CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 02-10-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Charlet View Post
. The fact that the red light "doesn't count" in qualifying is another confusing point for newbies.
OK, so what do we do about that? I'm all for nothing. Newbies are only newbiesuntil they figure it out. As someone else said, stuff like this gets fans talking to each other in the stands. I've got no NO problem explaining things to newbies.
Old 02-10-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI_guy View Post
OK, so what do we do about that? I'm all for nothing. Newbies are only newbiesuntil they figure it out. As someone else said, stuff like this gets fans talking to each other in the stands. I've got no NO problem explaining things to newbies.
I have been a huge proponent of an instant green light for a long time now. You still can let drivers prove their skills with RT and if you get anxious, you still can go red...and have the run eliminated.

#RedLightsCount
Old 02-10-2018

The only rule change I would like to see would be going BACK to the 1 vs. 8 - 9 vs. 16 ladder format.
Old 02-10-2018
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI_guy View Post
I still don't understand it. I think I've seen times in NASCAR where certain drivers didn't even need to make qualifying runs becuase of their points standings.
Exactly right. In our sport, you actually have to run in qualifying in order to get qualified. What a concept! LOL I don't see how it gets any easier than that.