CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 11-07-2015

The most telling thing I see about the results sheet from Las Vegas (I haven't really checked the rest yet) is the age of NHRA's fan base. They give a separate stat of 18-49 because that's your target money spending audience. Of the 368,000 final eliminations viewers, only a staggering 16% fall in that age range. That means the under 18 crowd or the over the hill gang really love NHRA more than anyone else. Qualifying was even worse at only 14.5%. The next closest was the College Football game at the top.. where 32% were in the age bracket. Might have been more but a lot were probably AT the game! That might be huge considering that's who advertisers want to push products to that age range.. and with really low numbers in that category, even if impressive overall, that might hurt.

Hell how about the Bassmasters at 6am. 111k viewers and 60% in the target audience.
Old 11-11-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by de31168 View Post
The most telling thing I see about the results sheet from Las Vegas (I haven't really checked the rest yet) is the age of NHRA's fan base. They give a separate stat of 18-49 because that's your target money spending audience. Of the 368,000 final eliminations viewers, only a staggering 16% fall in that age range. That means the under 18 crowd or the over the hill gang really love NHRA more than anyone else. Qualifying was even worse at only 14.5%. The next closest was the College Football game at the top.. where 32% were in the age bracket. Might have been more but a lot were probably AT the game! That might be huge considering that's who advertisers want to push products to that age range.. and with really low numbers in that category, even if impressive overall, that might hurt.

Hell how about the Bassmasters at 6am. 111k viewers and 60% in the target audience.

I'm guessing it's mostly the over 49 crowd...
Old 11-11-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by twintownterror View Post
I'm guessing it's mostly the over 49 crowd...
You would be right
Old 11-18-2015
Administrator

Michael Knight's season ending analysis.....

http://competitionplus.com/drag-raci...hra-viewership

----------------------------
Old 11-20-2015

ESPN2 Pomona Finals results.
Interesting that only 7,000 young folk separate the finals from qualifying attendance and almost 100k from the old fogies:

http://awfulannouncing.com/2015/espn...mber-9-15.html
Old 12-07-2015

Ratings for Street Outlaws is strong enough apparently for a spin off show. I just saw a post on FB about a Street Outlaws New Orleans or something like that.
Old 12-08-2015
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by twintownterror View Post
Ratings for Street Outlaws is strong enough apparently for a spin off show. I just saw a post on FB about a Street Outlaws New Orleans or something like that.
They gave a two minute preview at the conclusion of the SO season finale last night.

"Street Outlaws New Orleans" aka "The Kye Kelly Show"

----------------------------
Old 12-25-2015

The down fall with NHRA was to stay with ESPN as long as they did.
We don't have priority over Little league, College or Pro football.

Who wants to stay up til 2 or 3 o'clock in the morning to watch a qualifying or elimination show when you hafta be up for work the next morning?

There were some times that ESPN had the show programmed at a particular time slot and I tried to keep myself awake to only be disappointed that the show didn't get broadcasted until an hour and a half later..at least just for another sport.
So even if you were to DVR the show, you would miss half of the show.

Amazing cause if we had an event that dragged out do to oil downs or weather live broadcasting, I would imaging that ESPN would cut the program short to broadcast another Little League game.

I know I'm babbling and a lot of people are kinda sideways about the change but, If FOX sticks with what they are offering and stick with the schedule that they are offering, The amount of viewers are going to increase.

Who wants to stay up til 4 to just watch qualifying ? Not me.

Tags
2015, espn, ratings, television