CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > IHRA

Old 06-10-2008
PaulPaladin

Ike, as a huge fan of drag racing in general, I totally understand the spectators point of view. If I were there as a spectator, and it was the only race I could go to this year, I'd love to see the NHRA teams in action. Those guys are the best of the best.

But if you're out there this weekend and want to see a Nitro Funny Car operation in a much more intimate detail than an NHRA pit area could ever provide, come by Andy Kelley's pit and ask for me or Butch or Andy.

And that's an open invitation to everyone else, too. Hopefully we may be too busy to talk on Sunday afternoon, but ALMOST every other time we'll be around and usually love to hear ourselves talk

Paul C.
Old 06-10-2008

Default Andy Kelly pit area

I'm going to be at the race also...I might take you up on that offer. I've got Saturday tickets. I'm trying to convince my wife to let me attend Friday as well. I am disappointed that some sort of arrangement with the NHRA teams couldn't be reached. Even an exhibition display would be great. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if somehow, someway, the ADRL is coming up with a way to allow nitro testing at their events.
Old 06-10-2008

well, with a sluggish economy it looks like more and more teams will be parking due to funding. So while it may seem like a good idea right now it seems as though in a few months they might regret this.
Old 06-11-2008
PaulPaladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreds1
I'm going to be at the race also...I might take you up on that offer. I've got Saturday tickets. I'm trying to convince my wife to let me attend Friday as well. I am disappointed that some sort of arrangement with the NHRA teams couldn't be reached. Even an exhibition display would be great. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if somehow, someway, the ADRL is coming up with a way to allow nitro testing at their events.
Come on by. We'll probably warm the car up around 1:15 or so on Sat afternoon getting ready for the first qual run of the day, and before that or right after that is a good time to come by.

Hope we don't have as many oil downs as we did in Milan....that was unreal. We went out in round one, and were servicing the car. I wasn't really paying attention to what was going on on the track. We got done servicing it, and I was cleaning parts and heard some fuel cars go down the track. I walked out and asked who won second round funny car and was told it was still first round top fuel. I felt awful for the fans to have to sit through that kind of wait.
Old 06-11-2008

Default NHRA racers

Remember guys and gals, IHRA is going to be going through the same fuel shortage as NHRA if the Chinese have really shut down nitro production for the Olympics!
What Aaron Polbourn said was the regulars should get their money, and their points system does not need one time "ringers" to mess it up for the teams that support IHRA.
Give them a break, they have problems of their own, and some they share with NHRA.
Old 06-11-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary4205
Dumb move Aaron!
Sorry Gary, I can agree with you 98% of the time, but this isn't one of them. Yes, I would like to see some of the NHRA guys at IHRA races, but with the Nitro shortage thing going on (if it's really for real), i can understand IHRA's point. Paul put it pretty good, I would have to agree with him.
Old 06-14-2008
Banned

lol i applaude IHRA for telling the over funded teams of NHRA to suck a big one .

I also hope NHRA folds and suffer major problems over thier need for greed rather then speed.

NHRA fuel racers could give a chit about ihra until the time comes for them to be convenient

Good for you IHRA ....

NHRA has made thier bed now they should lie in it. I hope shoe makes them sweat.

Also the greed of vp and nhra should be investigated more.
Old 06-16-2008

Good thing none of the NHRA TF regulars were denied boarding for the event!
Old 06-16-2008
gary4205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro1102
Good thing none of the NHRA TF regulars were denied boarding for the event!
No kidding! 6 Cars!
Old 06-16-2008
PaulPaladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary4205
No kidding! 6 Cars!
Seven, including Scott Palmer showing up late. Wonder how many will make the trip to Edmonton?

Nice facility. Cleanest restrooms I've ever seen at a drag strip. And believe me, that make a HUGE difference

Tags
tasca