CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 08-16-2015
Administrator

Geez guys, calm down. The coverage will be up in the morning. You know we did finish late last night, right? Today was a travel day. We do have to sleep sometime. :-)
Old 08-17-2015

It was 1998, and I intend to upload the whole show, but I completely forgot about the special happenings in the funny car finals. Two things you may never see happen again.. the method of getting back to the starting line, and dry hops in a "modern" nitro funny car!

Sorry for the terrible audio quality.

http://youtu.be/UqwY2nbFtWI
Old 08-17-2015
Administrator

Thumbs up

Here ya go!

http://competitionplus.com/drag-raci...ght-under-fire

----------------------------
Old 08-17-2015
Super Moderator

Wow! The crowd shots are incredible! They sure can pack 'em in.
Old 08-17-2015

The Bader's put on one of the best shows on the east coast from what I remember. I'd love to get back there sometime. Used to be able to go every year for the IHRA bracket finals.

Who cares?
Old 08-17-2015

I was referring to there not being a lot of places even speaking of it before hand.
It wasn't that many years ago that it was on NHRA.com, and on yahoo news even.
Old 08-17-2015

A little secret about the NUF for those that don't already know this.. but once the Big Show is over, the track is re-prepped and the sportsman racers pick back up where they left off before the Big Show began. And if you stick around late enough (2 am?) you'll be treated to a HUGE free (my favorite four letter word) all you can eat breakfast buffet. And it's NOT crappy food, it really good. But keep in mind it's been about 10 years since I've been there for this shin-dig, so don't hold me responsible if they're not doing this anymore.

BTW- anyone remember the year Scotty Cannon unofficially broke the speed record with a 331 mph. pass? Force was both stunned and a bit pissed off.
Old 08-17-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI_guy View Post
A little secret about the NUF for those that don't already know this.. but once the Bif Show is over, the track is re-prepped and the sportsman racers pick back up where they left off before the Big Show began. And if you stick around late enough (2 am?) you'll be treated to a HUGE free (my favorite four letter word) all you can eat breakfast buffet. And it's NOT crappy food, it really food. But keep in mid it's been nearly about 10 years since I've been there for the shin-dig, so don't hold me responsible if they're not doing this anymore.

BTW- anyone remember the year Scotty Cannon unofficially broke the speed record with a 331 mph. pass? Force was both stunned and a bit pissed off.
If Jr is running it like Sr did, I wouldn't be surprised if this was still happening.

My dad went out for the annual Halloween Classic many years ago, unfortunately, they had to call it due to snow, but Sr made it worth everyone's drive from what I remember my dad telling me.

Who cares?
Old 08-18-2015
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI_guy View Post
A little secret about the NUF for those that don't already know this.. but once the Big Show is over, the track is re-prepped and the sportsman racers pick back up where they left off before the Big Show began. And if you stick around late enough (2 am?) you'll be treated to a HUGE free (my favorite four letter word) all you can eat breakfast buffet. And it's NOT crappy food, it really good. But keep in mind it's been about 10 years since I've been there for this shin-dig, so don't hold me responsible if they're not doing this anymore.
That is pretty cool!
Old 08-18-2015
Super Moderator

Here's another crowd shot along with Mick Snyder. For those interested, Snyder is spearheading a version of EFI on his blower engine and doing very well the last couple of weeks!

Photo Courtesy of FDS FB