CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 1 Week Ago
Reinhart Reinhart is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 65
Default

Some interesting chatter from a couple of guys who live it. If you want to know what the insiders are thinking, take a few minutes and read this.

Alan

http://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=70935
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 1 Week Ago
Racemaster Racemaster is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 912
Default Same

Pretty much what we are saying here.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 6 Days Ago
Willy's Avatar
Willy Willy is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicago U.S.A.
Posts: 11,832
Default

Exactly.... I found posts 18, 24, 44, 56 and 60 quite notable.

For those interested, here is the latest as handed down by tech.

http://nhraracer.com/content/general...163&zoneid=132

....along with their ruling against Welch.

http://nhraracer.com/content/general...162&zoneid=175

I disagree with those saying this is reminiscent of the weight break era in PS. It's more like the how SS evolved into FX in the mid-60's. Engines are getting moved around, structural pieces sawn off, etc.... Why isn't the tech department addressing that?
__________________
----------------------------


----------------------------
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 5 Days Ago
SuperStocker SuperStocker is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy View Post
Exactly.... I found posts 18, 24, 44, 56 and 60 quite notable.

For those interested, here is the latest as handed down by tech.

http://nhraracer.com/content/general...163&zoneid=132

....along with their ruling against Welch.

http://nhraracer.com/content/general...162&zoneid=175

I disagree with those saying this is reminiscent of the weight break era in PS. It's more like the how SS evolved into FX in the mid-60's. Engines are getting moved around, structural pieces sawn off, etc.... Why isn't the tech department addressing that?
you really want to know why?
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 4 Days Ago
Willy's Avatar
Willy Willy is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicago U.S.A.
Posts: 11,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperStocker View Post
you really want to know why?
I said that with more than a little cynicism, but I'll play....

One team (as far as we know) has gotten away with it.
__________________
----------------------------


----------------------------
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 4 Days Ago
HEMI_guy HEMI_guy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 10,282
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy View Post
I said that with more than a little cynicism, but I'll play....

One team (as far as we know) has gotten away with it.
Yup. Precedence has been set.Others can now make the same or similar changes.

Dodge could also roll out a 2019 DragPak with all these mods straight from the factory.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 4 Days Ago
Racemaster Racemaster is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 912
Default

It opens the door for sure.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 3 Days Ago
az99 az99 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 115
Default

Why are Dodge guys allowed to make all those changes to their 2015 cars? You would think all those updates and technology improves should be in a 2018 not allow them to rebuild and improve a 2015 car. I know the rules allow any engine year in any year body but this sounds like a lot more than that.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 3 Days Ago
HEMI_guy HEMI_guy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 10,282
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by az99 View Post
Why are Dodge guys allowed to make all those changes to their 2015 cars? You would think all those updates and technology improves should be in a 2018 not allow them to rebuild and improve a 2015 car. I know the rules allow any engine year in any year body but this sounds like a lot more than that.
What makes you think others aren't allowed to make the same mods? Because they haven't asked if they can or tried?
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 3 Days Ago
70aarcuda 70aarcuda is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 331
Default

Nice article in National Dragster on DSR Factory Showdown program. Says he has room for two more cars next year.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.