CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 12-20-2017

I always wondered why the Vette was never used in P/S. It seems more aerodynamic than anything else out there in stock form. Does the shape of the body not lend itself to desired engine location or something like that?
Old 12-20-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVT1000 View Post
I always wondered why the Vette was never used in P/S. It seems more aerodynamic than anything else out there in stock form. Does the shape of the body not lend itself to desired engine location or something like that?
It is because of the rules. Willy posted this in another thread which explains it. "Actually, imports have been allowed since at least 1996. This has been in the Rulebook for over 20 years....
{P/S cars are:} Reserved for NHRA-accepted 2-door or 4-door coupe or sedan (domestic or foreign) production vehicles." The Corvette is not a coupe or sedan, but a Sport or GT car by their definition. Until now (any accepted engine) no one had an engine (push rod) that could be 500 C.I. that fit the criteria for the class.

All they have to do is submit a design that conforms to the NHRA Pro Stock Body Measurement Legend sheets then get approval.
Old 12-24-2017

Old 12-28-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVT1000 View Post
The body shape is deceptive to how aerodynamic a car might be in remember in the early 90s the super swoopy looking Camaro and Firebird competing against the Cutlass and it beingsaid the Cutlass was the most aerodynamic of them. Who would have guessed that looking at those body styles.

I think it's more Chevy not really needing to promote the Corvette but they need to promote the Camaro to try to get sales from possible Mustang buyers
Old 12-28-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugbelch View Post
slug,that is just wrong,hahahaha
Old 12-29-2017

So ugly itís funny