CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2009
Banned

Default No Pro Stocks on Wall Street!

For the opening of Wall St. NHRA had not one representative from the great Pro Stock class. The ones who attended had major sponsors from Ford Funny, a second Ford Funny, Lucas Oil TF, Quaker State Funny, Matco Tools TF, Geigo Motorcycle and a Harley Motorcycle. I guess they wanted the major sponsors from outside of drag racing. But no big sponsors in PS like Summit Racing and Jegs!! What's a little embarrassing is that there were no sponsors represented from Chrysler and GM in Pro Stock. Although I understand their reasoning that these great drag racing supporters being bankrupt. I could be wrong but I believe only Tony P. has been a world champ among these drivers. NHRA should have at least had a Pro Stock Car on Wall Street. Or perhap a car and driver like Multiple Champion Greg Anderson sponsored by Summit Racing!!
Old 06-10-2009
Bobbie K

I agree. That's a strange deal. If they based their selections on fan support surely Pro Stock outranks Pro Bike. I would like to know how they made their decision.
Old 06-10-2009
Administrator

Did ya think maybe, just maybe the teams they had there represented companies on the NYSE?
Old 06-10-2009
Bobbie K

Quote:
Originally Posted by competition View Post
Did ya think maybe, just maybe the teams they had there represented companies on the NYSE?
That's funny. I had just looked and was going to post that Summit and Jegs aren't listed. I'll get ya on Sunday!
Old 06-10-2009
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by competition View Post
Yes I realized that was a key that all companies should trade on the stock exchange. But still they could have at least put a Pro Stock like Jegs who has spent millions of dollars sponsoring drag racing on the street beside the other cars.
Old 06-10-2009
Super Moderator

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydavis427 View Post
For the opening of Wall St. NHRA had not one representative from the great Pro Stock class.
Who else would have possibly posted this thread??

Larry, the pro stock rights advocate.
Old 06-10-2009
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelfan View Post
Who else would have possibly posted this thread??

Larry, the pro stock rights advocate.
Thanks for noticing fuelfan. Although if there were no "fuel" cars represented on Wall St. I would have been an advocate for them.
Old 06-10-2009
Bobbie K

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydavis427 View Post
Yes I realized that was a key that all companies should trade on the stock exchange. But still they could have at least put a Pro Stock like Jegs who has spent millions of dollars sponsoring drag racing on the street beside the other cars.
Dah, guess I'm the dummy. I didn't think of that until after I posted so I did a search on the stocks and they weren't listed but Comp beat me to the next post. Doesn't matter how much Jegs or Summit have spent because they are private companies. To the NYSE, they don't exist.
Old 06-11-2009

Or maybe they just weren't interested in being there or had other plans.
Old 06-11-2009

Guess the rest of them have day jobs or need to prepare for this weekends race instead. Nice schedule having a 1500 mile trek on back to back weekends.

Hell, if GM or Chrysler was represented, wouldnt congress be questioning how they afforded their private jet to get there by wednesday morning?

Tags
crazy talk, pro stock, wall street