CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 09-05-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy View Post
Don't know.... The editor republished the distributed press release.

I'm going with your later example. Although considering these statements....

"Throughout this sponsorship, which began in 2002, the NHRA has helped Coca-Cola deliver growth for multiple brands in the organization’s portfolio."

"In its time as the banner brand for NHRA’s premier series, Mello Yello has gained significant market share and shows no signs of slowing down."

....they really should share in that mutual success by doing the former.
I wish they would change the title rights to Surge, it tastes way better than Mello Yello. Plus fan demand forced Coke to bring it back unlike Mello Yello.
Old 09-06-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonne* View Post
Awesome news! I'm a huge Coca-Cola fan and its great to hear they're excited to continue the partnership.
I am really surprised its 6 years. Seeing how many cities follow chicago with this sugar tax and how much of this money can go into finding yet another chemical sweetener that will end up killing people just as bad as sugar. Yes, I know its an excuse in chicago to get more tax dollars, but you gotta wonder how much these companies are going to lose if other cities follow.

Really does not matter since healthy snacks like cliff bars are still being taxed as candy anyway.
Old 09-06-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by StockerGTP View Post
I wish they would change the title rights to Surge, it tastes way better than Mello Yello. Plus fan demand forced Coke to bring it back unlike Mello Yello.
If that is the case Surge is probably selling itself and doesn't need the advertising.
Old 09-06-2017
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotheridiot View Post
I am really surprised its 6 years. Seeing how many cities follow chicago with this sugar tax and how much of this money can go into finding yet another chemical sweetener that will end up killing people just as bad as sugar. Yes, I know its an excuse in chicago to get more tax dollars, but you gotta wonder how much these companies are going to lose if other cities follow.

Really does not matter since healthy snacks like cliff bars are still being taxed as candy anyway.
Oh yes, Seattle is already there with the "sugar tax" too. And it is 100% excuse for more tax dollars. But diet drinks are exempt as well as other beverages and the Coca-Cola Corp is vastly diverse in its holdings (they own Columbia Pictures as one example). But you know people still smoke after the cigarette tax and restaurant ban. So its kind of in question how much it'll really slow down consumption.