CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2010
Banned

Default Is The Problem Fixed!!

Will NHRA be able to fix the nitro oildown problem. As we know the HODs are causing delays which hurt the schedule during the events. If NHRA wants to hold on to fan attendance and the sportsman racers they had better improve this situation. I'm not sure what new changes have been made for 2011?? Does anyone know if any and what changes have been made to correct these event disruptions??
Old 12-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydavis427 View Post
I'm not sure what new changes have been made for 2011??
Hot off the press. NHRA has completely eliminated Pro Stock from their 2011 schedule, in order to allow additional time during national events to clean up the oil from the fuel cars.

Now that I have your attention, hell, I don't know, Larry. Supposedly the rules they implemented for Pomona II were for that race only, but I'll climb out on a limb and say that I would imagine something similar (or identical) will be in place for the WinterNats. Time will tell if NHRA needs to do more - or less.
Old 12-31-2010

Larry when you realize that pro stock will never be as popular as the nitro cars, I bet your blood pressure drops twenty-five points. We know you love pro stock but these redundant rants are getting old.
Old 12-31-2010

How about just making the pro stocks run nitro so they don't take so long. Ha!
Old 12-31-2010

Why do you care what happens during fuel runs? You should be in your car. I didn't think someone that hates fuel cars so much would sit in the stands after pro stock. Remember they close the show with the kings of the sport so you should be down the road and the oil downs should be the last thing you would be worried about.
Old 12-31-2010

Old 12-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twostep View Post
Hot off the press. NHRA has completely eliminated Pro Stock from their 2011 schedule, in order to allow additional time during national events to clean up the oil from the fuel cars.
Larry ol buddy, ya gotta agree this is funny. I think NHRA will be taking the necessary steps to cut down on the oil-downs. Hey, we could do a song and call it 'Cut Down on the Oil-Downs'.
Old 12-31-2010

heres the deal funny car and top fuel qualify on thursday--2 runs...run the entire ladder friday nite..they then go home...saturday its sportsman and pro stocks..2 rounds of qualifying each..run the entire show on sunday..if this makes everyone mad, swithch the days..the sportsman are used to running odd ball hours anyway....the fuelers can blow their brains out dump it all out, the track will run out and scrub it up..and we will blow it some more..great for tv..
Old 12-31-2010

.....yawn. Same topic, now different thread.
Old 01-01-2011

He officially started this last year, lets hope it was one last before he tries to stick to his new years resolution.

( I did like the idea for teams to put up signs for warm up times. If Larry never filled his shorts when that nitro dragster started he might have never been scarred so badly and been so against the kings of the sport)

Tags
crazy talk