CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 11-17-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer12306 View Post
Morning Trivia:

Vance and Hines won 100% of the PSM races this year.

Half of those wins weren't HD.
They build motors for every make except Victory now, which means they know exactly how much HP most of their competitors have. Isn't it strange how their HD bikes suddenly were the quickest during the countdown? And it's also strange how their closest competitor in the countdown seemed to slow during the same period. I bet it's pretty hard to explain to Mr. Willy Davidson how you provide championship HP to the customers who beat you. Shame on the people who buy their engines. Too many cylinder head gurus in the world to let your competitor control your fate...
Old 11-17-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayouboy25 View Post
They build motors for every make except Victory now, which means they know exactly how much HP most of their competitors have. Isn't it strange how their HD bikes suddenly were the quickest during the countdown? And it's also strange how their closest competitor in the countdown seemed to slow during the same period. I bet it's pretty hard to explain to Mr. Willy Davidson how you provide championship HP to the customers who beat you. Shame on the people who buy their engines. Too many cylinder head gurus in the world to let your competitor control your fate...
Odd last year they were beat for the title by their engines. When they rolled out the new bikes at E-Town they weren't good and that lasted almost up until the Countdown started. They tested countless times prior to the Countdown and it paid off. Instead of some BS conspiracy theory, how about congrats on busting your a$$es and winning the title? They have the biggest budget in the category, so it shouldn't shock you they win a lot.
Old 11-18-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb301 View Post
Odd last year they were beat for the title by their engines.
Exactly my point. They then have to explain to the company paying their bills how that happened. Obviously they have an obligation to their customers, but they have an obligation to their sponsors as well. It's a major conflict of interest. Also, they had the points lead going into Pomona last year. It had a bit more to do with riding than performance. Krawiec ran low ET first and second round, but lost second round on a holeshot.

Quote:
When they rolled out the new bikes at E-Town they weren't good and that lasted almost up until the Countdown started. They tested countless times prior to the Countdown and it paid off.
They switched back to their old chassis after Brainerd...

Quote:
Instead of some BS conspiracy theory, how about congrats on busting your a$$es and winning the title? They have the biggest budget in the category, so it shouldn't shock you they win a lot.
I'll never send congrats to a team that is allow to have an engine monopoly. No other team has access to their engine blocks (or any other "HD" part on their bikes). Can you tell me another category where that statement rings true? I don't doubt that they work hard, and I agree they should be the top team based on their funding. If they were still running Suzukis and dominating, then there would be no reason for a BS conspiracy theory (which I did not come up with, BTW). I don't really fault the V&H team for the way the rules are written (though they lobbied for the rules), that is on the NHRA tech department.
Old 11-20-2017

They claimed they had a wheelie bar issue,lol..Ya,okaay...And the thing is that NO Harley can compete in NHRA ps/b class.If someone even wanted to build one to compete in NHRA they`d be kicked out...Nevermind the fact that nobody is able to run what the v&h team is running,how is that fair. And that they have a monopoly over the field when they have the control of QC/QA on their competitors engines..But as long as there are racers that think they have a chance against this Corporation that is BSing them just enough to think they could win,sometimes then this will continue...