CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #271  
Old 06-20-2018
HEMI_guy HEMI_guy is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 10,279
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by a21stud View Post
It would be very interesting to know Jegs and Summits customer breakdown. I would guess the car show and street rodders would by far be their biggest income groups. Then drag racers next but tied with the 3 way group of off road, sports car racers and Stock car racer groups.
Why would you think thier breakdown would be any different that the PRI study?
Reply With Quote
  #272  
Old 06-20-2018
a21stud a21stud is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,225
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI_guy View Post
Why would you think thier breakdown would be any different that the PRI study?
I wrote that and posted it before reading your PRI post. I believe the PRI study is a compilation of all parts suppliers and not just the two biggest mail order houses. At the same time your probably right, as I stated, I was just guessing.
__________________
.
a21stud only refers to the more common 21 stud flathead motors early drag racers coveted before the Chy. Hemi and sbc came along.
Reply With Quote
  #273  
Old 06-20-2018
HEMI_guy HEMI_guy is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 10,279
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by a21stud View Post
I wrote that and posted it before reading your PRI post. I believe the PRI study is a compilation of all parts suppliers and not just the two biggest mail order houses. At the same time your probably right, as I stated, I was just guessing.
ok. makes sense. I would think being the 2 biggest retailers their numbers would be the same as the study. I didn't really read thePRI article, they very well may have gotten their information from them.
Reply With Quote
  #274  
Old 06-20-2018
Gen. Disarray Gen. Disarray is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Edgewater Park N.J.
Posts: 64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI_guy View Post
Sorry. My box quickly filled up with comments about your post.

I'm done here.
Hey , don't you know it's a waste of your day , caught up in endless solutions. That have no meaning , just another hunch based upon jumping conclusions. Backed up against a wall of confusion , caught up in endless solutions, living a life of illusion................a lyric from Sir Joseph F. Walsh
Reply With Quote
  #275  
Old 06-21-2018
Twostep Twostep is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtcoDave View Post
You also come across as a real ass on here, especially this post. Here's to you not winning another round of racing for the rest of the season!
Uncalled for, Dave. Frustrations are running a bit high in this thread but to wish for a man's failure simply because he snapped at a CP member who is well known for being outspoken and opinionated - and you didn't like it - is grossly unfair. People who speak their minds often clash but in the end, reasonable people shake hands, work on forming a consensus, agree to disagree on certain things, and move on. I believe both Chris and the member he's sparring with are capable of doing exactly that.

I have no position of significance here at all, but my opinion is that Chris has an apology coming. You handle it however you see fit, including telling me to take a hike. But you'll still hear my opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #276  
Old 06-26-2018
AtcoDave AtcoDave is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,335
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twostep View Post
Uncalled for, Dave. Frustrations are running a bit high in this thread but to wish for a man's failure simply because he snapped at a CP member who is well known for being outspoken and opinionated - and you didn't like it - is grossly unfair. People who speak their minds often clash but in the end, reasonable people shake hands, work on forming a consensus, agree to disagree on certain things, and move on. I believe both Chris and the member he's sparring with are capable of doing exactly that.

I have no position of significance here at all, but my opinion is that Chris has an apology coming. You handle it however you see fit, including telling me to take a hike. But you'll still hear my opinion.
Um yea, I'm not apologizing to anyone. What is this, church? I really don't think what I said was all that bad in this day and age. I thought he acted like an ass when he went after Hemi so I called him one, big deal. As to not winning another round of racing, being an Eagles fan I also hope the following teams do not win a game next year: Cowboys, Giants and Redskins. See how being a fan works! You need to have the good and the bad, that's what being a fan is all about. If everyone is just PC and on the same team, it gets boring. Some of you guys are so touchy.

I'm glad you gave your opinion though, that is what forums are about...voicing your opinion!
Reply With Quote
  #277  
Old 06-26-2018
AtcoDave AtcoDave is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,335
Default



Now this is f'n awesome! A real Ford Coyote engine running 5.83 202 in the 1/8th!

Sign me up for this.
Reply With Quote
  #278  
Old 06-26-2018
de31168's Avatar
de31168 de31168 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Griffith, IN
Posts: 3,256
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtcoDave View Post
Now this is f'n awesome! A real Ford Coyote engine running 5.83 202 in the 1/8th!

Sign me up for this.
5.83 to the 1/8th seems awful slow for the speed. Why does he shut it off at half track?
Reply With Quote
  #279  
Old 06-27-2018
Twostep Twostep is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtcoDave View Post

I'm glad you gave your opinion though, that is what forums are about...voicing your opinion!
Nobody here is touchy...I don't personally care what you say to Chris McGaha; he's perfectly capable of dealing with it or simply ignoring it. Like you say, we're simply exchanging opinions; nobody mad, nobody gonna be mad.

That MMR mod Mustang ran 3.83@202 in the 660', for what it's worth.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.