CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 06-16-2017

I always thought that pretty much all "live" TV and radio was on a 7 second delay for exactly that reason. Somebody in a studio somewhere with their finger on a bleep button just waiting for that. Although I can see where that person would get complacent with 99.9% of the interviews being completely PC.
Old 06-16-2017

"Complacent" is unacceptable in the TV biz and can cost him/her their job. Especially if there is equipment to provide this service, this would be a big discrepancy on their team.

Where I work, every little tiny pixellation or glitch, on the 500 + channels that run though our facility, is scrutinized and wrote up because clients pay big $$$ and strongly demand error free service (redundancy). Reports/emails/meetings are generated for the tiniest of discrepancies, depending on who the client is.

I'm sure FOX has this piece of equipment in their production truck since live events is the norm nowadays. With comments all over social media pertaining to this interview, I'm sure meetings/conference calls were held about this and I bet a few executives were not happy about it.

btw, Rieff says "Definitely apologize"... lol
Old 06-16-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansb57 View Post
As long as you can see live shout outs, bombings and terrible crashes on TV and beheadings and road rages are only one click away, I think using the F word once by an excited racer is the least thing to worry about.
I agree, If you watch European or Canadian tv. their shows are not censored plain and simple.
Watch an episode of a show on a US channel that bleeps the explicit words and then watch the same show on a Canadian or U.K. broadcast and it isn't censored.

Point is, The "f" word is so common most if not all will hear it on a daily basis.

There are many that will complain about it but I will bet you that they have used it or mumbled it a one point.

Others will say, "I don't want my kids to hear that kind of language". Well let me fill those people in, I will bank on it that they hear or use that word a lot more that you think. It may not be in front of you.

I went to a catholic school and to hear a priest crank out that word in class or to even hear it on a tv. slip up, Well it got your attention to the conversation instead of daydreaming about something else didn't it?
Old 06-16-2017

This kind of thing happens in live-TV sporting events all the time. You constantly overhear athletes dropping various "bombs" in baseball and football broadcasts. Or how about when the whole crowd is chanting BULLS&*T after a bad call and it is overheard on TV?

Its a non-issue in my opinion.
Old 06-16-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugbelch View Post
"Complacent" is unacceptable in the TV biz and can cost him/her their job. Especially if there is equipment to provide this service, this would be a big discrepancy on their team.

Where I work, every little tiny pixellation or glitch, on the 500 + channels that run though our facility, is scrutinized and wrote up because clients pay big $$$ and strongly demand error free service (redundancy). Reports/emails/meetings are generated for the tiniest of discrepancies, depending on who the client is.
Then the people operating the center that provides my cable are writing lots of reports. Glitches are not uncommon and the on-line guide often hangs up.
Old 06-16-2017

yep.

Depending on where the signal starts to break up... at the facility, in the field, and/or how many calls come in to complain.

Sometimes a small discrepancy occurs and if no calls come in from affiliates, no report is written, or it is an "in house" issue.
Old 06-16-2017

It's not just tv. There are people out there that just look for anything to complain about. I wonder how many complaints Crest toothpaste gets because the toothpaste didn't flow out on the toothbrush like the commercial does?
Old 06-16-2017

well, if they cool off that just makes them and the crew member sitting in the cart waiting to drive them back to the pits to get behind the ropes to sign the autographs, pack chutes or fuel the car if any of them still do that stuff and get back in the car for the 50 minute turnaround.

Old days the interviews were better because they were done even quicker with that driver getting into his car to get back to the pits because he had to do the clutch as well.
Old 06-18-2017

Smile

She should know by now. WTF!
Old 06-18-2017

"Should Television Let Drivers "Cool Off". Ummm... No.