CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 07-29-2008

So arent you saving enough money per race to continue on. You taking home decent winners checks, since you arent losing parts you should be a have not that have something.
Old 07-29-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotheridiot
So arent you saving enough money per race to continue on. You taking home decent winners checks, since you arent losing parts you should be a have not that have something.
LMAO.... SAVING money? LMFAO.. you think winning some rounds is gonna feed the monster?
SAVING money.. now that's hilarious.. Thanks I needed a laugh today
Old 07-29-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Gilles
LMAO.... SAVING money? LMFAO.. you think winning some rounds is gonna feed the monster?
SAVING money.. now that's hilarious.. Thanks I needed a laugh today
What? They didnt use up 48 pistons, rods, 6 cranks, 4 blocks, 8 sets of heads, three blowers, probably just changed clutch plates and went. It beats losing 100 grand to race for a weekend doesnt it?
Old 07-29-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotheridiot
What? They didnt use up 48 pistons, rods, 6 cranks, 4 blocks, 8 sets of heads, three blowers, probably just changed clutch plates and went. It beats losing 100 grand to race for a weekend doesnt it?
I know what you're saying, and I'm sorry for being so sarcastic, but there is no such thing as saving money in this sport. Nitro alone is what $1800/barrel?
Old 07-29-2008
gary4205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarors68
Im still here just have been trying to get dad some funding to finish out the year. Was at Sonoma which was good because we went to the finals. We just really need to find funding because we have the best team out there right now. At Sonoma same motor all 4 runs and we beat top fuel back to the lanes by 10 min and funnycar by 20 min. We even had some big teams complain to NHRA because we are beating them. At Seattle we had tech over looking at our car after every run. The same happened at Sonoma. The big teams cant believe we are beating them with a sixth of the budget.
Glad to see your dad going rounds. Have been a fan for a long time. He's certainly making the most with the least. Hope y'all are able to stay out on the tour.
Old 07-29-2008

Densham is my hero, has been since high school. Of course back then he was good for photo opps at the finish line because most of the time he was on fire.

Now he runs well and doesn't hurt anything. I love it when a team does well on pure heart and the love of the sport.

Hope you get funding. Since I work for some of the Top Fuel and Funny Car teams I hear your team's name all the time. You are right, they are all impressed as hell on your team's accomplishments.
360H T/D and Super Comp
Old 07-29-2008

Quote:
Im still here just have been trying to get dad some funding to finish out the year. Was at Sonoma which was good because we went to the finals. We just really need to find funding because we have the best team out there right now. At Sonoma same motor all 4 runs and we beat top fuel back to the lanes by 10 min and funnycar by 20 min. We even had some big teams complain to NHRA because we are beating them. At Seattle we had tech over looking at our car after every run. The same happened at Sonoma. The big teams cant believe we are beating them with a sixth of the budget.
Great job in Sonoma! I hope to see you guys in Brainerd!
Old 07-29-2008

Quote:
The big teams cant believe we are beating them with a sixth of the budget.
Yep... Ron Capps has mentioned on the telecast how he shouldn't be getting beat by a guy on a shoestring budget the past 2 races and Force mentioned it at Sonoma. I don't think they were complaining, they were actually giving Densham credit for running so well and so consistently although Capps seemed genously frustrated by the situation.
Old 07-29-2008

We are going to continue as long as we can. We have been saving parts so that has been helpful. If we can find sponsors for the rest of this year and future years we have plans for the fans. We are going to give fans more access then every imagined. I have some great ideas for the web and at the track. Just need the money to make it happen. We will also start next year in Australia before the season starts. I hope to have full sponsorship for the team for 2009.
Old 07-30-2008

Australia? How much does it cost to get your car to australia? That has got to be expensive, maybe two races worth of dollars or at least one cross country trip of diesel fuel. I mean its one thing for everyone to back you because you run with little budget, but fans will start to turn on you if you start living with the big boys going around the world like that for a race or not being able to make events this year because you have committed those dollars for a global excursion.

Tags
densham