CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 02-12-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotheridiot View Post
because they want to run a number for these sponsors. really looked light on downforce, looked like she got out of it in enough time, but got back in it for that split second when she was not straight again.

Cant be running these 3.60 times with alot of downforce but the inmates are running the asylum again.
Haven’t the inmates always run the asylum?
Old 02-12-2018

Quote:
looked like she got out of it in enough time, but got back in it for that split second when she was not straight again.
That's the stab I was talking about. I haven't the time right now to watch the video again to look at the injector blades.
Old 02-12-2018

Quote:
because they want to run a number for these sponsors. really looked light on downforce, looked like she got out of it in enough time, but got back in it for that split second when she was not straight again.

Cant be running these 3.60 times with alot of downforce but the inmates are running the asylum again.
How much downforce can be expected that early in the run?
Old 02-12-2018

Britt did get back on it a little too quick. Up until now she had pedaled the car pretty good when the need arose. Maybe it being the first race it was rust, or too amped up or a combination of both. Doubtful she’ll make the same mistake again. Most importantly, she wasn’t seriously injured.
Old 02-12-2018

Default First time Tony made a statement that I could understand

Tony said she did not let the car get pointed straight but getting back in it.

She has only been doing this a short time, John even stated that he has been waiting for this, crashes are part of the deal.

As long as there are no permanent injuries she will recover (it may be some time) and learn from he mistakes.

I am glad she is okay but you could see John wanted to be at the Hospital (I think anybody would). Don't know if his race was his fault or the tune-up.

It seemed like it took the safety crew a long time to get off the truck, glad to see the hatch opened as it should after the crash.
Old 02-12-2018

She's sore, but in good spirits. A new car is being readied for Phoenix.
Old 02-12-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI_guy View Post
How much downforce can be expected that early in the run?
She was already going 150
Old 02-12-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncomfort View Post
It seemed like it took the safety crew a long time to get off the truck, glad to see the hatch opened as it should after the crash.
For a split second there it looked like she was going to be pinned against the wall with that canopy not being able to be opened until they drug it off.
Old 02-12-2018
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI_guy View Post
I'm glad she'll be OK too. But is it just me or does it look like the car wasn't settled back down when she stabbed the throttle again? I'll have to watch again, but I don't think it was even pointed straight down the track on that last stab.
That and it went into tire shake right after tire spin and that's when she got back on the throttle. Nine times out of ten trying to accerlerate when in tire shake will put you in the wall. We see a lot of that in Pro Mod unfortunately.

I almost posted this on the other thread but pedal fests are a huge risk because you are attempting to manipulate converging forces backed by A LOT of horsepower and torque. It can make a bad situation worse in many ways which is why to his credit, Tony P made several comments about driver experience in relation to pedaling. John Force did too and they're both right. Its a major decision to make because the risk is very high and it relies heavily on extremely accurate timing because the window of opportunity is very small. An unhappy chassis compounds that risk 100 fold.
Old 02-12-2018