CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 01-06-2018

I was there on Tuesday morning...they were placing the barrier rail on the outside of the new track.......So that looks good...

LVMS has bracket racing scheduled the weekend of the 16th of March...friday..saturday and sunday....fact I think there is a bracket race each weekend the Month of March....rubber meets the road.

http://www.lvms.com/documents/the-st...8-schedule.pdf
Old 01-07-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaketown dave View Post
what a shame
Agree. This is crap. One 4-wide was already bad, now two? We should boycott the sh*t out of this. No attending, no watching. Sucks a*s.
Old 01-07-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcc9000 View Post
Agree. This is crap. One 4-wide was already bad, now two? We should boycott the sh*t out of this. No attending, no watching. Sucks a*s.
While I agree, it is not my or your property or money. Mr. Smith has every right to do what ever he wants.
Old 01-07-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcc9000 View Post
Let me see if I understand this correctly ... you want us to boycott, because Bruton Smith "who gives us some of the best racing facilities there is to compete at in drag racing" decides to have a four wide facility on the east coast and the west coast, which in turn saves the four wide fans a lot of travel expense or allows them the option of seeing 2 four wide races a year? In my eyes that would make us anti four wide fans look pretty greedy and arrogant when we as two wide fans with the option of 22 two wide races a year want to boycott the 2 four wide races the four wide fans get to attend. You can count me out my answer is NO.
Old 01-07-2018

Default 100% correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Gray View Post
Let me see if I understand this correctly ... you want us to boycott, because Bruton Smith "who gives us some of the best racing facilities there is to compete at in drag racing" decides to have a four wide facility on the east coast and the west coast, which in turn saves the four wide fans a lot of travel expense or allows them the option of seeing 2 four wide races a year? In my eyes that would make us anti four wide fans look pretty greedy and arrogant when we as two wide fans with the option of 22 two wide races a year want to boycott the 2 four wide races the four wide fans get to attend. You can count me out my answer is NO.
I agree I am happy to see it. It was going be done a few years ago but the crying in NC pissed him off so he quit putting money in it. We need to appreciate the high level portion of this sport is being 100% supported by a very very small hand full of people and some lucky breaks. IMO the loss of just one of the teams and Bruton, goodby to TV and to new fans. They need new fans to go with the ones in place, there are enough races that race like the "good ole days". Go watch them, its fun I watch both.

Crazy how serious people get over a voluntary sport. Could be worse we could be North Korea forced to watch the boss race everyone and win. Then if we don't like it, labor camp.
Old 01-07-2018

Since I haven't made it to a 4 wide yet, I don't have an opinion on the quality of the show or value 4 wide races bring to drag racing. I can't imagine Mr. Smith would spend the money and effort to make Vegas a 4 wide track without it being a successful financial venture at his NC track. Seems neat from a distance but I've heard the complaints too.

But boycotting any form of drag racing would be like boycotting oval racing because it's not drag racing. I may not be a big fan of the import races here on the east coast but they sure max out the track's capacity in Orlando when they are here. (Quick little buggers!)

Any event that makes a track more successful and able to withstand the money lost when a major event I want to attend gets killed by bad weather or some other financial disaster for the track owner is a good thing. That way the track owner gets another chance to promote the racing I like the next year.
Old 01-07-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Western Flyer View Post
While I agree, it is not my or your property or money. Mr. Smith has every right to do what ever he wants.
While hes doing what he wants, but the majority does not like what he wants's. Vegas is ruined. 4 lanes is more of a circus than a race. If it was special everyone else would do it. Street Outlaws etc.
Old 01-07-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~~IKE~~~ View Post
While hes doing what he wants, but the majority does not like what he wants's. Vegas is ruined. 4 lanes is more of a circus than a race. If it was special everyone else would do it. Street Outlaws etc.
The majority of who? Even though I'm not a 4 lane fan it sure didn't ruin Vegas for me, and Street Outlaws is a circus...where else could you see a farm truck out run a Ferrari.
Old 01-07-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Gray View Post
The majority of who? Even though I'm not a 4 lane fan it sure didn't ruin Vegas for me, and Street Outlaws is a circus...where else could you see a farm truck out run a Ferrari.
Do a poll and I bet most people would prefer 2 lanes vs 4 lanes. Who else does this BS besides the owner of Vegas and Charlotte. 4 lanes was done 40 years ago with a big fail. Saw it at MIR, York. etc. Blah. But keep this BS hope alive
Old 01-07-2018

I bet the grandstands will be full of spectators....where as the April race usually has very poor attendance....

Since I get a free ticket I will in attemdamce