CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 06-09-2010

More nhra BS!!!!! If they want to slow things down take away all of the computer crap and automatic stuff and make them use their brains..There will only be a couple of cars running fast..The rest wont have a clue...
Old 06-09-2010

I dunno, Clay....I'm all for using brains but I'll venture two guesses here. First, lots of brains are being used just the same, computers or not, and if you were to suddenly take away all that 'crap' I believe you'd see carnage on an unprecedented scale.

A moot discussion, anyway. NHRA isn't about to ban such devices.
Old 06-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSRFan1 View Post
Sorry guys, I know that I am in the vast minority on this subject; but I still agree with Ace, DON'T fix it if it ain't broke!
i'm with you on this.this is some great racin.this stuff aint broke.1/2 these folks are TESTING for the overblown countdown.used to be the season meant something.not anymore.
Old 06-09-2010
Tim5636sc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy View Post
Not really sure what was ATTEMPTED TO BE accomplished, but here is the latest.

And it sounds as if there will be....more testing OF SOMETHING THEY ARE NOT SURE WHAT THEY ARE ACTUALLY TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH...
Fixed it for ya...cause I sure as heck have NO clue exactly WHAT they (NHRA) is trying to accomplish here.... is it SLOWING THEM DOWN or REDUCING EXPENSE or REDUCTION IN CATASTROPHIC ENGINE FAILURE...

until they figure out what their GOAL is... what do they hope to accomplish??? Seems pretty counter-productive to me..
Old 06-09-2010
Bobbie K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Gates View Post

The purpose for the test's as stated is for safety & less engine damage. It is very possible that the main intent is to basically stop the carnage @ 1000 feet.
I don't think they are planning to return to 1320. They are trying to make it safer and cheaper to run and get more of the lesser funded teams back into the fray. I've been saying that corporate America is ruining the sport and I think this is going to help.
Old 06-10-2010
Tim5636sc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie K View Post
I don't think they are planning to return to 1320. They are trying to make it safer and cheaper to run and get more of the lesser funded teams back into the fray. I've been saying that corporate America is ruining the sport and I think this is going to help.
Corporate Marketing Partners are the ONLY way any PROFESSIONAL (Not for Profit Organization) can keep afloat. How exactly is CORPORATE AMERICA Ruining the Sport of PROFESSIONAL Drag Racing???
Old 06-10-2010
Bobbie K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim5636sc View Post
Corporate Marketing Partners are the ONLY way any PROFESSIONAL (Not for Profit Organization) can keep afloat. How exactly is CORPORATE AMERICA Ruining the Sport of PROFESSIONAL Drag Racing???
They have eliminated the under funded teams and turned the sport into the millionaires club. Why do you think the entries are dwindling? Why do you think drivers have to buy a ride? It's total BS Tim. Where's the 'snake'? You are down to a couple of teams winning it all.
Old 06-10-2010

Default For your info.................

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSRFan1 View Post
Sorry guys, I know that I am in the vast minority on this subject; but I still agree with Ace, DON'T fix it if it ain't broke!
Trust me.....IT IS BROKE!!!!
Old 06-10-2010

Default I agree(did I really say that)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie K View Post
They have eliminated the under funded teams and turned the sport into the millionaires club. Why do you think the entries are dwindling? Why do you think drivers have to buy a ride? It's total BS Tim. Where's the 'snake'? You are down to a couple of teams winning it all.
That is exactly what has happened. They have turned it into the same thing that open wheel racing and Nascar has become,buy your ride. I seen it over and over in the Indycar Series,some guy comes along with a million or two and says "here's my kid,he is real fast in a go cart so lets try this stuff" And they mold him a seat and away he goes with little or no talent(Milka Duno?) at all. The car owner puts about 25% of the money in his pocket,runs his car and crew until the rest is gone and the team parks it,too bad but that is what drag racing is FAST becoming. It's is a shame that guys like Vandergriff,Fuller,Hillary Will,Herbert,The Snake and many others are out of the biz. It has become a sport of those who have it all and those who never will.
Old 06-10-2010

I never thought I would say, "I agree with pitmonster completely"... The sport has become about the money, not the ability.

Tags
funny car, nhra, route 66, testing, top fuel