CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 5 Days Ago

"All you have to do is look at the emotions of John Force kneeling on the starting line in tears, or Laurie Force chocking up in her starting line interview, or the heart felt finish line interview with Brittany Force, or the excitement from Allan Johnson and his crew, and even the disappointment of Steve Torrance who lost by such a small margin, to see that an NHRA Championship still means so much to these teams and so much to the majority of fans even though some fans thinks it doesn't. Also all you have to do is look at all of the excitement from the women in the stands when Brittany won the championship to see that competitive women race car drivers are really admired and needed in this sport. My hats off to Brittany Force and JFR for a well deserved TF Championship."

I think that is very well put and I agree with you on this.
Old 5 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugbelch View Post
Video as John Force breaks down in tears on starting line as daughter Brittany wins her first Top Fuel title.

https://www.foxsports.com/motor/vide...ource=share_fb
Did John lose a contact on the starting line ? I saw him kneeling down after Brittany's run . After watching a few episodes of his old TV show , I crack up watching his antics . Congratulations to Brittany for winning the big trophy , but John needs to win a Oscar for his starting line performance .
Old 4 Days Ago

I did not see any tears. Maybe he has a dry eye condition. Sure he was more than thrilled either way.
Old 4 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by chop36@aol.com View Post
Did John lose a contact on the starting line ?
No. He lost a contract on the starting line. The Monster contract that is.
Old 4 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb301 View Post
When was the last Championship for JFR before this past weekend? It's been awhile since they won.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~~IKE~~~ View Post
Guess the point he was making was who last won a Championship other than a DSR or a JFR team. Its been getting old and boring over the last decade. JMO
To extend my point, when was the last time a non DSR/Alan Johnson tuned car won a TF championship? The answer, 14 years.

FC has a tiny bit more parity, with the Pedregon brother is '07 and '08, then Del in '15. But you need to go back to Cruz in '92 to find the next non DSR/JFR champ.

Surprisingly, the Pro Stock championships are spread out over a variety of teams in the past decade.

OK, y'all can have your thread back. Congrats to Brittany for stepping up in the driver's seat. She definitely deserves credit for that!
Old 4 Days Ago

How many career wins does Brit have now?
Old 3 Days Ago
Administrator

Folks...I've moved the last six comments intact to an existing thread that addresses the Muldowney angle....

http://forum.competitionplus.com/showthread.php?t=15555

----------------------------