CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 02-27-2015
Administrator

Conversely, I've watched plenty of cars, from 10 second street legal door slammers to 6.5 second Pro Stockers to fuel cars get out of shape and wreck on very well prepared tracks.

----------------------------
Old 02-27-2015
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy View Post
Conversely, I've watched plenty of cars, from 10 second street legal door slammers to 6.5 second Pro Stockers to fuel cars get out of shape and wreck on very well prepared tracks.
Exactly right. Racing is about RISK MANAGMENT and that means looking at all the variables involved and eliminating any that don't make any sense. Like running your purpose-built race car on a surface that wasn't designed or prepped for that as an example. Or racing where there are no guardrails. Or racing without the proper safety equipment. Our job as racers is to prepare in every way to make it down the track safely. We don't eliminate all the risk but you sure as heck can eliminate the no-brainers.
Old 02-27-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonne* View Post
X2!!

Its seems some people think that you get extra points for running on a crappy road/surface. What you get is broken parts and body damage. And I have a good friend who demolished his car at one of the "specialty" events at an old airstrip. Rolled it several times and salvaged zero from it.
I was speaking from the performabce standpoint alone, much less broken parts and crashing. I view the track as being a part of the car.
Old 02-28-2015
Super Moderator

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonne* View Post
Like running your purpose-built race car on a surface that wasn't designed or prepped for that as an example.
If I am not mistaken the cars used in street outlaws are purpose built to be run on a surface that is not prepped. Where am I going wrong here?
Old 03-02-2015
Administrator

Default Susan Wade's Thoughts on Street Outlaws

http://competitionplus.com/drag-raci...needed-changes

----------------------------
Old 03-03-2015
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy View Post
Some good points but also some off-the-mark statements. If we have to stage fist fights in the pit area as a way to attract spectators then we're doing something wrong. NHRA already offers a place for street racers to run in the form of the many classes they offer now. People make choices and unfortunately some people would rather choose shortcuts than do things correctly. Its kind of like assuming every homeless person doesn't want to be homeless. Why should NHRA give them a "place of honor" at a National Event when they haven't earned it? I think there's an inordinate amount of blame being put on NHRA to correct a problem that is in fact, a crime. NHRA did reach out to Discovery channel to no avail. Blaming NHRA for the greedy and unethical entertainment business is unfair. There isn't one scapegoat to blame here. Its a combination of many factors that need to be addressed by the public, sanctioned racing orgs, law enforcement, the court systems, city councils, the entertainment industry and the media. Trying to tie this up with one little bow of blame isn't going to come close to solving a very complex problem.
Old 03-03-2015

The lack of fightung and stupid drama is what I LIKE about professional NHRA racing. People act like true professionals, not common thugs.