CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by de31168 View Post
4 pages worth of nothing. I will agree with the title of the thread though. Great job, great effort, great interview Greg! Keep your head up high and go win another title and let's get that 100th win!
yep,couldent of said it better
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Look at the threads that get the most responses and views on here... gossip/soap opera related. This has had more talk that the US Nationals thread.

Very informative Comp+ articles are few and far between in regards to discussion.

Whit's articles have vanished and poor ol' Scelzi and Dixon articles can't get one reply, lol
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Without the soap opera you have nothing . The racing doesn't carry enough punch to carry the show . GA is a very easy target , I have met him at the track and your not going to meet a nicer guy to a fan . But when you stick a TV mic near him for some reason you start getting uncomfortable with whatever he says . Kinda like when EE gets on a roll, you cringe at the amount of cockiness that gets perceived. Yeah I like a little soap opera , maybe we can get some more when we find out what happened to Larry Morgan's homecoming switch . Just saying........................
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by chop36@aol.com View Post
Without the soap opera you have nothing .
Over the years, what have all the soap opera stories between Rieff in the booth (and Jamie at the return road) have tried to drum up evolved into? ... nothing. Even the GA and EE trailer gag is a distant memory to only a few as well as the recent so-called "feud" between Leah and the others has played out quickly. Mainly because now they seem so manufactured, rather than organic, like in the past they so desperately want to recreate. Personally, I like the soap opera between Cruz and his crew in the staging lanes. It seems like that never ends.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Sorry if I was unclear in my kind of Soap Opera . I'm talking WJ vs NHRA , Force vs Hoffman , Bazemore vs Everybody , Big vs Shirley , Shirley vs Connie , Tony vs Force , PS vs Nitrous and maybe Larry vs Chris ? Hmmmm.......... . Anyway I will also note that the GA vs EE trailer episode was no gag , his lip was quivering, if that was fake he should win an Oscar .
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Don't forget Force vs the Don and 1320 vs 1000

... yep, like I said earlier, old school and organic. Not this new manufactured fluff or that scuffle over engine leasing (that didn't last long either). Some you listed were rivalries and not so much soap opera's.

btw, he got over that "lip quivering" stuff real quick, especially after his medical emergency put everything in perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chop36@aol.com View Post
... Force vs Hoffman...
I remember in Memphis when I had a ND cover with Al's BDS car on the cover for him to autograph. When he was signing it, he noticed Force walking down the pits. He held it up and yelled to him: "Hey, this is a REAL car!". Force flipped him off and kept walking. He chuckled and told me that this was the best looking car he ever owned. From that point on, I became a Hofmann (correct spelling) fan for life.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Smile

Because I have attended several National Events each year for the last 15 years; I know Greg Anderson as well or better than any one on this forum. I have always found him to be articulate, honest, and more than willing to interact with the fans. Why anyone would dislike him is beyond me.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddyhahn View Post
Been a fan of him, might be the only one, plus he has a good looking wife. Who beats her in pro stock
You got that right about Kim. She is a very pretty young lady.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainesfan View Post
My guess is that those who dislike Anderson have never spent any time talking to him. I totally agree with your comments. I have gotten to know him pretty well over the years, starting before his first win at Bristol when he was George Marnell's crew chief. He is a genuine guy. My guess is most of those that dislike him do so because of his success. If so, and they want to root for the underdog, I understand that.

On the other hand, as a fan, I found WJ to be the most rude, un-fan friendly racer I have ever met and I have had a number of interactions with WJ over the years.
Being an old IHRA event worker I found WJ to be a very nice personable man. Having had the opportunity to talk with him several times I never felt intimated of felt he was trying to brush me off. Just a man working really hard to get his next win.