Arrow PDRA Adds CH₃NO₂ to Pro Extreme

http://www.pdra660.com/competition/rules/pro-extreme/

----------------------------
Old 06-12-2017
Super Moderator

Unfortunately, they did.
Old 06-13-2017
Super Moderator

NO GO for Nitro. The word's come down, NHRA and Homeland Security said No.
Old 06-14-2017
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonne* View Post
NO GO for Nitro. The word's come down, NHRA and Homeland Security said No.
Rules link announcing this has reverted back.....

----------------------------
Old 06-14-2017
Super Moderator

Nitro on Hold for PDRA

PITTSBORO, N.C. (June 13, 2017): Last week the Professional Drag Racers Association (PDRA) announced a rule change that nitromethane would be allowed in the Pro Extreme category. However, previously unknown factors have come to light since the June 8 statement, and nitromethane will not be allowed in PDRA in 2017.

The Department of Homeland Security regulates every use of nitromethane in the United States, and those who use the additive must undergo rigorous screening and meet certain regulations. An imminent addition of nitromethane, as was proposed for the next stop on the PDRA tour, is simply not possible.

“The PDRA always strives to run our association to the highest standard,” stated PDRA’s Bob Harris. “We make every effort to abide by our sanctioning requirements. It is unfortunate that we initially proceeded with the rule changes before learning about the additional security measures surrounding nitromethane. We do hope that this has not caused any inconvenience to our racers and apologize to everyone for our oversight. We will continue doing everything in our power to grow the PDRA, provide the best possible platform for our racers, sponsors and fans, and continue to be the world’s premier eighth-mile drag racing association.”
Old 06-14-2017
Super Moderator

You can also hear the announcement live from Bob Harris on Lee's FB live clip.

I was impressed with what Harris said about their efforts to fully abide by their sanctioning requirements in order to adhere to their desire for PDRA to truly be considered a professional organization. He did say they may continue to pursue it but I would bet money that NHRA will never allow nitro in a door car on any sanctioned property. Since all PDRA events are at NHRA sanctioned tracks, I think PDRA will settle on the fact that being sanctioned is more important to them than nitro. With several tracks leaving IHRA and IHRA's unwillingness at this time to host a professional series of any kind, you can see the writing on the wall here.
Old 07-12-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonne* View Post
You can also hear the announcement live from Bob Harris on Lee's FB live clip.

I was impressed with what Harris said about their efforts to fully abide by their sanctioning requirements in order to adhere to their desire for PDRA to truly be considered a professional organization. He did say they may continue to pursue it but I would bet money that NHRA will never allow nitro in a door car on any sanctioned property. Since all PDRA events are at NHRA sanctioned tracks, I think PDRA will settle on the fact that being sanctioned is more important to them than nitro. With several tracks leaving IHRA and IHRA's unwillingness at this time to host a professional series of any kind, you can see the writing on the wall here.
too bad but the show at pdra is way more better then nhra crap.hell,they don't need any nitro to put on a way better show then anything nhra has to offer
Old 07-13-2017

MDIR is not a NHRA sanctioned track. hasn't been since 1989. I believe Darlington is an IHRA track also but I would think they would not allow nitro in a door car either.