CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 07-30-2008

We are going because Australia has asked us to go. They have covered shipping and flights. Dad has so many friends there that we are going to stay with them so hotels wont cost us. Plus everything that we bring is going to be sold turn key. Dont worry about nitro because they are covering it but if they werent they have said that they get it at about 40% cheaper then VP is selling it. So basicly dad will get to sell a great chassis that NHRA wont allow anymore and the old monte carlo body. And some things that we cant use for next year and that will give us some money to recoup on this year because there has been some borrowing against stuff to keep us running this year.
Old 07-30-2008
Administrator

Steve, you guys don't have to justify anything, to anyone.
Old 07-30-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarors68
We are going because Australia has asked us to go. They have covered shipping and flights. Dad has so many friends there that we are going to stay with them so hotels wont cost us. Plus everything that we bring is going to be sold turn key. Dont worry about nitro because they are covering it but if they werent they have said that they get it at about 40% cheaper then VP is selling it. So basicly dad will get to sell a great chassis that NHRA wont allow anymore and the old monte carlo body. And some things that we cant use for next year and that will give us some money to recoup on this year because there has been some borrowing against stuff to keep us running this year.
Sounds like a good deal to me! Our Aussie brothers (and sisters) sure do know drag racing! Best wishes for that endeavor!

http://www.youtube.com/techrat77
Old 07-30-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarors68
Yeah, thanks, sorry if it came off like I needed an explanation, being your own boss takes that justifying things to anyone out of the equation. I was just curious. That does sound like a sweet deal especially if you are selling off an uncertifiable nhra chassis and body.

I always thought the teams that went to australia were using it like a corporate vacation plan. I wonder if Kalitta has been selling his stuff there too.

Tags
densham