pot Nitro thread. Stick to the Pro Stock filler class you know something about.
Old 09-13-2012

Every fan shall be given one of these upon entrance:

Old 09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Minick View Post

Hey Mike, how did you get a picture of our 2013 crew uniforms?
Old 09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Minick View Post

ROFLMAO!!!

Better add football pads and helmet under the suit..
Old 09-13-2012

He actually has a point. When I saw the video, I was saying "good thing there was no one standing down there." In my opinion, this is a serious thing to look at. NHRA dodged a bullet that day. This isn't a laughing matter. I don't think there is much that can be done, but something needs to be looked at. These same people making fun of the issue, will be the same ones blasting NHRA when a body ends up in the crowd.
Old 09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrofan1 View Post
He actually has a point. When I saw the video, I was saying "good thing there was no one standing down there." In my opinion, this is a serious thing to look at. NHRA dodged a bullet that day. This isn't a laughing matter. I don't think there is much that can be done, but something needs to be looked at. These same people making fun of the issue, will be the same ones blasting NHRA when a body ends up in the crowd.
May be you and Larry just need to stay home. Don't sit in the front row at a Basketball game or anywhere at a Baseball game or Hockey match.
Old 09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrofan1 View Post
If you want to make this like NASCAR where the fans aren't allowed anywhere except the stands where it is "safe", than be my guest. See what that does for attendance. At some point, the fans have to take resposibility for the assumed risk of being close to the racing action. I know "responsibility" is a big word for today's society, but if you can't accept it, stay home and live in your bath tub.

Tags
crazy talk, tethers