CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2007
Banned

Thumbs down Helton No Friend of Drag Racing!!

The head of Nascar is certainly no friend of drag racing. In an interview called Helton speaks out?? Helton says Bruton Smith good guy but ", but I will stay out of commenting on this." That's speaking out?? Helton should be supporting the drag strip even though he doesn't like the competition. The liberal news media then goes to a minority women and her daughter daughter to pass judgment on the drag strip. Story is called, " Neighbors test drive noise." These neighbors, although they aren't neighbors at all, are considering moving into an area near the track where big homes are located. The potential buyers are shown in the area and listening to dirt racers to decide if the noise is to much. These out of towners said they will pass judgment at a later time???? Is this crazy or what. Actually The Neighbors seem to be judging the whole racing facility??
Old 11-10-2007
gary4205

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydavis427
The head of Nascar is certainly no friend of drag racing. In an interview called Helton speaks out?? Helton says Bruton Smith good guy but ", but I will stay out of commenting on this." That's speaking out?? Helton should be supporting the drag strip even though he doesn't like the competition. The liberal news media then goes to a minority women and her daughter daughter to pass judgment on the drag strip. Story is called, " Neighbors test drive noise." These neighbors, although they aren't neighbors at all, are considering moving into an area near the track where big homes are located. The potential buyers are shown in the area and listening to dirt racers to decide if the noise is to much. These out of towners said they will pass judgment at a later time???? Is this crazy or what. Actually The Neighbors seem to be judging the whole racing facility??
Larry, can you post a link to this story?

As far as folks living near the track, or thinking about moving there. It's the same old tired story. The track is in the middle of nowhere, and 20-30 years later, there are houses at the front door, and the new homeowners think they have a right to bitch. Same goes for airports.

And how much you want to bet Mike Helton and Tom Compton haven't spoken?
Old 11-10-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary4205
Larry, can you post a link to this story?

As far as folks living near the track, or thinking about moving there. It's the same old tired story. The track is in the middle of nowhere, and 20-30 years later, there are houses at the front door, and the new homeowners think they have a right to bitch. Same goes for airports.

And how much you want to bet Mike Helton and Tom Compton haven't spoken?
Gary the site is WSOCTV.com where I found the videos. Surprising that Compton wouldn't help Bruton with this battle. Perhaps he is in some way?? For some reason I'm having trouble finding the right video on the subject and there are many videos on this subject.
Old 11-10-2007

Reminds you of Dallas Love Field Airport or just about any other airport---been there forever, neighbors move in and bitch---like they never knew the airport was there before they bought their home.....
Old 11-10-2007
Administrator

Larry, Mike Helton runs another sanctioning body. Why should he cheerlead for Smith's construction of a drag strip?

And what kind of help can Tom Compton offer Bruton Smith? It's pretty obvious that he has plenty resources to fight his own battles.
Old 11-10-2007
Banned

Smile Stop It.

To let a few people and politicians to decide the fate of Lowes Motor speedway is just crazy. This is shaking Nascar and fans to their core. Helton and Nascar do not like other types of motorsports. But they really need other types of motorsports when the political correct start to try to exterminate racing. There will always be people who want us gone and politicians who have the power to enforce their will on us. Even some relatives and acquaintances of mine would not have a problem complaining about traffic and noise to eliminate a race track. Anytime this type of discrimination starts we need to get involved to stop it. This is just why we need Bruton Smith.
Old 11-10-2007

Remember that Mike Helton works for Nascar, and that Nascar is owned by the France family, the France family and Bruton Smith are not exactly what I call close, not as bad as it was when Bill Jr. still called the shots, Brian and Bruton have a better relationship, but still not what one might think, I don't think this is a knock on Drag racing in the least, just not an endorsement for Bruton.
Old 11-11-2007

Bill France Jr offered a merger between Burton Smith and the other majority track owner in Nascar. Burton said no and its been a rival since.

If one or the other merged then someone would own 95% of all the races and race dates.

Thats why Burton Smith should buy the NHRA. Boy will things change if that happeneds.

As for Mike Helton. He has to look after Nascars interest. He gets paid alot of money and if thats means 100% Nascar and 0% NHRA then thats what you will get. He wont go against the money.
Old 11-11-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnitro07
Remember that Mike Helton works for Nascar, and that Nascar is owned by the France family, the France family and Bruton Smith are not exactly what I call close, not as bad as it was when Bill Jr. still called the shots, Brian and Bruton have a better relationship, but still not what one might think, I don't think this is a knock on Drag racing in the least, just not an endorsement for Bruton.

Yes..I agree
Closed Thread

Tags
crazy talk