CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 01-25-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI_guy View Post
Yup..... and have smller ones scattered around the pits and concession ares.

15" screens above each urinal too! Or is that pushing it little?
That could slowdown the urinal line due to the odoriferously challenged. 🤥💩
Old 01-25-2018

If you have not seen the scoreboard at GALOT Motorsports Park, check out the PDRA race on speed video in early April. They are head and shoulders above anything at any other track. Large video screens that displays the times and when they are reset, it has advertisement on them. Last year, during a rain delay, they had the gators on the screens to watch the GALOT PMs.
Old 01-25-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI_guy View Post
Yup..... and have smller ones scattered around the pits and concession ares.

15" screens above each urinal too! Or is that pushing it little?
Norwalk would only have to install 4, unless they had battery powered wireless screens for the porta-potties!!
Old 01-25-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Gray View Post
I agree, to me a lot of the excitement is seeing the drivers performance and the cars performance, and his way you would never know if it was the driver or the car that got the win.
So when John force deep stages (prestage light is out) and wins by a holeshot of .004 versus the other driver, you are crediting the car's performance was bad and John is a great driver.
Probably one reason Jimmy Prock does not want to tune for him because prock is about ET, John is about Looking Good.

If you go to instant green, you can still have reaction times but et will be accurate from green to finish line.

Bracket Racing is so close now with most winning packages are .020 so all you would have to do was add .020 to your dial in. still works the same way.
Old 01-25-2018

I assume the scoreboards are a money making item for NHRA so they will never give up the time required to keep the fan informed.
Old 01-26-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWPMFAN View Post
If you have not seen the scoreboard at GALOT Motorsports Park, check out the PDRA race on speed video in early April. They are head and shoulders above anything at any other track. Large video screens that displays the times and when they are reset, it has advertisement on them. Last year, during a rain delay, they had the gators on the screens to watch the GALOT PMs.
I haven't seen them in person, but I've seen them a lot watching races.

Those are the coolest screens I've ever seen at a race track.

Who cares?
Old 01-26-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by rognelson77 View Post
So when John force deep stages (prestage light is out) and wins by a holeshot of .004 versus the other driver, you are crediting the car's performance was bad and John is a great driver.
Probably one reason Jimmy Prock does not want to tune for him because prock is about ET, John is about Looking Good.

If you go to instant green, you can still have reaction times but et will be accurate from green to finish line.

Bracket Racing is so close now with most winning packages are .020 so all you would have to do was add .020 to your dial in. still works the same way.
IF the object is to WIN it looks like this would be the case on that pass. You won't see Force deep stage during qualifying and that is where the tuner comes in. Lane choice (or looking good) for the next round means nothing after you get beat.
Old 01-26-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugbelch View Post
I've seen all ages in the stands place bets on who will win. From young kids just having fun, to adult$ having $ome fun a$ well
Exactly. And the car that crosses the finish line first in qualifying "wins". So either leave things as they are, or leave the win lights off entirely.

This isn't that big of a deal, but still, it's another annoying and unnecessary change.
Old 01-26-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugbelch View Post
I've seen all ages in the stands place bets on who will win. From young kids just having fun, to adult$ having $ome fun a$ well
So I guess now they will just be betting on who is driving the quicker car.
Old 01-26-2018
Administrator

ARP Question of the Week Poll....

http://competitionplus.com/drag-raci...ing-win-lights

----------------------------