CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 02-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotheridiot View Post
you mean it was more different than just stickers?
Yes the grill and headlight area is different shapes. Even on the Funnycar body they did it differently to allow for the decals/paint to fit correctly.

Although this new body Tasca has does not have that element. Its more like a flat panel like the street version of an early 90's Cutlass
Old 02-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by techrat_77 View Post
This should be fun to watch! You know if Tasca is suddenly leading the field that everyone will have to have one of those bodies! Wouldn't you love to be on the receiving end of the bidding war between JFR and DSR for the next one if it proves to be an advantage?
Who at DSR is running a Mustang this year? Otherwise why would DSR get in a bidding war?
Old 02-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by odspice14 View Post
Who at DSR is running a Mustang this year? Otherwise why would DSR get in a bidding war?
bidding war to build their next body, theres alot of mold time for that carbon fiber. would be more interesting if tasca pulled a power move about nobody else getting one other than his ford team for some payback
Old 02-01-2011

I don't think Tasca is expecting better results, just cost savings. By the way, if one thinks Nitro racing is expensive, go check out the Outerlimits website. And keep in mind some these guys race these boats for nothing more than trophies and bragging rights.... with NO sponsor more often than not. The others just use them for pleasurecraft. I know of a 50' Skater turbine engined boat that just a weekend playtoy not far from here on Lake Erie. Not this week though.... the ice boats are having their fun on the lake. In the meantime I'm trying to decide if I want that 53SV or the 48Cat on the Outerlimits site. Decisions, decisions.
Old 02-02-2011

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI_guy View Post
I don't think Tasca is expecting better results, just cost savings. By the way, if one thinks Nitro racing is expensive, go check out the Outerlimits website. And keep in mind some these guys race these boats for nothing more than trophies and bragging rights.... with NO sponsor more often than not. The others just use them for pleasurecraft. I know of a 50' Skater turbine engined boat that just a weekend playtoy not far from here on Lake Erie. Not this week though.... the ice boats are having their fun on the lake. In the meantime I'm trying to decide if I want that 53SV or the 48Cat on the Outerlimits site. Decisions, decisions.
Outerlimits 48 cat? You already mentioned Skater in an earlier post...you know better It's a Skater Nation baby!!!

Pretty cool that Fiore got involved in drag racing though and I really hope they get the durability and economic results that they're looking for.
Old 02-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Slick View Post
Outerlimits 48 cat? You already mentioned Skater in an earlier post...you know better It's a Skater Nation baby!!!
Yeah, besides... Skater is a Michigan based company. Fountains are nice too, I ocasionally get to spend time on a really nice 42. That thing drinks 100 gallons of fuel per hour... NOT for those with shallow pockets, thin wallets and weak hearts!
Old 02-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI_guy View Post
I don't think Tasca is expecting better results, just cost savings.
I agree, he's only looking for the cost angle, but there's the "what if" factor that won't be known until it's actually in use. If there's a hidden advantage we haven't seen yet, it could be a game-changer! Of course, it could always change the game in the wrong direction as well.

http://www.youtube.com/techrat77

Tags
ford, mustang, outerlimits, tasca