CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2008

getting the new guy caught in warmup fumes is half the fun. I've been standing in warmups since I was 6. I'm one of those guys who's always laughing at the pansies with their gas masks. besides, giving warning wouldn't do much good anyway. Depending on which way the air is going, or who is warming up, you still wouldn't have enough time to get out of there. I can remember a year at the grove when I was about 12. Dean Skuza started up. He was at one end of the row and we were at the other. We didn't even make it a quarter of the way down the row before it really nailed us.
Old 08-11-2008
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Gilles
might want to stick with Six Flags or something then Larry
This nitro warmup situation will eventually bite NHRA if they don't start giving warnings. Just like I predicted the engine explosions in nitro was a out of control disaster so is this!!
Old 08-11-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydavis427
This nitro warmup situation will eventually bite NHRA if they don't start giving warnings. Just like I predicted the engine explosions in nitro was a out of control disaster so is this!!
whatever dood
Old 08-11-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydavis427
I actually think NHRA should post warm up warnings for nitro. I've complained for years about a one or two minute warning for fans to clear out. Last year we were in the nitro tent when one of Force's cars started up. The burning smell came right into the tent choking some of the children. We took the kids and ran. To dangerous for the eyes and lungs. But nothing like two PS's in a staging battle and then listen to those 1500 hp motors bring the revs up. Come on Maple Grove!! For me it's hands down the most exciting moment in sports.
A good idea would be, when everyone starts running, you run the other way. Maybe they could pit the pro stock guys with the bracket racers.
Old 08-11-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotheridiot
A good idea would be, when everyone starts running, you run the other way. Maybe they could pit the pro stock guys with the bracket racers.
Old 08-11-2008

I Know some of you are joking by saying ProStock is boring,But seriously I dont get it,some of you guys say the fans clear the seats when ProStock cars run,WELL last year in VA & the year before when I went to Etown,NOBODY leaves there seat for prostock or promod INFACT many like these 2 door classes better than the fuel cars.Its not just the close racing,these cars are running the 1/4 mile over 200mph & in 6 seconds some promod's in the high 5's, so these classes are not slow & they provide the best racing currently in drag racing.
Old 08-11-2008
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Actually we take the kids to the Pro Stock and Sportsman pits. Safer and we see the greatest of our drag racers.. No empty fire suits here only Full 1/4 mile racers.
Old 08-11-2008

Different stroke for different folks. Some like all of the classes and some like certain ones.

As far as the Nitro vs. Door car debate. I think it boils down to the coast. Left coast people for the most part are more Fuel fans, East coast guys are more Door Car fans. Not good or bad, just what it is. I see plenty of people who get to the stands to watch the last few pairs of scooters, watch P/S and then leave before the track cleaners come out.
Old 08-11-2008

Quote:
sounds like a plan to me. Cmon man, even my mom and little sister used to make it through warmups without masks.
Old 08-11-2008
Banned

Default TF Down-Pro Stock Up??

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank369k
I Know some of you are joking by saying ProStock is boring,But seriously I dont get it,some of you guys say the fans clear the seats when ProStock cars run,WELL last year in VA & the year before when I went to Etown,NOBODY leaves there seat for prostock or promod INFACT many like these 2 door classes better than the fuel cars.Its not just the close racing,these cars are running the 1/4 mile over 200mph & in 6 seconds some promod's in the high 5's, so these classes are not slow & they provide the best racing currently in drag racing.
Actually Frank I was also at VA. and saw fans leaving for Nitro and returning to watch Comp and PS??? I've also noticed at several tracks that the many fans watch Funny and not TF?? Could it be the small fields in TF are starting to hurt the class???? I really hope this isn't the case because I like TF as well as all the classes.
Closed Thread

Tags
crazy talk