CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 01-31-2018

Default Bring Back Pro Stock Truck......but it's not what you think.

I will preface this by saying I know this will never happen.

I loved Pro Stock truck and miss it dearly. Someone on Facebook today posted an image of an old Pro Stock Truck and it really made me say, "Boy, I sure do miss that!" So it got me thinking....

The best selling vehicles in the US last year were, you guessed it, full size trucks. 1. Ford F150 733,287 2. Chevrolet Silverado 520,604 3. Ram Pickup 441,862.

SSSooooooo, instead of using midsize trucks you utilize full size trucks! Imagine F150's, Silverado's and Ram's all squaring off against each other! When it comes to trucks people can be very brand loyal and I think they would love it!

The caveat of course would be the engines. I would only want to see production based engines. I don't care about 500 or 358 cubic inch engines. Let Ford use the Coyote or EcoBoost, GM the LT and Ram the Hemi. I think some sort of boost would almost be mandatory but that is what is also popular, not only in racing but with the OEM's as well.

Other organizations seem to figure out how to make various engine combinations work together, why can't the NHRA?

I hate to say this because Pro Stock used to be by favorite class but I simply just don't care about it anymore.

If I saw a turbocharged Coyote powered F150 racing a supercharged Silverado on TV I would go nuts and watch it all day long. I would also be texting or calling my friends, telling them they have to tune in.

This is what I want to see!!!

One can dream right?
Old 02-01-2018

Smile

I really fear for your sanity.........That being said, My only mode of transportation is a really beautiful F-150
Old 02-01-2018

Great idea....until someone tries to bring their pimped out Escalade....
Old 02-01-2018

I'm just waiting for a Ram with the Hellcat engine. There's not even been any rumours of them buildin them that I know of, but don't now why. I think they'd be big sellers. My only guess is they'd probably be cheaper than their Challengers, Chargers and Grand Cherokees and they don't want to give buyers that cheaper option.
Old 02-01-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by old geezer View Post
I really fear for your sanity.........That being said, My only mode of transportation is a really beautiful F-150
Me too, lol.
Old 02-01-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI_guy View Post
I'm just waiting for a Ram with the Hellcat engine. There's not even been any rumours of them buildin them that I know of, but don't now why. I think they'd be big sellers. My only guess is they'd probably be cheaper than their Challengers, Chargers and Grand Cherokees and they don't want to give buyers that cheaper option.
I was just reading about the new Ram. Wow, I was really impressed with all of the new technology. Very, impressive!
Old 02-01-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtcoDave View Post
I was just reading about the new Ram. Wow, I was really impressed with all of the new technology. Very, impressive!
I think it's ugly. Haven't liked Rams in the past few year since they started putting RAM in such big lettering on the grille and tailgate. I was pissed when they went from Dodge to RAM. They did make a RAM R/T for a few years that was a really good looking truck though. They came in standard 2 door cab and short box only with a different bumber facia and 22" wheels and 4.10 gears. Seem to be really rare though. I've only ever seen one on the road.
Old 02-02-2018

Would love to see it/some form of it back. However it will end up as a FRamarado. And look nothing like a truck.
Old 02-03-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI_guy View Post
How much did the SRT-10 trucks sell for when new back in 04-06?
Old 02-03-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtcoDave View Post
I will preface this by saying I know this will never happen.

I loved Pro Stock truck and miss it dearly. Someone on Facebook today posted an image of an old Pro Stock Truck and it really made me say, "Boy, I sure do miss that!" So it got me thinking....

The best selling vehicles in the US last year were, you guessed it, full size trucks. 1. Ford F150 733,287 2. Chevrolet Silverado 520,604 3. Ram Pickup 441,862.

SSSooooooo, instead of using midsize trucks you utilize full size trucks! Imagine F150's, Silverado's and Ram's all squaring off against each other! When it comes to trucks people can be very brand loyal and I think they would love it!

The caveat of course would be the engines. I would only want to see production based engines. I don't care about 500 or 358 cubic inch engines. Let Ford use the Coyote or EcoBoost, GM the LT and Ram the Hemi. I think some sort of boost would almost be mandatory but that is what is also popular, not only in racing but with the OEM's as well.

Other organizations seem to figure out how to make various engine combinations work together, why can't the NHRA?

I hate to say this because Pro Stock used to be by favorite class but I simply just don't care about it anymore.

If I saw a turbocharged Coyote powered F150 racing a supercharged Silverado on TV I would go nuts and watch it all day long. I would also be texting or calling my friends, telling them they have to tune in.

This is what I want to see!!!

One can dream right?
I remember when PST was first proposed. Ford wanted the F-150 with a 500" engine. GM and Dodge wanted to market their small trucks. At that time the Ranger out sold both of them put together. Ford didn't need to market the Ranger. Now maybe they do with the new mid sized Ranger on the way. PST to mid sized trucks with current production engines.