CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 08-06-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynoGrump View Post
Racemaster please tell me u are not seriously gonna listen to or base anything on what a. poole says !!! butner and anderson do fine on the tree. there not jeg or erica but neither one's rt's are a detriment to the success of the car and considering greg and jason also tune & service their car and are not just paid drivers, they do fine considering!
Ha Ha,I got your attention. That.061 GA had rd 2 was outstanding.
Old 08-06-2018

Like I said, I am not accusing anybody, or trying to crap on the Elite teams, I just know so many times rules are made to be broken. I do not doubt Greggy had some way to control the electronic fluid in the shocks to work like traction control. I also believe Greg learned from the best.

Yes, I do think its the teams choice to decide which head comes off, and all the electronics and things in the way on the passenger side, it was already midnight when the teams got the car together again if they indeed pulled the easier one.

Part of this is I am trying to use pistons in a 396 standard bore and have already honed one hole up .020 over. This is just for a street motor. That is nothing compared to what might be going on in comp so the thought crossed my mind.

As far as the interview with Mr Elite, he said the cubes were below the legal limit from their calculations.
Old 08-06-2018

Quote:
Racemaster please tell me u are not seriously gonna listen to or base anything on what a. poole says !!! butner and anderson do fine on the tree. there not jeg or erica but neither one's rt's are a detriment to the success of the car and considering greg and jason also tune & service their car and are not just paid drivers, they do fine considering!
Just an observation, but with the top 4 qualifiers( representing the 3 major teams btw) qualified within .01 of each other, Jeg's 6.501 down to Tanner's 6.510, raceday rts can be a big detriment to the success of the car.
Old 08-06-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotheridiot View Post
Like I said, I am not accusing anybody, or trying to crap on the Elite teams, I just know so many times rules are made to be broken. I do not doubt Greggy had some way to control the electronic fluid in the shocks to work like traction control. I also believe Greg learned from the best.

Yes, I do think its the teams choice to decide which head comes off, and all the electronics and things in the way on the passenger side, it was already midnight when the teams got the car together again if they indeed pulled the easier one.

Part of this is I am trying to use pistons in a 396 standard bore and have already honed one hole up .020 over. This is just for a street motor. That is nothing compared to what might be going on in comp so the thought crossed my mind.

As far as the interview with Mr Elite, he said the cubes were below the legal limit from their calculations.
I wouldn't go as far as saying rules are made to be broken. It would be better said, if you said, rules are meant to be pressed but not actually broken. Working outside the box and being innovative is a lot different than actually breaking any rule.

It's the teams choice unless NHRA tell them they want a certain head off. In the past NHRA has let me decide which head cause they didn't care and other times they told me which head that they wanted. I didn't care either way cause it's their sand box that were all playing in.

If I had a street engine and all it needed was one piston and it happened to be oversize. Go with it and leave the rest alone. Same with a crankshaft, I've seen cranks with one bad journal and they just ground that one journal and left the other ones alone. That doesn't hurt anything and you can save a lot of money too.

Nick
Old 08-06-2018

i've always heard how rules can be stretched and i'd love for someone to cite an example of how a rule can be stretched and not broken. seems to me if your cheating, just a little bit, than your cheating, and u just didnt happen to get caught doing it. after all, is it possible to get slightly pregnant ???
Old 08-06-2018

FYI: Back in the 70s, a prominent Pennsylvania Pro Stock racer who is no longer with us, refused to pump at Indy & Uncle Jack "Hart" put him on the trailer for a year.
Old 08-06-2018

Quote:
i've always heard how rules can stretched and i'd love for someone to cite an example of how a rule can stretched and not broken. seems to me if your cheating, just a little bit, than your cheating, and u just didnt happen to get caught doing it. after all, is it possible to get slightly pregnant ???
I like this one.
Old 08-06-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGNBLDR View Post
Common, now were really grasping for straws here. I'm by no means am trying to defend the Elite team and if anyone from here also visits the Bullet, you would see that. But NHRA has told us before which head to pull off in the past. My guess is that they didn't tell Elite which head to pull off and that Elite decided to both pull the drivers side head off. If you wonder why the drivers side, it's because it's actually the easier of the two heads to be pulled off the engine. For Elite and or any team out there that would go through those types of efforts to make an engine to big, in my mind, just isn't going to happen. All I can say is, "IF" I felt another top team was cheating. One of the last places I would think they were cheating is with cubic inch...

I do agree with Chris in saying it can easily be done and the practice was done a lot more in Comp. I know in the past, there have been bigger engines in PS but I never heard of just one side or a few holes being bigger.

Nick
Just for the record, I do know of people who would make the right bank bigger, then use the excuse that they couldnt pull that head due to the overhang of the cowl. Mainly back in the old Firebird days. Said person called someone at the track on a monday after sunday had been washed out and told a lease customer if you got pumped or torn down, pull the left head. This was NHRA PS. If the motor is 510 cid due to one side being bigger, that is worth power.

Ive also seen guys slow down after a surprise tech in Seattle a few years back.

Not everyone is wired the same. I dont know how a person can cheat and feel good about winning when they know they are cheating. I wouldnt. But again, not everyone is wired the same way.
Old 08-06-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by goneracin View Post
Just for the record, I do know of people who would make the right bank bigger, then use the excuse that they couldnt pull that head due to the overhang of the cowl. Mainly back in the old Firebird days. Said person called someone at the track on a monday after sunday had been washed out and told a lease customer if you got pumped or torn down, pull the left head. This was NHRA PS. If the motor is 510 cid due to one side being bigger, that is worth power.
That's bizarre to me to try and do that! I'm not saying it didn't happen cause I have absolutely no idea who what where or when this happened. But to make an engine 10 CI bigger using the same stroke crankshaft. You would have to be right at .100 bigger in the bore department. The way I look at it if you have to go that much bigger in 4 cylinders to get an benign that's 510. Then maybe they should of just worked on making an engine combination that actually would work...
Old 08-06-2018

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGNBLDR View Post
Common, now were really grasping for straws here. I'm by no means am trying to defend the Elite team and if anyone from here also visits the Bullet, you would see that. But NHRA has told us before which head to pull off in the past. My guess is that they didn't tell Elite which head to pull off and that Elite decided to both pull the drivers side head off. If you wonder why the drivers side, it's because it's actually the easier of the two heads to be pulled off the engine. For Elite and or any team out there that would go through those types of efforts to make an engine to big, in my mind, just isn't going to happen. All I can say is, "IF" I felt another top team was cheating. One of the last places I would think they were cheating is with cubic inch...

I do agree with Chris in saying it can easily be done and the practice was done a lot more in Comp. I know in the past, there have been bigger engines in PS but I never heard of just one side or a few holes being bigger.

Nick
If cubic inch was one of the last places for cheating , where is the number one , two and three places to possibly cheat ,under the radar ?