CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 10-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI_guy View Post
You're saying the supercharged V10 would be less driveable than the 2.9? And are all the Cobra Jet cars only 2.9 cubes? A rude awakening is coming to the lovers of these cars.
No, I'm saying the F3 Procharger is a freakin Pro Mod power adder lol.. A 2.9L Whipple blower isn't even in the same league! Rude Awakening? Like what? A Dart with a new Hemi in it?
Old 10-02-2013

I'm not real sure, the Teuton's were pretty tight lipped about it at Indy. I'm guessing it's going to be the new Barracuda. That car is reported to be built much more for performance than the current Chrysler 300/Charger/Challenger platform. Hopefully as light or lighter than the Mustangs.

As to the V10 and the F3.... hey it's a factory experimental car built in lots of 50 a year. The competition's welcome to answer the call should such a combination be built.
Old 10-02-2013

Since the Vipers aren't selling very well this year, I guess Fiat had to do something with the excess V10's.
Old 10-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI_guy View Post
I'm not real sure, the Teuton's were pretty tight lipped about it at Indy. I'm guessing it's going to be the new Barracuda. That car is reported to be built much more for performance than the current Chrysler 300/Charger/Challenger platform. Hopefully as light or lighter than the Mustangs.

As to the V10 and the F3.... hey it's a factory experimental car built in lots of 50 a year. The competition's welcome to answer the call should such a combination be built.
That would be good to see. Chrysler needs to do something in the right direction.

And as to your factory experimental, your 2-door 300 platform with a V-10 is already an experimental. At least you can buy a Mustang off the showroom floor with a similar combo.
Old 10-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinAtAce View Post
That would be good to see. Chrysler needs to do something in the right direction.

And as to your factory experimental, your 2-door 300 platform with a V-10 is already an experimental. At least you can buy a Mustang off the showroom floor with a similar combo.
I'm not implying anything about a V10 in the future but in regards to Dodge and SRT in general..... tic-toc-tic-toc. No other car brand has the rich history Dodge has had in NHRA. From what I've been hearing from people who would know...the competition can enjoy their little vacation while it lasts.
Old 10-03-2013

After reading that the Viper is having a hard time selling (estimated to sell 2,000/yr and only have sold 426 so far), I wonder how long the V10 will be around when even the exotics are reducing their cylinder count and still getting over 800+hp.
Old 10-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugbelch View Post
After reading that the Viper is having a hard time selling (estimated to sell 2,000/yr and only have sold 426 so far), I wonder how long the V10 will be around when even the exotics are reducing their cylinder count and still getting over 800+hp.
Euro cars will keep it for a while.. People love the sound.. There's a big difference between an N/A 318 Cubic Inch 9,000 RPM V-10 with 550 hp and the N/A Dodge 512 Inch 6500 RPM V-10 making 640 hp.. Makes twice the torque of the baby V10, but apparently no one cares.
Old 10-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugbelch View Post
My hunch is they're focusing on a blown hemi, probably a 426. I think the V10 Drag Pak was just a one batch deal.

btw, When I joked with Teuton about slapping an F3 on the V10 Drag Pak cars he laughed and said "We got somethin' better than that comin'!
Old 10-04-2013

I watched, what looked to be anyway, a DP Hemi Challenger with a F1X Procharger run today. Looked awesome, sounded great and went like stink.
Old 10-05-2013

What sort of ET's did it run?

Tags
2014, cobra jet