CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > Heads Up Doorslammer Racing

Old 02-18-2018

I can't believe he didn't tweek the car on that run. The slo mo replay showed a lot of moving when it landed.

Who cares?
Old 02-19-2018

"Stevie Fast" Jackson takes the Duck's $50,000. and doesn't need to break 200 mph in any round of eliminations to do it. Stevie Fast went 3.74 at 199 to take out Tulsa's Haney in the finals.

Tim Slavens goes 209 and Daniel Pharris goes 214 mph but both go home to southern Missouri empty handed. Slavens did get to the semi's. How come the big mph came from southern Missouri? How come the quick ET's didn't?

Little radial tires on door cars going 200 in the 1/8th mile. That was fun to watch.

I remember the flack the engineers got when the Greek and Garlits broke the 200 mph barrier that the slide rule guys said 200 mph could never be broken. Woops.
Old 02-20-2018
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by a21stud View Post
"Stevie Fast" Jackson takes the Duck's $50,000. and doesn't need to break 200 mph in any round of eliminations to do it. Stevie Fast went 3.74 at 199 to take out Tulsa's Haney in the finals.

Tim Slavens goes 209 and Daniel Pharris goes 214 mph but both go home to southern Missouri empty handed. Slavens did get to the semi's. How come the big mph came from southern Missouri? How come the quick ET's didn't?

Little radial tires on door cars going 200 in the 1/8th mile. That was fun to watch.

I remember the flack the engineers got when the Greek and Garlits broke the 200 mph barrier that the slide rule guys said 200 mph could never be broken. Woops.
It was good stuff! Here's a race report on the finals....

http://competitionplus.com/drag-raci...s-lights-out-9

Notebook....

http://competitionplus.com/CPSportsm...event-notebook

And a crazy cool collection of videos.....

http://competitionplus.com/competiti...m-lights-out-9

----------------------------
Old 02-20-2018

We couldn't get everything together for this years Light's Out race so I watched it on MotorMania's excellent live feed. Thanks MMTV! Didn't get anything done here at home all weekend and must have watched at least 20 hours of it without going to sleep once. Brian Lohnes and Lee Sebring were great but they were totally worn out after 4 days of constant announcing.

I can't watch the NHRA Reiff and Tony 3 hour show without snoozing before the finals. I wonder if I would sleep if they were allowed to show more racing than just the 16 T/F, 16 F/C and Pro Camaro classes. It would be better if they at least added Pro Mod and Factory Stock while eliminating the Track Walk and other fluff junk.

Fluff junk for the stick and ball sports are their pre and post game shows that... gee, few people watch. That shows the real value of fluff. Cars going down the track equals quality programing and Light's Out and MMTV had it going. It's Tuesday and we're still talking about it and weren't even there. Cool weekend!
Old 02-20-2018

MotorMania has also moved to streaming on YouTube instead of LiveStream.

My TV was on YouTube most of the weekend.

Who cares?
Old 02-21-2018

Quote:

Those cars are turbos they don't 60' et's like the blowers and Nitrous cars early in the run. They are losing hundreds right off the starting line and 330' but bring on the power at the 1/8 hence the big MPH.
Old 02-21-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~~IKE~~~ View Post
Those cars are turbos they don't 60' et's like the blowers and Nitrous cars early in the run. They are losing hundreds right off the starting line and 330' but bring on the power at the 1/8 hence the big MPH.
This year's Lights Out had Stevie Fast with a blower car taking the win and Haney's nitrous car the ru. Turbo's have the speed record that doesn't pay.
Old 02-21-2018

Quote:
This year's Lights Out had Stevie Fast with a blower car taking the win and Haney's nitrous car the ru. Turbo's have the speed record that doesn't pay.
Unfortunately no, but turbos have won plenty of those races.