CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > Sportsman

Old 02-03-2016

Send a message via AIM to Mike Carr Send a message via MSN to Mike Carr Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Carr
Default 2016 Tri-State Stock/Super Stock Association Schedule

1) Saturday May 28, Quaker City Motorsports Park, Salem Ohio ($100 entry)
2) Sunday May 29, QCMP ($50 entry)

3) Saturday June 11, Keystone Raceway Park (Pittsburgh), New Alexandria PA ($100 entry)

4) Saturday September 10, QCMP ($100 entry)
5) Sunday September 11, QCMP ($50 entry)

6) Saturday, September 24, Keystone Raceway Park, New Alexandria PA ($100 entry, 6th annual Carl Schodde-Bob Butter Memorial Race)
7) Sunday, September 25, KRP ($50 entry)

8) Saturday, November 5th, Mason-Dixon Dragway, Hagerstown MD ($50 entry)
9) Sunday, November 6th, M-D ($100 entry, at least $2,000 (or more) to win)

~ rain dates: QCMP September 17-18; KRP October 15 ~
Looking for 2016 S/SS Race Sponsors. Contact Me if interested
Old 02-15-2016

Send a message via AIM to Mike Carr Send a message via MSN to Mike Carr Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Carr

Rules:
~NHRA/IHRA legal Stock and Super Stock cars and Nostalgia/SS cars (N/SS based on 422 and NMCA rules; N/SS Rules exceptions are: 1971-older cars, transbrake/2-step permitted, no lettering required on the cars)
~S/SS cars must dial the Index or quicker (IHRA Indexes)
~N/SS dial to the nearest hundredth and can change their dial between rounds

Example payouts (based on thirty [30] cars)
$100 race: Winner $1,400; Runner-up $800, Semis $200, Third round loser $100
$50 race: Winner $700; R/U $400, Semis $100, Third round loser $50
More cars = More money = Better Payouts. Extra sponsorship will increase payouts.

$25 to join points. Top three will receive year-end money; maybe the top five. Best 6 (six) of 9 (nine) races count.

For more information, contact Mike Carr (724) 510-5912 or buffdaddy_1302@hotmail.com (you can also sign up there for our monthly e-mail Newsletter.)
Search for our Forum for all rules and other info on ClassRacer.com and Like Us on Facebook.
Old 02-26-2016

We are currently seeking sponsorship for the 2016 Tri-State Stock/Super Stock Association. This is the twentieth (20th) year for The TSSSSA. Last season was our best ever; with 285 entries throughout the season, and paid out nearly eleven thousand dollars to the eight race winners and over five thousand dollars to the runner-ups. We would like to have an equal or even better year this season. If you or a company would be interested in getting involved with our Series, please contact me. Sponsorship can be in any form. Money into individual race purses, the year-end points fund, special awards (Long Distance Tow, Best Winning/Losing First round Package, etc). However you would like to get involved. If interested, please let me know. Thank you.

Mike Carr, Tri-State Stock/Super Stock Association, President
buffdaddy_1302@hotmail.com or (724) 510-5912
Old 05-24-2016

We are just a few days away from kicking off our season! Two races, one each day Saturday and Sunday. Also Sunday is the Nostalgia Classic. East coast vs Midwest Great Lakes Nostalgia funny cars, Southern Slingshots, Ohio gassers, United Manual Transmission Racers stickshift group, and a bracket class for 1980-older cars. Rain date for the Nostalgia Sunday race will be Monday May 30.
Old 05-26-2016

I regret to inform everyone, that due to circumstances beyond my control, the first two Tri-State Stock/Super Stock Association races of the season, scheduled for this weekend at Quaker City Motorsports Park, have been cancelled. Plus, the weather is a little iffy as well. The races will be rescheduled; likely for September 17-18. I apologize for any inconvenience.
Old 06-07-2016

Our next (actually first) race is Saturday June 11 at Keystone Raceway Park in New Alexandria PA (half hour or so east of Pittsburgh). Track is on U.S.22, approx. a mile from the big Sheetz at route 981. Gates open at 11 am; Time trials begin at 12 pm.

Classes contested will be Box, No Box, Stock/Super Stock, plus test and tune open to all.
S/SS Race Entry: $100

Also, the Keystone Nostalgia Combo Drag Racing w/ Bud's Auto & Bower Hill Auto Bodywill be there on Friday night June 10. So if you have an older car, check their site/rules or contact Steve Reasbeck for more information.
Old 09-07-2016

We are back in action this weekend, at Quaker City Motorsports Park in Salem Ohio.

Weekend schedule:

~Saturday September 10
Gates Open: 11am
Time Trials: 1pm
S/SS, Box, No-Box, Dad's Heads-up Series, UMTR stickshift group, and test and tune
S/SS Race Entry: $100

~Sunday September 11
Gates Open: 10am
Time Trials: 12pm
S/SS, Box, No-Box and test and tune
S/SS Race Entry: $50

With six races remaining (three double-race weekends), there is still plenty of time to join points. Best four (4) of seven (7) races count. $25 to join points. The top three (3) will receive year-end money. There are thirteen points members as of right now, and with only one race completed so far, and six races remaining, still plenty of time to join and win some extra money. We should be set up near the concession stand (by the power station, like normal); if not, outside of staging lane #1. If you are pitted in a spot where the speakers/radio does not work, you can see me and sign up for our text alerts. I would not want anyone to miss a time trial/round of eliminations due to missing the call(s).

Our remaining schedule after Quaker:

-Saturday and Sunday September 24-25, Keystone Raceway Park, New Alexandria PA. One race each day. 6th Annual Carl Schodde-Bob Butter Memorial race $100 entry Saturday 9/24; $50 entry Sunday 9/25. Races #4 and #5

-Saturday and Sunday November 5-6, Mason-Dixon Dragway, Hagerstown MD. The annual Mason-Dixon Stock/Super Stock Fall Classic. $50 entry Saturday 11/5 and $100 entry Sunday 11/6. The Sunday race paying a guaranteed at least $2,000 (or more) to win. Races #6 and #7.
Old 09-22-2016

Our next two races will be this weekend, September 24-25. We will be at Keystone (Pittsburgh) Raceway Park in New Alexandria PA. The annual P.I.D./Keystone Reunion Nostalgia weekend. Two great days full of awesome cars. The TSSSSA, UMTR stick cars, Gassers, two bracket classes for 1980-older cars. Saturday will see the Keystone Nostalgia Combo series, and Sunday will have a class for 60-and-over drivers. Plus runs each day by the Great Lakes Nostalgia funny cars and Southern Slingshot dragsters. Plus more. Always a great two days of throw-back racing like the old days.

Tags
nostalgia, stock, super stock