CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 08-12-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Gates View Post
Something I don't understand about the 4 wide track. Why not run 2 different classes at the same time during qualifying and even maybe on race day using each side as a separate track. It would allow all the classes to get to run at a reasonable time and shorten up the day. Spectators could sit on which ever side they wanted to and have the ability to see the classes they like by choosing which side to be on except for the fuel classes. Have announcing available on an app on your phone, by tuning in the "Jegs" side or the "Summit" side. If you have 2 complete tracks why not use them.
That right there is one heck of an idea!
When LV track first opened there was an ice cream vendor that had incredible..and I mean incredible ice cream. He / She disappeared quite some time ago...10 -15 years ago? I want that person back.
Old 08-12-2017

Quote:
Something I don't understand about the 4 wide track. Why not run 2 different classes at the same time during qualifying and even maybe on race day using each side as a separate track. It would allow all the classes to get to run at a reasonable time and shorten up the day. Spectators could sit on which ever side they wanted to and have the ability to see the classes they like by choosing which side to be on except for the fuel classes. Have announcing available on an app on your phone, by tuning in the "Jegs" side or the "Summit" side. If you have 2 complete tracks why not use them.
Excellent Idea. About the Phone App, simply use a low power fm transmitter. Bristol does this. They have a low power FM radio station that broadcast everything you hear over the PA system. There are already apps available that let you use your Phone as an FM radio and this doesn't impact your phone bill one bit because it doesn't make use of your voice or data plan at all. Of course at Bristol they only have one station because it's a 2 lane track, but it would be simple to add another. This way you could use your phone with a radio app, your car radio, or any FM capable radio tuned to whichever channel you wanted.

For those debating the difference between "racing" and entertainment, there is none. Sports are nothing more than entertainment. That's all, nothing less and nothing more. The only difference between spectator sports and participation sports, is who gets entertained. Two cars going down a drag strip never produces any tangible good or product that has intrinsic value or that anyone needs. It only creates value by entertaining. Therefore, drag racing, motorsports in general, or really any sport of any kind, is nothing more than entertainment.
Old 08-13-2017

Does anyone know the attendance / viewer number for Charlotte for the 2 wide verses the 4 wide?
Old 08-13-2017

Here is the 4 wides for this year at Charlotte.

And Last year for the 2 wide at Charlotte.

Old 08-14-2017

Instead of this, I wish Bruton would go ahead and build that state of the art dragstrip adjacent to Kentucky Speedway that was originally part of the plans. There are 5 cities within 100 miles of the track to draw from as well as a NASCAR event at the track itself.
Old 08-14-2017

Quote:
S. If you have 2 complete tracks why not use them.
I've wondered that too. My bet is on a combination of costs and cheap *******s. Just think how much quicker div. events would go.
Old 08-14-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmc View Post
Does anyone know the attendance / viewer number for Charlotte for the 2 wide verses the 4 wide?
NBA playoffs skew to comparison.
Old 08-15-2017

Another circus that I wont waste my time watching. Sad they have to resort to gimmicks to try and make drag racing relevant
Old 08-15-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmc View Post
This past April, Charlotte 4-Wide SOLD OUT both on Saturday and Sunday for onsite ticket sales. I was there and the place was PACKED.

We'll have to wait till September to see how they compare to the standard format this year.
Old 08-15-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Charlet View Post
This past April, Charlotte 4-Wide SOLD OUT both on Saturday and Sunday for onsite ticket sales. I was there and the place was PACKED.

We'll have to wait till September to see how they compare to the standard format this year.
That is what I was trying to find out. If 4 wide fills the place and 2 wide does not even with the countdown, if you were the owner what would you do?