CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 01-22-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydavis427
..... John Force is not the winningest NHRA drag racer, in fact he may not be in the top five....
Old 01-22-2008
gary4205

Quote:
Gary with respect to you John Force is not the winningest NHRA drag racer, in fact he may not be in the top five. When I say he doesn't have the pure skills I mean he doesn't have the engine, chassis and tuning skills of those drivers I referred to.
Larry, Force has won 119 races, and 14 championships. No one else is even close. And he don't turn wrenches anymore, but I'm pretty sure he did back in the day, much like every fuel racer did.
Old 01-22-2008
Banned

Talking Gary Are You OK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA-1
Gary is that you jumping from that Texas tower. If it was I hope your OK. Although I'm sitting here laughing. When I say winningest I'm referring to all races, any sanction, match races and independent races. Therefore I believe there are racers with more victories than J. Force has accumulated. I've never felt that just winning NHRA national events is the only gauge for establishing wins.
Old 01-22-2008
gary4205

Oh, and one thing more, when NHRA ranked it's Top 50 all time racers, Force came in second only to Don Garlits, an other dumb fuel racer.
Old 01-22-2008
gary4205

Quote:
Gary is that you jumping from that Texas tower. If it was I hope your OK. Although I'm sitting here laughing. When I say winningest I'm referring to all races, any sanction, match races and independent races. Therefore I believe there are racers with more victories than J. Force has accumulated. I've never felt that just winning NHRA national events is the only gauge for establishing wins.
I think you meant UT Tower, but anyhow, you seem to be moving the target around. See the above post and you'll find one Donald Glenn Garlits is the guy you are looking for. But since we are talking about the NHRA, were talking about Force.
Old 01-24-2008

i swore at first this was an old thread someone added to. it's not!!!

oh god here we go again!!!!

this is deja vu all over again!!!!!

hey , the stock market may be chrashing but my erica stock is through the roof!!!! haha

i heard a rumor that weight watchers were entering sponsor negotiations with her
Old 01-24-2008

I'm still waiting for the bikini calender.
Old 01-24-2008

I love Pro Stock racing, but my top NHRA 5 of all time would not even have a Pro Stock driver in it, it would have to be, Garlits, Force, Bernstein, Prudhomme and Amato. I would put Shirley sixth and then Glidden. John Force is more than the winningest driver in NHRA history...he IS DRAG RACING. Not giving John all the credit he is due, is like doing the same to RIchard Petty. SOmething you just can't do!!!
Old 01-25-2008
gary4205

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnitro07
I love Pro Stock racing, but my top NHRA 5 of all time would not even have a Pro Stock driver in it, it would have to be, Garlits, Force, Bernstein, Prudhomme and Amato. I would put Shirley sixth and then Glidden. John Force is more than the winningest driver in NHRA history...he IS DRAG RACING. Not giving John all the credit he is due, is like doing the same to RIchard Petty. SOmething you just can't do!!!
How could it ever be said better than that?
Old 01-25-2008
Banned

Smile Amato, Force and Bernstein Don't Cut It!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnitro07
I admit that Garlits, Prudomme deserve to be in the top five. The other three should be Dyno Don, Glidden and Jenkins or Johnson. These PS guys are as inventive as any in the toughest class. Force doesn't even belong here, he simply doesn't have the talent. Someone might question Dyno but no one has won in so many classes as him. He was a true genius with his innovations. No one has won as many races down drag strips in every sanction. He was the Johnny Appleseed of drag racing and the match racing king. Amato, Force and Bernstein should be in the 10 to 20 positions of the best.

Tags
crazy talk, pro stock