CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > IHRA

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-16-2017
HEMI_guy HEMI_guy is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 9,303
Default

And now Feld has shut down their Ringling Circus operation.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-16-2017
Yvonne* Yvonne* is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI_guy View Post
And now Feld has shut down their Ringling Circus operation.
I saw that too.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-17-2017
Imm Man Imm Man is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,002
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI_guy View Post
And now Feld has shut down their Ringling Circus operation.
Totally unrelated.
__________________
The Immokalee Experience!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-17-2017
HEMI_guy HEMI_guy is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 9,303
Default

Just checked...I wasn't aware Feld has sold IHRA.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-19-2017
luxexpress luxexpress is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: syracuse, new york
Posts: 945
Default

Does seem to show the Feld had a big hand in running two organizations into the ground - mostly because they didn't understand what the public wanted to see. Unfortunately the new ownership of the IHRA seems to be in the same mold.
__________________
http://aerusofcny.com/
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-26-2017
a21stud a21stud is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 713
Default

So where is IHRA headed?

Apparently their ownership group doesn’t know anything about drag racing and probably never will “get it”.

They obviously don’t have anyone with the ability to make a profit from promoting anything more than their sportsman program.

They’ve chased off or fired most of the upper staff with drag racing management experience.

They’ve hired a very good professional driver and announcer to be their President which in itself was a very strange move, but he’s now apparently gone. Not sure if it was by his choice or otherwise… anybody seen or heard from Mike Dunn?

They must realize by now that they don’t know how to promote a nitro burning, crowd drawing, money making show.

They made a solid payday in Cordova into a money loser in Memphis and now need to rebuild that race’s reputation while eating humble pie.

They’ve chased off most of their best independently owned tracks.

The winner’s must be the track owners that sold to IHRA. Wonder if they can buy their tracks back for 10 cents on the dollar?

I had high hopes for IHRA when it was purchased by people with solid financial backing. There’s little to no hope left.

Anybody want to buy a screwed up business? (It’s got to be for sale by now.)
__________________
.
a21stud only refers to the more common 21 stud flathead motors early drag racers coveted before the Chy. Hemi and sbc came along.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-26-2017
Imm Man Imm Man is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,002
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by a21stud View Post
So where is IHRA headed?

Apparently their ownership group doesn’t know anything about drag racing and probably never will “get it”.

They obviously don’t have anyone with the ability to make a profit from promoting anything more than their sportsman program.

They’ve chased off or fired most of the upper staff with drag racing management experience.

They’ve hired a very good professional driver and announcer to be their President which in itself was a very strange move, but he’s now apparently gone. Not sure if it was by his choice or otherwise… anybody seen or heard from Mike Dunn?

They must realize by now that they don’t know how to promote a nitro burning, crowd drawing, money making show.

They made a solid payday in Cordova into a money loser in Memphis and now need to rebuild that race’s reputation while eating humble pie.

They’ve chased off most of their best independently owned tracks.

The winner’s must be the track owners that sold to IHRA. Wonder if they can buy their tracks back for 10 cents on the dollar?

I had high hopes for IHRA when it was purchased by people with solid financial backing. There’s little to no hope left.

Anybody want to buy a screwed up business? (It’s got to be for sale by now.)
I've still been unable to verify Mike Dunn's departure. Anyone?
__________________
The Immokalee Experience!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-26-2017
Yvonne* Yvonne* is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imm Man View Post
I've still been unable to verify Mike Dunn's departure. Anyone?
Its possible we won't hear anything until they announce a replacement. That is if they get one.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-28-2017
HEMI_guy HEMI_guy is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 9,303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxexpress View Post
Does seem to show the Feld had a big hand in running two organizations into the ground - mostly because they didn't understand what the public wanted to see. Unfortunately the new ownership of the IHRA seems to be in the same mold.
lol... Saying maybe they should bring elephants to the track?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-28-2017
HEMI_guy HEMI_guy is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 9,303
Default

http://competitionplus.com/drag-raci...vision-package
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.