CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 09-04-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Poole View Post
All depends on how you look @ it.
I didn't see anything wrong with it, either. When he's interviewed after a loss, Anderson always talks like he's about to start crying but that's just him. Beats himself up pretty bad when he loses. Besides, I can't help but have a little empathy for a man who lost his transporter, race car and his house to separate fires a few years back.

All that crap years ago with Erica Enders...water under the bridge. Some still don't like Anderson (or Enders) because of it, but it's history and a small-ball rivalry in the first place. Who cares.
Old 09-04-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynoGrump View Post
if u been on this board as long as I have you would know Mr. Poole has a life long has hatred for Anderson, that he will probably take to his grave and for what I can only assume, the reason being, Anderson help contribute to the demise of his hero's rein in pro stock and especially this weekend when Hartford dropped his guy for Gray.
Ah I guess that makes sense. I wasn't asking to be a smart @$$, I am genuinely curious. Besides he was passionate enough about to to start an entire thread. He must want to discuss and dissect it!
Old 09-04-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Charlet View Post
....Yes....because when you look at anything somebody you don't like through rose colored glasses, that makes it valid.....
Don't wear glasses.
Old 09-04-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynoGrump View Post
if u been on this board as long as I have you would know Mr. Poole has a life long has hatred for Anderson, that he will probably take to his grave and for what I can only assume, the reason being, Anderson help contribute to the demise of his hero's rein in pro stock and especially this weekend when Hartford dropped his guy for Gray.
I wouldn't use the word hatred,dislike is a better word. Yep,I lose a lot of sleep because of GA. He's a non factor in my life,that I can guarantee you. However I do like it very much when he gets his @$$ beat Geez,you gotta be kidding me,me caring that Hartford went to Gray,really? It doesn't seem to matter where he gets his power from,1st rd runner up seems to be the standard with him. Touche!!!!
Old 09-04-2017

Please talking about GA is like beating a dead horse . He's good , real good ,like top 3 all time good . But he's not made for interviews, that's not his fault . Everything he says can be taken the wrong way, it never feels like the right genuine. I'm a 100% WJ guy for many reasons , but if GA left with the playbook he took the playbook to the next level times 3 .
Old 09-04-2017

It doesn't take a Sigmund Freud or Dr. Phil to figure why Mr. Poole dislikes Greg so much. It's solely base on his insane obsession with Greg's former boss. The only reasons I know people hang on to grudges for decade's, usually stems from money or a woman ! The story I read is that years ago if Greg was allowed to occasionally drive, he would not have left and if he didn't leave, there probably wouldn't be a KB racing today
Old 09-04-2017

While good in theory, that might have been career suicide for Greg. No doubt bringing in Jason Line and KB money elevated the class to a level never seen before. When you go from the 2 most competitive seasons in history to sheer dominance, I can understand the hatred.
Old 09-05-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by de31168 View Post
When you go from the 2 most competitive seasons in history to sheer dominance, I can understand the hatred.
No doubt this is a big part of why he's not so popular among some groups of fans. It's like Scoot Bloomquist in dirt late model racing, to some extent he's a victim of his own success. Fans just naturally tend to dislike drivers who dominate too much and tend to favor the "underdogs".

Quote:
But he's not made for interviews,
However, this is a big part of it as well. Greg seems to have a way of coming across in interviews as being rather smug. Maybe he doesn't realize it. In fact, I doubt that he does. But he certainly gives that vibe and sometimes he doesn't seem to think about what he says and how it sounds. The "I don't want to be the one who gets beat by her" comment involving Erica, is a prime example of this. Greg would be wise to take a few lessons from Clay Millican. Anyone remember when Clay was in the broadcast booth today after being the #1 qualifier and losing in the first round to #16? Tony ask him how he could keep smiling after this. His response was that he was making a living doing what he enjoyed. That's called "perspective" and a lot of people could benefit from that. I'm sure losing a race is very disappointing
but every day, somewhere there are people who lose a lot more and face even greater challenges. Look at the people in Houston. Some of them even lost their lives. When you think about things like this, it makes you realize that if you wake up alive and healthy, it's a great day.
Old 09-05-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan2k4 View Post

However, this is a big part of it as well. Greg seems to have a way of coming across in interviews as being rather smug. Maybe he doesn't realize it. In fact, I doubt that he does. But he certainly gives that vibe and sometimes he doesn't seem to think about what he says and how it sounds. The "I don't want to be the one who gets beat by her" comment involving Erica, is a prime example of this. Greg would be wise to take a few lessons from Clay Millican. Anyone remember when Clay was in the broadcast booth today after being the #1 qualifier and losing in the first round to #16? Tony ask him how he could keep smiling after this. His response was that he was making a living doing what he enjoyed. That's called "perspective" and a lot of people could benefit from that. I'm sure losing a race is very disappointing
but every day, somewhere there are people who lose a lot more and face even greater challenges. Look at the people in Houston. Some of them even lost their lives. When you think about things like this, it makes you realize that if you wake up alive and healthy, it's a great day.
This hits the nail on the head with Greg Anderson, while he comes off as smug and sometimes arrogant on tv he does tell it like it is, reminds me of his mentor Warren Johnson. I use to dislike Greg mainly because his success and what I thought was his arrogance but in meeting him and talking to him several times he comes off as a genuine person who is very articulate.

The first time I talked to him was in 2010 in Sonoma the week after another pro stock track prep debacle in Seattle and I learned a lot in the ten minutes I talked to him and those ten minutes really turned my opinion around on the guy. He is a great guy to talk to....however it does not hurt me to see him get beat on Sundays....
Old 09-05-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by de31168 View Post
What was wrong with it? He said he was the car to beat (and he was) and that he screwed up (and he did) and he congratulated Drew for being the better driver on this day.
DING DING DING

Nothing else here folks, just a wickedly biased whiner anytime Greg does anything right or wrong.

Who cares?