CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 08-22-2011

Question ESPN 3 Live Feed Like it or Hate it?

Its been around a year since NHRA and ESPN started this live feed, and I want to see what everyone thinks about it. Here is what I think of it. Its really great especially during the Western Swing when you live on the East coast because NHRA wont come on until 10PM at night or 10PM+ if it gets delayed and some people have to get up early. For me it has good quality not to much lag shows all the cars to Sportsman to the Pros it might not show the times of the sportsman's during the day but that's fine with me when it comes to the finals in Sportsman's they will show the winner. I know Pro Stock Car and Motorcycle have a speedy first round's on ESPN2 that's why they don't commentary it on the live feed, but I wish that would be changed, but I did see them do commentary on the so called "BIG" first round match ups for example like Greg Anderson vs Greg Stanfield, Stanfield has less power but can make it up on the starting line, but then no more after that until second round. All in all I really like what ESPN 3 and NHRA do its a really cool feature and its free!
Old 08-23-2011

Since it's not available with my current ISP....I guess I'll have to reserve judgement.....till.....forever.
Old 08-23-2011
Super Moderator

Red face

I guess if you have the time to watch it it works out. My problem is spending the 5 or so hours in front of a computer...
Old 08-23-2011

5 hrs of it on the computer and my eyes would be bleeding
Old 08-23-2011

for me its almost like being at the race, without putting up with traffic, people standing up, and no disgusting porta pottys. the beauty of it is, u dont have to spend the entire 5 hrs in front of the computer. between rounds u can go and have a good meal, do some much needed work around the house, work on the car, take a nap etc. i send the stream to my large screen tv, pump up the sound and I'm set. soon as they figure out a way send smell thru the internet, i'll be in hog heaven.
Old 08-23-2011

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!

I either plug my laptop into the tv or put the laptop & aux speakers on my workbench in the garage while I work on the cars. I look at a computer screen enough as it is.

http://www.youtube.com/techrat77
Old 08-23-2011

You watch what you want, get up, go do stuff.....75 minutes later, Round 2 of the fuel classes. Pretty simple. I treat it like I am at the races. I certainly do not sit in the stands for the entire race!

Mitch
Old 08-23-2011

I bought a big HD TV to watch TV on.

I'm not interested in watching my computer monitor. My PC is in a different room and I can't hook the PC video output to my TV's input. Plus I work on a computer all day and I don't feel the need to spend any more time with it when I'm out of work.

I can't say that I know what resources are being dedicated to the webcast but I would rather see all resources dedicated to making the TV show as good as it can be.
Old 08-23-2011

What kind of service do you guys have to watch it like a tv program. I just have DSL, if I try to have it on at work its just too choppy, home is a bit faster but usually I see the cars stage, it freezes and when it starts moving again they are past the finish line.
Old 08-23-2011

Default Loved it!

To see the sportsman stuff was tops.Plus the track cleaning and prep was like being there.

Tags
espn, live feed