CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 08-07-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by comp 670 View Post
The sad thing to me on this whole deal is the way the Elite camp decided to react to the tear down... Instead of just doing the tear down and proving themselves legal they choose to take to every online place imaginable and say bad things about Chris. Your racing in a professional class, ACT like it...

The worst of the comments (and Erica made this one on tv) was that they said he should have come straight to their pit and "settle it like men".... Geeze, grow up..

Chris did it EXACTLY how NHRA wants it done. Per the rules in place. Elite decided to turn up the drama meter to 11 and in my eyes they ended up looking like chumps for it.

I for one would be ecstatic to be running well enough that my competitors think I was cheating... Take it as a badge of honor, do the tear down and then take the high road when your proven legal and don't talk crap about it. Its just pulling a head, I had one off our turbo t-bird in 30 minutes after they could not "pump" it correctly after setting a record.. Its WAY harder to pull the whole turbo system then it is to just pull the intake and head on a PS car...
Disney and Pro Stock do not mix.
Old 08-08-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen. Disarray View Post
*And Nick your a great read , Thanks for spending some time and insight with us little people. It's all about positive appreciation tonight .
Yes it is. And don't forget, Nick is somewhat caught in the middle here....Elite is his former employer and he's currently getting his new engine shop up and running, including future plans to supply Pro Stock engines, so we obviously can't expect him to 'spill the beans' or point fingers at anyone. I think he's handled the whole incident as fairly as you could expect.
Old 08-08-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac4264 View Post
This absolutely can be done. Has nothing to do with load issues as much as just gaining power. You can individually trim out fuel curve. Balancing rotating isnít even an issue. Hmm maybe should have done 2k to one car and got both sides. Thought had crossed my mind.
LOL that's ok Chris. You said you wanted to do this before the countdown. You've got 2 more races to go if anyone of the other PS racers want to chip in and have them tear down both sides!
Old 08-08-2018
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racemaster View Post
Disney and Pro Stock do not mix.
That's too bad seeing as Disney posts yearly revenues in the BILLIONS.
Old 08-08-2018

Sorry, but the bigger bore on the other side made me chuckle. Unless the dynamics of building a naturally aspirated gas burning engine (Like in Pro Stock) have changed since I was involved, and physics is pretty consistent, bigger bore short stroke is the best way to make power. If you could bore the other side .100 more, you darn sure would bore both sides that extra .100 and change the crank to match. Nick and Chris when's the last time you built a small bore long stroke PS engine?

Maybe they are off-set grinding the crank to add an extra .250 stroke only to the right side!

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Alan
Old 08-08-2018

I'll take the word of the actual engine builders racers on this. Nobody said anything about stroking one side or individual cylinders.

Question for Nick- When they've had you pull a head to check, did they check all four cylinders on that side?
Old 08-08-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI_guy View Post
Question for Nick- When they've had you pull a head to check, did they check all four cylinders on that side?
You didn't ask me but I'll chime in...

Would there be a need to check all 4? Simple enough to do but why bother? You're not saying someone might overbore only a couple of cylinders on the same bank in order to gain a few CID, are you? I can imagine cheating and rule-stretching, but something along those lines seems utterly ridiculous. I think I could hide some 'Naws' or a TC device easier than I could get away with doing that.
Old 08-08-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonne* View Post
That's too bad seeing as Disney posts yearly revenues in the BILLIONS.
Possibly a different Disney character next time?
Old 08-08-2018

Actually my thinking was that few guys have gotten to a 4.730 bore with 3.550 stroke which gives you 499.03. But lot of guys have done this long enough that they have done 4.700 3.595 which gives you 498.97. Not hard to slap a 3.595 in that 4.730 block which gets you 505.36. This is not out of the question by any stretch of the imagination. At 2.8 per cubic inch is 15 hp. But taking only one head would show this. Nick and Alan are 100% right becomes to much to get there with bore. Really donít think a crank manufacture would even build that crankshaft. They would hang the phone up. Lmao.
Old 08-09-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhart View Post
Sorry, but the bigger bore on the other side made me chuckle. Unless the dynamics of building a naturally aspirated gas burning engine (Like in Pro Stock) have changed since I was involved, and physics is pretty consistent, bigger bore short stroke is the best way to make power. If you could bore the other side .100 more, you darn sure would bore both sides that extra .100 and change the crank to match. Nick and Chris when's the last time you built a small bore long stroke PS engine?

Maybe they are off-set grinding the crank to add an extra .250 stroke only to the right side!

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Alan
The smallest bore I have ever built was a 4.700 bore in the early 2000's when I was at Jeg's. Then at that it didn't take long to get to even a bigger bore. You could go as far as people suggesting with the new 10,5 rule that they would see longer strokes again. Nope, that still defeats the laws of physics and the direction to go.

Nick