CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-19-2015
tjohnson000 tjohnson000 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Columbus, NE
Posts: 49
Default Advice for Indy

I am driving 700 Miles to attend this event for the very first time. With that being said, I am also bringing both of my children who are six and eight years old. My question is the kids will get restless and I need to know which seats are best and closest to the pits. Is it the east or west section? Also, any advice on something that is a must see while we are there besides the race shops and IMS? Thanks for the feedback.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-20-2015
Willy's Avatar
Willy Willy is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicago U.S.A.
Posts: 11,955
Default

You're going to need these maps & charts.

http://www.lucasoilraceway.com/NationalsMap.jpg

http://www.nhra.net/2013/images/indy...ith%20logo.jpg

Pro pits are on the Parks Tower (East) side.
__________________
----------------------------



----------------------------
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-20-2015
Scott's Avatar
Scott Scott is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Indiana
Posts: 704
Default

East side seats are right next to pro pits, only downside is that they face the sun all day. The stands are also at a steeper angle compared to the West side seats.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-20-2015
HEMI_guy HEMI_guy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 10,453
Default

$20 might sound expensive for parking, but parking just outside of Gate 2 is well worth it. That is unless you dislike the idea of giving your money to Bill Simpson/Imapct, who is the owner of that property.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-20-2015
tjohnson000 tjohnson000 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Columbus, NE
Posts: 49
Default

Thanks everyone. Yeah parking was my next question. So you're saying that Gate 2 is the closest and best parking for access to the facility?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-20-2015
Mike Carr's Avatar
Mike Carr Mike Carr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Castle PA
Posts: 1,045
Send a message via AIM to Mike Carr Send a message via MSN to Mike Carr Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Carr
Default

Do you have any friends that race? If so, I would buy a Racers Pass from them (they will need to be present with you at the credentials trailer). I think it's $105 for all six days. Sportsman racers only get six (6) passes per entry, o some may not have any left for them.
__________________
Mike Carr Tri-State Stock/Super Stock Association President
buffdaddy_1302@hotmail.com
Facebook/Twitter: buffdaddy1302
Looking for 2016 S/SS Race Sponsors. Contact Me if interested
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-20-2015
tjohnson000 tjohnson000 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Columbus, NE
Posts: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Carr View Post
Do you have any friends that race? If so, I would buy a Racers Pass from them (they will need to be present with you at the credentials trailer). I think it's $105 for all six days. Sportsman racers only get six (6) passes per entry, o some may not have any left for them.
I get free event tickets from Traxxas. I get free hospitality passes from JFR and Napa as well. Helps being a Traxxas dealer here in Nebraska and a father who owns a Napa.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-20-2015
de31168's Avatar
de31168 de31168 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Griffith, IN
Posts: 3,300
Default

And making a new online friend on the comp plus forum who would be more than happy to show you around for one of them passes! lol
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-20-2015
HEMI_guy HEMI_guy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 10,453
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjohnson000 View Post
Thanks everyone. Yeah parking was my next question. So you're saying that Gate 2 is the closest and best parking for access to the facility?
Yeah, it's closest to the pro pits. Check out the Lucas Oil Raceway map that Willy posted. Might want to look at Google maps satellite view too.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-21-2015
Kingnitro Kingnitro is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,698
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjohnson000 View Post
I am driving 700 Miles to attend this event for the very first time. With that being said, I am also bringing both of my children who are six and eight years old. My question is the kids will get restless and I need to know which seats are best and closest to the pits. Is it the east or west section? Also, any advice on something that is a must see while we are there besides the race shops and IMS? Thanks for the feedback.
Unless you like the Sun in your face come 2 PM, sit on the West side!
__________________
www.Kingnitro.Smugmug.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.