CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 07-02-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy View Post
Nope....IHRA PS has been dead for years. PDRA? Perhaps, but here is great.

This is why I suggested Leonard, Kaase, etc. power be allowed in NHRA.
Just put the Hemi head back in the rule book that Glidden won with. Would love to see what Wescott could do with one with fuel injection.
Old 07-02-2018

Yep. I sure do miss hood scoops. That is a great looking race car!
Old 07-02-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI_guy View Post
I totally agree..... WITH the original engine/body rule.
Last week it was factory engines you wanted now something that defiantly had no factory origins. Iím lost do you want red blue green or purple Iím not sure you guys know what you really want.
Old 07-02-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racemaster View Post
Just put the Hemi head back in the rule book that Glidden won with. Would love to see what Wescott could do with one with fuel injection.
You canít be serious when you say this.
Old 07-02-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac4264 View Post
Last week it was factory engines you wanted now something that defiantly had no factory origins. I’m lost do you want red blue green or purple I’m not sure you guys know what you really want.
I'm open to almost anything that isn't what the class is now. I just want diversity. I want fans to be able to cheer for their brand. I think I'd still favor the late model production based stuff more because I think it stands a better chance of getting the car makers back in the class than now, which is 0%.
Old 07-03-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVT1000 View Post
I would love to know some details about the powerplant and what kind of numbers the car can run.
Most likely something like this one from Sonny's...at least 800 cubic inches, somewhere around 2000hp on motor only, capable of 6.20@225mph.

Old 07-03-2018

My engine guy has one with a fogger. It's a beast.
Old 07-03-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI_guy View Post
I'm open to almost anything that isn't what the class is now. I just want diversity. I want fans to be able to cheer for their brand. I think I'd still favor the late model production based stuff more because I think it stands a better chance of getting the car makers back in the class than now, which is 0%.
One main reason I came to pro stock was cause the rule package was pretty basic. 500 inches 2350 carbs etc. My family had raced Comp my whole life and from the early 80ís to early 2000ís there really wasnít lots of major rule changes like adding classes etc. then they started adding classes and really and truly it screwed Comp up. All this class adding started from guys who couldnít compete on current platform. It was more convenient to just get the rules changed. Now here we are 15-18 years later and Comp is almost gone cause they keep changing it trying to fix it. Maybe it was going to die anyways who really knows but they should have left well enough alone. But point is giving this small group this or that to come race isnít the answer. One you guys said it the other day they hate nascar cause itís like who ever cryís the most wins next week. When you try and create diversity like this someone always is going to be left behind until they complain enough they get the rule change. Then you guys live in this fairy tale that the sanctioning body is out to do the racers fair on any of this and will police this and make it all better for us. But this is the same sanctioning body that will not hire enough people to even do safety tech on cars before an event any more.
Old 07-03-2018

Quote:
Last week it was factory engines you wanted now something that defiantly had no factory origins. Iím lost do you want red blue green or purple Iím not sure you guys know what you really want.
A Boss 429 Mustang is a factory car and engine.
Old 07-03-2018

Default Absolutely serious

Quote:
You canít be serious when you say this.
Tell me why you are a doubter.