CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 4 Days Ago
Super Moderator

Sleek or not, I know of three racers who got the C7's and did not like them i.e. offed them soon after. Very spooky to drive. I'm fairly positive Troy had a yaw sensor to deploy the chute on the Vette. That should tell you something about how quickly they go upside down or into walls. Giving those bodies LESS downforce was probably the worst thing they could do. I'll be surprised if they sell too many of those.

I don't think the choice to bring out a Mustang has anything to do with the newest, greatest aero package at this point. Don't discount driver confidence and the part that plays in race car choice.
Old 4 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonne* View Post
I'm fairly positive Troy had a yaw sensor to deploy the chute on the Vette. .
I don't know how others feel, but that sounds like a good idea to make as a suggested or even mandatory equipment for a fast car, like prostock that does not have a lot of downforce.

It did not occur to me that there was such a "thing"

Thanks for the education Yvonne.
Old 4 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by a21stud View Post
Ah... that makes sense.
But you put a "?" at the end.
You just surmising or do you know he really did borrow it?
The car belongs to Jose Gonzalez, Troy borrowed it. It's not a secret.

Alan

Last edited by Willy; 3 Days Ago at 10:29 AM. Reason: remove hyperlink
Old 4 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonne* View Post
I'm fairly positive Troy had a yaw sensor to deploy the chute on the Vette.
Oh its the YAW sensor! I always thought it was the y'all sensor! Like.. Hey Y'all watch this!!!

Old 4 Days Ago

Here in Pennsylvania we say, hold my beer and watch this!!
This thread is one of the more informative and entertaining I've followed on here. Alan's insider info, Chris and Yvonne's racing experience and Hemi Guy's Mopar comments are fun to read.
Old 4 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhart View Post
The car belongs to Jose Gonzalez, Troy borrowed it. It's not a secret.

Alan
It was to those of us that don't read Dragzine.
Thanks for straightening my assumption out.

Last edited by Willy; 3 Days Ago at 10:29 AM. Reason: remove hyperlink from quoted text
Old 3 Days Ago
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footbrake View Post
I don't know how others feel, but that sounds like a good idea to make as a suggested or even mandatory equipment for a fast car, like prostock that does not have a lot of downforce.

It did not occur to me that there was such a "thing"

Thanks for the education Yvonne.
You're welcome! It hasn't been talked about much but like anything it comes with Pros and Cons. When the RF box came out, there was a short period where a few drivers stopped pulling the chutes at the finish line themselves thinking they could just leave it to the RF. That was a mistake because it breeds overconfidence. Repetitive motions and muscle memory are what will save you in a bad situation. Those can also override panic and when you take something out of the driver's routine you risk delayed driver response.

Opinions vary on sensors like this. My feeling is to weigh how the item mitigates risk versus if it could increase risk-taking. The RF box pros far outweigh the cons when you study that safety piece. The yaw sensor? Not sure. Does it mask a bigger problem of a body style that may not be conducive to that kind of power or possibly a driver that wonít lift on time when warranted? You can be sideways with the chute out and if the driver's foot is still in it, a wreck is coming regardless. Again, opinions vary but itís something to think about. (Troy always lifts on time so I am in no way speaking of him.)
Old 3 Days Ago
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by de31168 View Post
Oh its the YAW sensor! I always thought it was the y'all sensor! Like.. Hey Y'all watch this!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Hot Rod View Post
This thread is one of the more informative and entertaining I've followed on here. Alan's insider info, Chris and Yvonne's racing experience and Hemi Guy's Mopar comments are fun to read.
LOL Too funny!! I also love .... "Everybody stand back. I got this."
Old 3 Days Ago

Jose drove the Mustang that Troy was in to the 2017 PDRA Pro Boost championship last year. Dillard and Jose brought that car to the SCSN in Vegas last Nov. They ran a bunch of runs around 5.45, 270+. It appeared that when they were trying for the 30s, they struck the tires around a 150 feet each time.
Old 3 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Hot Rod View Post
Oh stop! You're making me blush!