CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > Heads Up Doorslammer Racing

Old 03-29-2018
Super Moderator

Default Sneak Peek Sidnei Frigo New Camaro

http://competitionplus.com/drag-raci...gos-new-camaro
Old 04-01-2018

Did they throw away all of the "molds" for ProMod bodies except a Chevy Camaro? Looks like every car coming out these days are Camaros. Maybe its time to get back to the roots of what this class was all about, Willis, Studebakers, Cadillacs, Mustangs, Lambrogenies, Corvettes, Station wagons, ETC.
Don't get me wrong, I love a good looking Camaro, but we just don't see any new cars with their own signature of style and imagination any more.
Old 04-04-2018
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy2Tone View Post
Did they throw away all of the "molds" for ProMod bodies except a Chevy Camaro? Looks like every car coming out these days are Camaros. Maybe its time to get back to the roots of what this class was all about, Willis, Studebakers, Cadillacs, Mustangs, Lambrogenies, Corvettes, Station wagons, ETC.
Don't get me wrong, I love a good looking Camaro, but we just don't see any new cars with their own signature of style and imagination any more.
The short answer at this stage in the class is you have to choose between aero-advantageous and non-aero. Your local Quick 8 series probably has one or two Willys. In NHRA, there is no way a Willys is going to be consistent, quick AND fast enough to be truly competitive in the full sense of that word. What do promoters tout more... ET/MPH or cool body style? You can't really blame the car builders either. Its money in the bank to build a winning car because that racer will always come back to them to build the next one.
Old 04-04-2018

I got a great idea for a new car company.
Door Stop Motors.

All bodies are just wedges and sold through Home Depot and Lowes.
if you get a tough law firm, you can get royalties from every race car body sold.

I can see the marketing campaign now...

Get a Wedgie! Go fast!
Old 04-05-2018

Car looks awesome.

Who cares?