CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 07-05-2018

That was interesting. Just stepped outside and the whole Leverich Racing team was out there.
Old 07-05-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Charlet View Post
Nope. Don't know too many racing folks in town - kinda new to Arizona living. But, would like to get to know some local racers now that I'm in town. PM me your contact details. I buy beer... lol
Done and I'm no longer a drinker but thanks anyway.
Old 07-05-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuel Cars View Post
Done and I'm no longer a drinker but thanks anyway.
Root Beer works too...
Old 07-06-2018
Administrator

Getting back to the race...

The entry list.
https://www.nhra.com/schedule/2018/n...tab-entry-list

Detailed Run Schedule
http://www.nhraracer.com/apcm/APCMvi...?a=70982&z=175

Broadcast Schedule
Qualifying, Saturday, July 7, 2018 1:30pm - 3:30pm ET FS1 LIVE
Eliminations, Sunday, July 8, 2018 1:00pm - 4:00pm ET FS1 LIVE

----------------------------
Old 07-06-2018

Today:
80% thunderstorms, 83į-57į, 60% humid, 15 mph wind

Sat:
Sunny 57į-80į, 38% humid, 7 mph wind

Sun:
Mostly sunny 63į-88į-68į, 38% humid, 8 mph wind
Old 07-06-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonne* View Post
I don't know who called who. But I do know what it looks like. This is not a Cinderella story. They aren't going to let him win anything. This is fill-the-class only. Which, in my opinion, is not the answer at all to an ailing class.
So what is your answer?Fernando was a racer who was starting to make a mark in the class spending his own money to do so. Then his business was wiped of the map literally by a tsunami and he went from doing very well to trying to survive overnight. If he has recovered financially and is looking at a return to racing, I say welcome back! And KB powered cars have made eight final rounds and won twice this year. So why not go with them?

I don't know the details but I'm going to ask, I doubt that KB called him to come fill the field, they have other options if that was the case. I also doubt that Fernando would be paying just to be fodder. Keep in mind Bo pays KB to field that car and he certainly is competitive.

Not arguing, just discussing.
Alan
Old 07-06-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhart View Post
So what is your answer?Fernando was a racer who was starting to make a mark in the class spending his own money to do so. Then his business was wiped of the map literally by a tsunami and he went from doing very well to trying to survive overnight. If he has recovered financially and is looking at a return to racing, I say welcome back! And KB powered cars have made eight final rounds and won twice this year. So why not go with them?

I don't know the details but I'm going to ask, I doubt that KB called him to come fill the field, they have other options if that was the case. I also doubt that Fernando would be paying just to be fodder. Keep in mind Bo pays KB to field that car and he certainly is competitive.

Not arguing, just discussing.
Alan
Well that would explain why he stopped racing. I did not remember that part of it. Thanks Alan!

I think Yvonne is salty because of the Tim Freeman v Jason Line round 1 at Joliet result.
Old 07-06-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI_guy View Post
lol... seems every thread is turning out to be about the "ailing" P/S class.

........Chris?
And? Haters are still talking about us. Wouldnít matter what we did at this point the complainers are going to complain itís your nature. Pro stock as a group could let our wives and spouses all drive the cars on the Western swing to bring attention to the class and everyone would scream we are just trying to get attention. But I thought it was entertainment. Also would be very unfair cause Enders would have to let her husband drive if we all switched with spouses. You have already stated you want anything but current deal. I knew this deal was kind of going to go down cause people seen him at the 4 wide. Just like knew Brogdon was going to show back up at some point

Itís like the new fuel guy mentioned and you stated hope he does well to get more money bottom line thatís the issue top to bottom. Until everyone faces that fact expect there to be trouble moving forward with professional racing and not just pro stock. This race is 2200 miles from my house. I have a track thatís 15 miles from my house that looks exactly like it. Him maybe I should stay home race local radial series and do the whole pay to play deal and sleep in my own bed would be way cheaper.

But to keep thread on topic itís suppose to be done raining by 2. Good luck to all who came to watch and race instead of being behind there computer wishing they where here.
Old 07-06-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by de31168 View Post
Well that would explain why he stopped racing. I did not remember that part of it. Thanks Alan!

I think Yvonne is salty because of the Tim Freeman v Jason Line round 1 at Joliet result.
I thought it was great. Plus Iím here to say if pro stock is still around and my kid gets to race and we go against each other and itís late in the season whoever needs the points is going to win. Cause what the hell purpose is a two car team at that point. Remember itís entertainment which means winners are pre chosen.
Old 07-06-2018

Send a message via Yahoo to jayork1331
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac4264 View Post
And? Haters are still talking about us. Wouldnít matter what we did at this point the complainers are going to complain itís your nature. Pro stock as a group could let our wives and spouses all drive the cars on the Western swing to bring attention to the class and everyone would scream we are just trying to get attention. But I thought it was entertainment. Also would be very unfair cause Enders would have to let her husband drive if we all switched with spouses. You have already stated you want anything but current deal. I knew this deal was kind of going to go down cause people seen him at the 4 wide. Just like knew Brogdon was going to show back up at some point

Itís like the new fuel guy mentioned and you stated hope he does well to get more money bottom line thatís the issue top to bottom. Until everyone faces that fact expect there to be trouble moving forward with professional racing and not just pro stock. This race is 2200 miles from my house. I have a track thatís 15 miles from my house that looks exactly like it. Him maybe I should stay home race local radial series and do the whole pay to play deal and sleep in my own bed would be way cheaper.

But to keep thread on topic itís suppose to be done raining by 2. Good luck to all who came to watch and race instead of being behind there computer wishing they where here.

I will be there tomorrow and I will stop by to say hello Chris.....