CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 08-28-2018
de31168's Avatar
de31168 de31168 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Griffith, IN
Posts: 3,284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Gray View Post
I must have stumbled into the wrong thread...I could have sworn this was a Lee Beard thread but I see it is just another bash the Pedregons thread.
I look forward to Lee's technical commentary. I would also love to hear about his stories from the past from his Indy highs and lows. For example the use of the throttle stop for the burnout would be a great lead in to showing Pat Austin's unfortunate final round burnout from 1991. That was so heart breaking after having just lost Gary Ormsby. They don't run into the dusk hours anymore, but keeping up with the tricky IRP surface can be challenging round after round. I think if utilized right he can be a great asset.

Sidetracking now but, can we get Whit Bazemore to make a cameo doing top end interviews? Nothing against Amanda but that would be great. Figure out how to get Scelzi in there too.

Keeping with the throwback theme of the weekend that NASCAR and other series do, the broadcast could even be a throwback with the intro or graphics or music from the Diamond P days like NBC does. They even allow old school commentators during a segment of their race. I'd love to hear Dave Mac come back out of retirement even if just for one round. Where's Marty Reid? When Cruz loses round 1 he can throwback to his 2001 commentary days..
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-29-2018
Yellow Hot Rod Yellow Hot Rod is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by de31168 View Post
I look forward to Lee's technical commentary. I would also love to hear about his stories from the past from his Indy highs and lows. For example the use of the throttle stop for the burnout would be a great lead in to showing Pat Austin's unfortunate final round burnout from 1991. That was so heart breaking after having just lost Gary Ormsby. They don't run into the dusk hours anymore, but keeping up with the tricky IRP surface can be challenging round after round. I think if utilized right he can be a great asset.

Sidetracking now but, can we get Whit Bazemore to make a cameo doing top end interviews? Nothing against Amanda but that would be great. Figure out how to get Scelzi in there too.

Keeping with the throwback theme of the weekend that NASCAR and other series do, the broadcast could even be a throwback with the intro or graphics or music from the Diamond P days like NBC does. They even allow old school commentators during a segment of their race. I'd love to hear Dave Mac come back out of retirement even if just for one round. Where's Marty Reid? When Cruz loses round 1 he can throwback to his 2001 commentary days..
Wouldn't it be cool to hear Dave Mac announce Mike Salinas McEwen car pulling into the staging beams?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-29-2018
HEMI_guy HEMI_guy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 10,354
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Hot Rod View Post
Wouldn't it be cool to hear Dave Mac announce Mike Salinas McEwen car pulling into the staging beams?
It's always cool to hear Mac.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-29-2018
StockerGTP StockerGTP is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Gray View Post
I must have stumbled into the wrong thread...I could have sworn this was a Lee Beard thread but I see it is just another bash the Pedregons thread.
Those darn thread titles are just so misleading
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-31-2018
Yvonne* Yvonne* is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4,805
Default

I think this will be a good fit for Beard and the broadcast content. Looking forward to hearing his comments.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.