CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2011

my new years resolution:IGNORE CHICKEN LITTLE(larry).really bro,its gettin old and the sky is not falling
Old 01-01-2011
Banned

Smile Keep The Dialogue Open!!

I'm glad I got your attention guys. But name calling doesn't work with me. The oildown situation needs fixing and let's hope this nitro problem is fixed or improved. Get you heads out of the sand. This post should stay open with dialogue until NHRA and nitro make the necessary changes. Thirty Two oilers should not ruin a race for the fans and the other 500 racers.
Old 01-01-2011

Back it up with some facts, and legitimate numbers and we will be on your side. Until then you and vette racer will just be never taken seriously. And for the last time will you answer one direct question. If Pro Stock is the king class, why do they end the night with NITRO cars?
Old 01-01-2011

Seriously guys, as long as you keep supporting these kinds of dialogue, it won't stop. You are doing exactly what is expected of you. Negative attention is better than no attention at all.
Old 01-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragzilla View Post
\Until then you and vette racer will just be never taken seriously.
I could care less if you take me seriously.
Old 01-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragzilla View Post
Until then you and vette racer will just be never taken seriously.
Well, I take Larry seriously myself. By that, I believe he's serious when he believes that any form of drag racing that doesn't involve Pro Stock, and to a lesser degree, Sportsman, is a waste of everyone's time. That, of course, is ridiculous but it's his two cents....he's free to turn off the television or leave the track whenever his favorite class has finished up.

To completely eliminate nitro oildowns, you either ban the classes entirely or design a fuel engine capable of running with no oil. Be my guest. Demanding NHRA do this and that is pointless conversation.

As for Vette Racer, I take him seriously too, although not for the same reasons. He's a friend whom I admire and respect. A savvy old-time racer who is interesting and worth listening to. That's just me, maybe, but it is what it is.
Old 01-01-2011
Banned

Default We'll Be Watching!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twostep View Post
Well, I take Larry seriously myself. By that, I believe he's serious when he believes that any form of drag racing that doesn't involve Pro Stock, and to a lesser degree, Sportsman, is a waste of everyone's time. That, of course, is ridiculous but it's his two cents....he's free to turn off the television or leave the track whenever his favorite class has finished up.

To completely eliminate nitro oildowns, you either ban the classes entirely or design a fuel engine capable of running with no oil. Be my guest. Demanding NHRA do this and that is pointless conversation.

As for Vette Racer, I take him seriously too, although not for the same reasons. He's a friend whom I admire and respect. A savvy old-time racer who is interesting and worth listening to. That's just me, maybe, but it is what it is.
Many of the solutions for oil clean up and reducing the explosions have been discussed. The fix to this major problem is a possibility. NHRA will eventually make necessary changes to fix it or will watch professional drag racing fade into oblivion. Anyone who set in the stands at the events that turned into a delayed mess know this problem must be solved. Many drag racing fans and racers will be watching the events this coming year to see if any improvement has been made.
Old 01-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydavis427 View Post
Many of the solutions for oil clean up and reducing the explosions have been discussed. The fix to this major problem is a possibility. NHRA will eventually make necessary changes to fix it or will watch professional drag racing fade into oblivion. Anyone who set in the stands at the events that turned into a delayed mess know this problem must be solved. Many drag racing fans and racers will be watching the events this coming year to see if any improvement has been made.
Oblivion? Best thing the NHRA could is just get rid of pro stock and have promod replace them, at least the promod cars are interesting to watch. I am sure the issue will be addresses by the powers to be at NHRA, but no matter what is done you will still whine and cry about it. There was one race that the oil downs was a major problem, one race out of 23 and you act like it is a every day occurrence at the track. If you hate fuel cars that much and love door cars in general, go to the adrl and stay on that board on here.
Old 01-01-2011
Super Moderator

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydavis427 View Post
Many drag racing fans and racers will be watching the events this coming year to see if any improvement has been made.
Partially true, indeed "Many drag racing fans and racers will be watching the events this coming year ..."
Old 01-01-2011

Here's a different approach. And if you challenge this point of view, Larry, then the whole board will know you're simply here to argue, which is what most people believe anyway.

Drag racing hands you a lemon? Turn it into lemonade. I attended the Dallas event on Friday; it was 95 degrees and the track temp was 149. There were plenty of long oildowns that afternoon, although not nearly the number Vegas had. I'm sure the offenders and the track personnel weren't thrilled to death, but you know what I did during the last one that took an hour to clean up?

I took that hour, freshened up, grabbed a sandwich and - guess what - spent the remaining downtime in the shade visiting with a low-buck Pro Stock team who sadly had terminally damaged their only engine. I ran into Karen Stouffer and visited with her a few minutes. I caught Melanie Troxel in a rare moment of relaxation and she was graceful enough to give me a bit of her time. Now, doesn't all that sound pleasant enough to you?

Are your legs broke? You can walk around and do the same thing, you know. Go over there and hob-knob with your Pro Stock pals. Take a walk through Manufacturer's Row; you'll find it PS/Sportsman friendly and really interesting. And if you're really not into fuel racing, stay pitside until it's over, then go watch your Pro Stocks have at it....now see there, I just showed you how to manage downtime during those cleanups.

Oildowns won't be the demise of drag racing, any more than your whining about it will save it. You're just deceiving yourself, my friend.
Closed Thread

Tags
crazy talk