CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 05-01-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by rognelson77 View Post
JR Todd had a small mention on the FOX qualifying show that traction has been a problem since NHRA changed track Prep Recently

Anyone know what NHRA changed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twintownterror View Post
30% less VHT.
Old 05-01-2018

Cruz Pedregon didn't seem to have a problem on race day and Brooks is known for swinging for the fence...4.15---4.05---4.05. Maybe they backed it down a little so they could get down the track and win the race. After all you are racing the race track. I'm sure after a few laps all of the teams will be going down the track just like Cruz did and not exploding their bodies on every other pass. Steve Torrence was pretty consistent in Top Fuel also and it paid off with another win.
Old 05-01-2018
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Gray View Post
Cruz Pedregon didn't seem to have a problem on race day and Brooks is known for swinging for the fence...4.15---4.05---4.05. Maybe they backed it down a little so they could get down the track and win the race. After all you are racing the race track. I'm sure after a few laps all of the teams will be going down the track just like Cruz did and not exploding their bodies on every other pass. Steve Torrence was pretty consistent in Top Fuel also and it paid off with another win.
I agree. He who adapts quickest, wins.
Old 05-01-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonne* View Post
I agree. He who adapts quickest, wins.
I just do not like that this was not a public statement by NHRA. They put out press releases about Leah Pritchett Fine for too fast in the pits,, Promod lock up converters and nothing about this.

Go to class racer forum and see how upset they are about the prep at Charlotte. Did they do the normal prep for the stockers superstockers or 30% less there also.
Old 05-01-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by rognelson77 View Post
I just do not like that this was not a public statement by NHRA. They put out press releases about Leah Pritchett Fine for too fast in the pits,, Promod lock up converters and nothing about this.

Go to class racer forum and see how upset they are about the prep at Charlotte. Did they do the normal prep for the stockers superstockers or 30% less there also.
What thread is it under? I looked but didn't see anything.
Old 05-01-2018

NHRA messing with the track prep during a event is nothing new. Years ago when a FC hit a speed record at the fall Vegas event in the 1000 ft era around 315, the weather was better on Saturday than Friday. There was a lot of aborted runs. If memory serves right, Capps called them out.

There was a big issue with this happening at Joilet one year.

IMHO I think NHRA messed with the track prep after the TF record MPH runs on Friday in PHX this year.

On year at the PHX test in the 1320 era, runs in the high 4.60s in FC and low to mid 4.40s in TF. The next day the prep was not as good and a lot of aborted runs.

As a fan it's hard to tell if the teams are going for it when record runs are attainable or if the track prep had been meased with causing so many aborted runs when they should be hauling the mail. We just have to wait for a racer to advise which one it is.
Old 05-01-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Gray View Post
What thread is it under? I looked but didn't see anything.
Class racer
Live from z max post 24

Post 24 The track was a little slick for some. I heard Mike Cotten had some traction issues in Stock, Super Comp cars was a little loose. My Cobra Jet was also skating down track.

Post 32 On our run this morning Larry about took out the tree. The starter wanted to give the first 3 pairs another run, but Rich Schaefer would not allow it! The left lane was still bad whenever the FS/XX cars went down a few minutes ago. #1 was Joe Welch at 8.08 @ 173!!