CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 1 Week Ago

Default .1

Since Vegas or maybe the race before the .1, LFE, AKA subwoofer track suddenly, for the 1st time ever is being used. This is with Directv, which I have. Previously many of the commercials would have more low end than any of the race coverage.
What a great addition....finally !!

Seems like someone in production woke up.

Anyone else notice this?
Old 1 Week Ago

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to enjoy the low end because when I turn up the t.v. and sound system, The wife yells at me!
Old 1 Week Ago

Too much Rieff to enjoy this feature.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugbelch View Post
Too much Rieff to enjoy this feature.
This forum really needs a "like" button!
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by syclonedave View Post
Since Vegas or maybe the race before the .1, LFE, AKA subwoofer track suddenly, for the 1st time ever is being used. This is with Directv, which I have. Previously many of the commercials would have more low end than any of the race coverage.
What a great addition....finally !!

Seems like someone in production woke up.

Anyone else notice this?
Not sure this applies but when I was at Sonoma I was asked by the NHRA ( Peter Clifford ) to go to a Dolby experiement in the tower to test Atmos 7. There were about 6-8 of us that listened to the new system, and were asked our thoughts. They might have been testing some of those new effects at the Pomona race, it was pretty cool to hear what they had accomplished. They had 6 engineers in the test room working on this program and telling us what they were doing. Things will be changing. I hope this might help.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by notbeenracing View Post
Not sure this applies but when I was at Sonoma I was asked by the NHRA ( Peter Clifford ) to go to a Dolby experiement in the tower to test Atmos 7. There were about 6-8 of us that listened to the new system, and were asked our thoughts. They might have been testing some of those new effects at the Pomona race, it was pretty cool to hear what they had accomplished. They had 6 engineers in the test room working on this program and telling us what they were doing. Things will be changing. I hope this might help.
Interesting. Good that someone is showing some kind of interest in the audio experience, though so few people have Atmos & there are a # of variations from the true version. But, just after all these years of NO .1 is a big improvement. Even though Atmos is just ceiling speakers & not really a bass feature.

What did you & the group think & were the engineers interested in your opinions? What was the content that they were playing?
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgty3whlr View Post
Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to enjoy the low end because when I turn up the t.v. and sound system, The wife yells at me!
Yeah, I've been to a lot of customers homes & found the sub. unplugged.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Interesting. Good that someone is showing some kind of interest in the audio experience, though so few people have Atmos & there are a # of variations from the true version. But, just after all these years of NO .1 is a big improvement. Even though Atmos is just ceiling speakers & not really a bass feature.

What did you & the group think & were the engineers interested in your opinions? What was the content that they were playing?
That Atmos is hokie crap. I lost respect for Dolby after they came out with 7.1.
Old 1 Week Ago

Come to think of it, I did notice a real improvement in the sound in the last couple races. Occasionally, someone will drop by while I'm watching the race on TV that has never been to one, and I always have to explain that the sound on even a very good TV doesn't do it justice. Even with cable and no separate speaker system, the sound is noticeably better recently.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:

It was them showing us a race with Top Fuel and then a Top fuel FC, some of the people had big systems in their TV room and others didn't, like myself I don't even have surround sound. What I stated was the sound was GREAT but when I listen to a race the sound comes from L to R or R to L not over my head or behind me unless the track is to my back. It was my biggest dislike of what it sounded like, not feeling real. They are trying to get people to feel the real life experience but thru their TV and sound system.

I could feel the rumble of the cars because they had lots of speakers and the power driving them. Yes they really appreciated what we said, I waited for everyone else to speak before I gave my opinion, not saying that I have more experience but I have been to 100's of race days in my life and heard 1000's of runs and no one tried to explain it the way I did.

The people conducting this were very friendly and open to discussion, we weren't being rushed thru this session. They also told us they have like 500 engineers working on SOUND systems trying to develope new and better systems, wether thats true who knows. It was fun being asked as a NHRA fan what I though. One of the guys that also went up there was ANDRE from Toyota, the head guy ( DM ) or whatever his title is. It was cool hanging with him awhile. Over all a great experience.