CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 1 Week Ago

I drive from the Modesto area and I've been taken 37 east to 101 to 580 and have been getting home pretty quick. Don't have to do the switch back on 37 or go back across through valejo.
Old 6 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFerline View Post
Love doing that and see them run from the nitro fumes. Only thing better was when they used to whack the throttle.
My wife and I went to Norwalk for the National event last month. I'd really love to bring a newbie one of these times, but where I live the nearest national event is about a 5 hour drive to Reading.

Anyway, we were wandering around the pits and watched Scott Palmer's crew roll their car out so the headers were out from under the canopy while overhearing Scott tell a guy "Look out, I'm going to do it". Then as he climbs in the car, the crowd gets a bit bigger with a couple people with cameras out (apparently not knowing what he meant) stand almost right in line with the headers. Amazing seeing the reactions!
Old 6 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgty3whlr View Post
Has anyone brought a Newbie to Nat. event that's always got something to say or cocky and you tell them get up to the ropes just as they are getting ready to fire up a nitro car because if they don't get up there when they fire them up, They won't be able to see over the crowd? Funny how they are fighting the crowd to get to some fresh air! Classic Stuff, I've done it, Chime in... How many others?
Just walk 'em down to the 1000' stands right before the first nitro pass and let 'em get a load of what 330mph looks like up close. That'll answer all their doubts and questions.
Old 5 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfRacer View Post
Every year I host a bunch of people at the Sonoma race. Many are veterans and each year I get some newbies. This will be an interesting year as I have 29 people - men / women / children (11-14 years old) who have never been to a drag race. Nada ever.

We will all sit together and I emailed this past weekend some info "what you're going to see." Spec's on the 3 pro car classes and some also on Sportsman classes.

Of course I tell them to bring camera, ear plugs, etc. Over the past 20+ years I've converted 2 dozen to going every year. About 8 go with me to Pomona, Vegas, Phoenix. Their experiences, opinions and willingness to spend their entertainment dollars mirrors what you see at the big meets.

I'll report back after the Sonoma race on the new 29.
I guess you must be a Professional spectator wannabe like me since you go to Natl. Events as some here call us.
Old 4 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingnitro View Post
I guess you must be a Professional spectator wannabe like me since you go to Natl. Events as some here call us.
Geez, I never thought about it that way...I guess I am.
Those professionals stay at my house, play my golf course, eat my food, drive my car.......wait! They are golfracer wannabes!
Old 4 Days Ago

Quote:
Those professionals stay at my house, play my golf course, eat my food, drive my car.......wait! They are golfracer wannabes!
Yeah....you're just a wanna-be... - **** bandwagon follower....eating other people's bacon and stuff......
Old 3 Days Ago
Super Moderator

Quote:
Bwaahahahahaha! I just got water up my nose!