CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 09-05-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Poole View Post
What a humbling interview by GA after Skillman handed him his head. What a jerk.
Who is his mentor?
Old 09-05-2017

What was wrong with it? He said he was the car to beat (and he was) and that he screwed up (and he did) and he congratulated Drew for being the better driver on this day.

While I'll agree with all that..... He's just one of a few people I don't mind seeing get choked up and on the verge of crying and even get a little satisfaction from it. I'm not totally sure why I feel that way, but do know it's not worth my time to sort through my thoughts to figure it out.
Old 09-05-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI_guy View Post
While I'll agree with all that..... He's just one of a few people I don't mind seeing get choked up and on verge of crying and even get a little satisfaction from it. I'm not totally sure why I feel that way, but do know it's not worth my time to sort through my thoughts to figure it out.
Nothing wrong with not wanting someone to win, but ****, this dude takes the cake in terms of disdain.

Who cares?
Old 09-06-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Poole View Post
What a humbling interview by GA after Skillman handed him his head. What a jerk.
nobody likes to lose. he does come across as a whiner
Old 09-06-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28camaro View Post
nobody likes to lose. he does come across as a whiner
Got no dog in this fight, but did anyone stop & think that after the end of the racing day (season) if the hired gun doesn't perform he could be out and the other guy can watch his family sell cars at one of their many dealerships and keep on keeping on. This could be especially true if the winnings are part of (or a lot of) your paycheck.
Old 09-06-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Gates View Post
Got no dog in this fight, but did anyone stop & think that after the end of the racing day (season) if the hired gun doesn't perform he could be out and the other guy can watch his family sell cars at one of their many dealerships and keep on keeping on. This could be especially true if the winnings are part of (or a lot of) your paycheck.
This is why I have a lot more respect for all the drivers who don't Buy, Inherit, or own the ride because they have to perform, while the others have rides for life, regardless of how they perform.
Old 09-06-2017

Been a fan of him, might be the only one, plus he has a good looking wife. Who beats her in pro stock
Old 09-06-2017

I have a feeling GA's job at KB is pretty safe. Isn't he the Pres. or GM at KB? The worst I could see happning would him being yanked out of the car for a younger, quicker left foot. It can suck but it happens in all performance driven industries. He's had a darn good run over the years. Far above average actually and he should be thankful for that and I'm sure he is. I know every racer wants to be the one that decides when they step out of the car. Maybe he and Black should have a sit-down about that before too long.... if they haven't already. It would sure be neat to see Conely end up as a paid driver and crew guy for KB.
Old 09-06-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI_guy View Post
I have a feeling GA's job at KB is pretty safe. Isn't he the Pres. or GM at KB? The worst I could see happning would him being yanked out of the car for a younger, quicker left foot. It can suck but it happens in all performance driven industries. He's had a darn good run over the years. Far above average actually and he should be thankful for that and I'm sure he is. I know every racer wants to be the one that decides when they step out of the car. Maybe he and Black should have a sit-down about that before too long.... if they haven't already. It would sure be neat to see Conely end up as a paid driver and crew guy for KB.
You can't be serious. Black will spend whatever it takes to see GA beat WJ's all time win record. I wouldn't be surprised if Black was back door paying NHRA to keep P/S alive till if and when he does break the record. Flame on.:
Old 09-06-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddyhahn View Post
Been a fan of him, might be the only one, plus he has a good looking wife. Who beats her in pro stock
well,been a fan of his since day one,so now theres 2 of us.oh yeah,been a fan of kim's too.