CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 05-05-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Burke
I disagree. It's called making up the story and this is called hype.

The story of the race was not about someone who loses in the first round by a hole shot with the slowest reaction time of the round.

As far as the next level goes you activated my BS detector and I can't get it to shut off.
I guess we agree to disagree my friend.

Have to admit one thing, she is definately consistant with her lights. .100 to a .120 round after round. If she could stage different or something to cut .05 off her RT then I think that would be less of an issue.

As for the BS thing. You can't tell me the NHRA with full throttle comming on borad next year isnt looking for faces to carry the sport with the new fans of the NHRA.
Is Ashley the best right now "NO" has RT problems and all and "YES" Antron Brown is having a heck of a rookie season in the TFD.
Dragsters are easier to launch and drive. M Troxel, Mike Dunn, and others have said that. So it just simply could be the class he is in.
Old 05-05-2008

It could be the setup on her car. Or that she shallow stages the car even during eliminations which slows her reaction times down. She is however very consistent and is doing well in the countdown race.
Old 05-05-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy
Right you are Ron.

The story of the race is the bucks down driver/tuner with the win and F/C points lead.........
I thought so too. Here you had someone who was down on parts, running an old blower that he took off the car in a previous round because he didn't have enough time and crew to strip the blower from the last round and still beat a mega bucks team. It could almost bring tears to your eyes.
Old 05-05-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy
It could be the setup on her car. Or that she shallow stages the car even during eliminations which slows her reaction times down. She is however very consistent and is doing well in the countdown race.
Do you really believe with the amount of people available on that team they have a set up with which she can't cut a decent light or that she shallow stages so she can lose on hole shots? I doubt it.

There are two non car related reasons you are late:

a. your eye, hand, foot reaction time is too slow for the class you are driving in or

b. your concentration level is not very good. Given that she is consistently slow I'd guess a.

If the problem was the car it would have been fixed last year. Denying a problem exists won't fix it. Practice may but then again if your reflexes are just too slow for the tree you run on there is not a whole lot you can do about it.

Maybe the old southern fix, a moon pie and a Mountain Dew before each round. Possibly your teeth may fall out before the end of the year but as they say, no pain, no gain.
Old 05-05-2008

Any of you guys ever try to cut a good light in a nitro car? Didn't think so. Me neither.
Old 05-05-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesustotheRaces
Ashley Force is amazing that She maintains Her focus as well as She does.
I thought the announcers commenting about turning off the helment race
radio was interesting....then Ashley was quick to chime in about that.

i think once they begin to stage and until they cross the stripe there shuold be no voices in there head.....its hard enough to drive one those cars...
Old 05-05-2008

Quote:
Do you really believe with the amount of people available on that team they have a set up with which she can't cut a decent light or that she shallow stages so she can lose on hole shots? I doubt it.

There are two non car related reasons you are late:

a. your eye, hand, foot reaction time is too slow for the class you are driving in or

b. your concentration level is not very good. Given that she is consistently slow I'd guess a.

If the problem was the car it would have been fixed last year. Denying a problem exists won't fix it. Practice may but then again if your reflexes are just too slow for the tree you run on there is not a whole lot you can do about it.

Maybe the old southern fix, a moon pie and a Mountain Dew before each round. Possibly your teeth may fall out before the end of the year but as they say, no pain, no gain.
I just can't slip anything by you Ron. Ashley has been consistently slow at the tree. The other team Force cars are cutting average lights so it's probably not the setup.

It could be her concentration. Too many people talking in her ear, especially dad and that might be messing with her concentration at the tree.

Who knows maybe she will always be slow at the tree. Getting juiced up on MP and MD might be a good idea for her. However it would be a shame if her teeth fell out.
Old 05-05-2008
Administrator

Quote:
I thought so too. Here you had someone who was down on parts, running an old blower that he took off the car in a previous round because he didn't have enough time and crew to strip the blower from the last round and still beat a mega bucks team. It could almost bring tears to your eyes.
How did Wilk put it? "Tired old junk blower"?

And this teams strong showing so far this year didn't just happen. They were coming on strong late last season.

The tears were my wife's after she was awakened by my loud cheering....

----------------------------
Old 05-05-2008

Well last year she ran the same lights she's running this year. Difference is this year it 90% nitro and 100lbs heavier.
Old 05-05-2008
gary4205

I keep going back to the headphone deal. Shirley hit the nail on the head. Everyone is different. What works for some, doesn't work for others. I had my rituals, that included walking away from everyone about 10-15 before the first round, and staying away from everyone during the rest of the event. It's how I cleared the crap out of my head. Some people do better in controlled chaos.

Not sure if this is her problem, but It's worth a try, to go without the radio for one race. If her reaction times pick up, then you have your answer.

Tags
crazy talk